Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 09, 2018, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioteo
Any pics of the build? I think it could be really helpful...
don't have the build yet. was worried but water getting in since my icon a5 has that problem. will probably build one now.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2018, 04:55 AM
Polaris hydroplane (2 min 27 sec)
Aug 13, 2018, 09:52 PM
So the ESC in my Polaris that I thought was broken from getting wet magically came back to life after I waited a month and tried again, lol. Flew this weekend then broke my tail at the base in a really weird way. Did a slow pancake landing right next to me and the tail happened to come down on a stick that someone had stuck into the grass. It looked like one side of the horizontal stab came down on it and pushed it up; the foam at the base of the vertical tail right above the wooden mount just cracked open a bit on both sides. It is in a different place than two previous repairs though, which is kinda nice hehe.
Aug 13, 2018, 10:05 PM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
That stinks. I still need to build mine
Aug 15, 2018, 03:17 PM
Полярис (5 min 40 sec)
Aug 15, 2018, 04:29 PM

Polaris too low? or Pilot too slow?

After too long off from flying - I finally hit the lake (literally) this morning. We had a couple good flights with the Magnum Reloaded, one with the Jupiter Duck, Then the Polaris XL took to the air-and the Lake!!! Kinda lost orentation Polaris was too low, and I was too slow - almost made it... but it is repairable, and besides I think Scott probably has more... -Smile -

Over flying pilot skills = Crash!!! (1 min 10 sec)
Aug 15, 2018, 05:53 PM
doh. It happens to everyone. At first you're always like "IT WAS THE WIND!" Then later you're like "I think I screwed up"
Aug 15, 2018, 07:51 PM
Been there... said that.... Then figured it out!!!
Aug 15, 2018, 09:26 PM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod
doh. It happens to everyone. At first you're always like "IT WAS THE WIND!" Then later you're like "I think I screwed up"
Been there done that lol
Aug 17, 2018, 04:42 AM
Камера SQ-11 на Полярисе (6 min 54 sec)
Aug 17, 2018, 11:26 PM
Yesterday my Friend's XL lost total power mid flight... Great dead stick landing (but that is easy with a Polaris) - No Damage. I discovered a failed solder joint on one of the connectors near the ESC. Once repaired, the motor would not run. Found one leg of the stater to be open. Is it possible that the intermittent connector continuity could have damaged the motor, or just a coincidence? I replaced the motor, and re soldered the connector and all is well. Any thoughts about the two being related...

Thanks
GG
Aug 17, 2018, 11:34 PM
Nice Video Iltis. Thanks for sharing..
GG
Aug 28, 2018, 03:11 AM

polaris xl touch and go

polaris xl touch and go (5 min 17 sec)
Aug 30, 2018, 02:09 AM

polaris XXL before crash

polaris XXL before crah / le polaris XXL avant le crash (4 min 50 sec)
Aug 31, 2018, 06:59 AM
Hope the crash didn't cause too much damage!

Quick Reply