Sep 11, 2008, 09:40 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

What would be good all rounf F3x plane

With so many planes out there and with back ground of T.D. contest flying. I would like to explore F3B. I am in need of some knowledge on what ones would be a good cross of T.D. and learning F3b. any suggestions? Like to keep cost too around $1,000 if i can.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2008, 10:25 AM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite2bolt
With so many planes out there and with back ground of T.D. contest flying. I would like to explore F3B. I am in need of some knowledge on what ones would be a good cross of T.D. and learning F3b. any suggestions? Like to keep cost too around $1,000 if i can.
Look for Tragi's, and X-21s, and Elipses and such. But really, any glider at all will work just fine. All you need to do is read the rules and fly the tasks. Any and all F3J planes work well to learn B with. It is the tasks that need to be learned and perfected. Once you have that down, moving to a more F3B specific plane will just make your lap counts go up in distance, your speed times come down, and your duration tasks will require a little more attention....Especially when you do duration in the early morning and late afternoon.

Have fun with it.

Mike
Sep 11, 2008, 10:29 AM
F3B
tragi of some sort?
Sep 12, 2008, 11:30 AM
UAS Test Pilot
NYX Furio is nice... www.bretamodel.cz
Sep 12, 2008, 07:45 PM
Just keep watch on the sailplanes for sale column. I just saw a Brisk go for $600.00 that would work fine. If ya want a great condition F3B/F plane and are willing to spend a little more--I've got two nice Race M's I can sell--$1300.00 each RTF--one has the full flying stab-the other the conventional V-tail. I've also got a very nice Viking, or Nyx Furio-those are $1500.00 each RTF> all in GREAT condition. FYI
Tim
Sep 12, 2008, 09:56 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the information. now more info. to mull over.
Last edited by Lite2bolt; Sep 13, 2008 at 11:35 AM.
Sep 13, 2008, 06:17 PM
Thermal Wrangler
My 1st F3B ship is the Furio. It's pretty viceless; wide speed range, great radio access, excellent build quality.

Weakness is the tailplane pivot; the aluminium flanges come unseated from the fin skin if you knock the tail with your shin ;0)

Easy fix though.

The Ellipse 4 is another good choice but isn't as slippery as the Furio but is a great launcher/ thermal hound; get 1 2nd hand they should be around.

Skip Miller Models has a few bargains as well;

http://www.skipmillermodels.com/Sales.php\

Chris.

Quick Reply