RSSI pins for various receivers - Page 27 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 17, 2012, 07:31 PM
Registered User
hello, what is the pin 7, or where it connects to receiver RSSI JR 649S?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 10:20 PM
Daniel del Chaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by masam54
In my old NER649S, there's a 7761 chip, I also managed to get rssi from my old 10ch JR rx.
Hello,
I do not understand that pin is welded, and that side?
Please!!!
Daniel
Nov 13, 2012, 08:57 AM
There's magic in those wings !
khaled_abobakr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
And if you're looking for RSSI out on a R617FS it's Pin #28
Hi

Could someone please tell me what I need to do besides soldering a wire to the RSSI pin..... Please correct me

1-10K ohm resistor inline with the RSSI wire
2- Ground reference wire soldered to any ground in the RX board

Thanks a lot for your help

Much appreciated

Khaled
Nov 18, 2012, 01:48 AM
Registered User
The resistor without a capacitor to the ground doesn't make much sense.
Nov 18, 2012, 12:50 PM
There's magic in those wings !
khaled_abobakr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
The resistor without a capacitor to the ground doesn't make much sense.
Sorry .. but I really don't know why I have to use a 10K ohm resistor inline with the RSSI wire , and a capacitor inline with the ground wire ... I'm trying to replicate what other people did without understanding the science behind it ... I have no electronic background at all .. so I apologize for the newbie/stupid questions ...

Thank you very much for bearing with me ...

Khaled
Nov 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
Registered User
This structure is known as a low pass RC filter.
For RSSI the purpose is to average the receiver pulses into a less jumping voltage, easy to follow on the screen.
Nov 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
There's magic in those wings !
khaled_abobakr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
This structure is known as a low pass RC filter.
For RSSI the purpose is to average the receiver pulses into a less jumping voltage, easy to follow on the screen.
Thanks a lot .. for the info .. I really appreciate it

Khaled
Dec 08, 2012, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo91
Hi,
does anyone knows where is the RSSI pin on a futaba fasst R6014?
tnks!
Searching for this myself right now if anyone could fill me in, got the R6014HS 12 channel
Dec 24, 2012, 04:05 PM
Registered User
I'm going to bump this up again about the Futaba R6208 SB. I was using a FrSky Sbus Rx but was getting cruddy range, so I switched back to the Futaba and I'm easily getting nearly twice the range and running into the limit of my FPV now. Much better, but it would be nice to have RSSI which is why I switched to begin with.
Jan 16, 2013, 03:29 PM
Registered User
Hello, I'd like to ask following - does Radiolink R7EH receiver contain RSSI or PWM signal pin? I'm attaching board photos. Thank you in advance for your answers
Jan 16, 2013, 04:14 PM
Registered User
1fullbird's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobi78
Hello, I'd like to ask following - does Radiolink R7EH receiver contain RSSI or PWM signal pin? I'm attaching board photos. Thank you in advance for your answers
In picture #2 what is the number on the IC chip with all the leads in the middle (it's fuzzy in the picture)? Do an internet search on it--should have a diagram of the pin functions and a layout by pin. Use the index mark to find the correct pin.

For example here is a new Corona RP6D1 (without the jumper)
Last edited by 1fullbird; Jan 16, 2013 at 09:31 PM.
Jan 17, 2013, 04:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fullbird
In picture #2 what is the number on the IC chip with all the leads in the middle (it's fuzzy in the picture)? Do an internet search on it--should have a diagram of the pin functions and a layout by pin. Use the index mark to find the correct pin.

For example here is a new Corona RP6D1 (without the jumper)
It looks that chip inside is Texas Instuments CC2500.
Datasheet link: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2500.pdf
But ...hmmm... there's written that RSSI is digital see 17.3 on page 34 - can it help me somehow?
Jan 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
Registered User
1fullbird's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobi78
It looks that chip inside is Texas Instuments CC2500.
Datasheet link: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2500.pdf
But ...hmmm... there's written that RSSI is digital see 17.3 on page 34 - can it help me somehow?
I looked at the pin data sheets on page 16 & 17 of the spec doc and I don't see a RSSI output pin.
Jan 20, 2013, 04:49 PM
Registered User
Has anyone found out how to get acces to rssi pin (or where to solder the wire to) on walkera rx802 with devo8s. ? would be nice...
Jan 23, 2013, 03:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobi78
It looks that chip inside is Texas Instuments CC2500.
Datasheet link: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2500.pdf
But ...hmmm... there's written that RSSI is digital see 17.3 on page 34 - can it help me somehow?
CC2500 digital RSSI requires additional decoding hardware and software, is not a DIY solution without advanced electronic skills.
Has been done for Frsky receivers, but is not an universal solution.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale usb cable for futaba/hitec pin (round 6 pins) jaas75 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Sep 05, 2008 01:34 AM
Pots for Futaba conquest transmitter hcastell Electric Plane Talk 2 Sep 12, 2001 09:14 AM
Make your own DIN plug for Futaba TX! pullin-gs Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 06, 2001 09:05 PM
WTB: Hitec 555 rx for Futaba ( Slope Nut Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jul 28, 2001 09:54 PM
Programming manual for Futaba 7UAF gwh Electric Plane Talk 3 May 31, 2001 01:43 AM