Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 16, 2018, 07:54 AM
absolutely maybe
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Thread/page68

I think we are up for the pics and videos too, we are in Perth, Australia.....so the pics and video may be upside down! :P
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 10:01 AM
Привет Жорж! Да это светодиоды. Решил поэкспериментировать и вот что получилось. светодиоды заказал на китайском сайте aliexress супер яркие.
А схему спаял простую которых полно на просторах интернета и продублировал эту схему с заменой конденсатора на большую емкость и получилось 2 пары светодиодов с различной частотой мигания.
Apr 16, 2018, 09:56 PM
Park Jet Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80
September 11, 2018 will be the 10th anniversary of the creation of this thread. We need to start planning a global flyoff--starting... say... September 1 and ending on September 11, with everyone posting photos or videos in appreciation to LADDIE for his North Star and jetset44 for his Polaris variant.

I will do it, although I may be the only one to play.
Wow, 10 years?!? I had realized that. I'll blow the dust off my Polaris to kick off the celebration!
Apr 16, 2018, 10:02 PM
Park Jet Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtronic
i think Facebook also change new young pilots mind because of less search & find capacity compare to web forums like here and also more "closed minds" like stated up here ?

other change came from material+ electric : Depron open a door ... than molded EPO seems to completely over take balsa market share
and now i'm in love with EPP

For the remaining "kit market" , i think companys should now move to 100% EPP , this is my opinion :
i really love Rc-Factory kits !
https://www.rc-factory.eu/letadla/fu...es/f-22-raptor

Any EPP kit coming JetSet ?
Yes, for those that just want to fly it's hard to beat the convenience of RTF molded foam. But I still think too many guys are missing out on the fun of actually BUILDING the model. Everyone's different, I realize, but for me more than half the fun of the hobby is building.

No, there aren't any new RC projects on my To Do list. In fact, I haven't even flown an RC model in over a year. But I am getting my garage ready to start a new airplane project soon, below is a pic. Hint: it has a 27 ft wing span and weighs 1320 lbs. Planning to start it this summer.
Apr 17, 2018, 12:46 AM

@ Iltis:

Cпасибо for your explanation, which (by the help of GOOGLE TRANSLATE and your schema) I could understand.

Regards,
Georg
Apr 17, 2018, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
Yes, for those that just want to fly it's hard to beat the convenience of RTF molded foam. But I still think too many guys are missing out on the fun of actually BUILDING the model. Everyone's different, I realize, but for me more than half the fun of the hobby is building.

No, there aren't any new RC projects on my To Do list. In fact, I haven't even flown an RC model in over a year. But I am getting my garage ready to start a new airplane project soon, below is a pic. Hint: it has a 27 ft wing span and weighs 1320 lbs. Planning to start it this summer.
WOW Steve, that's impressive! But I don't think there's enough Depron left in the US to build it!
Apr 18, 2018, 06:25 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
I am up to 1989, in my "Don Dewey Memorial Radio Control Modeler (RCM) Plans Collection".

And, in October 1989, I found a reference to a "twice size" Northstar, with plans drawn by LADDIE.

Here is the information.
Apr 19, 2018, 03:07 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Spring is here and I have just launched my 'Soviet Speedboat' ..... Progress 4 .....

This is the boat that I use to go out on the river for flying..... and a bit of fun / fishing as well.

So now just waiting those balmy days when I go out there with Polaris .... a bag of LiPo's and enjoy ...

Here she is as original seats etc. ...

And now with the old seats out of my Volvo :

Next up will be flight stuff !!

Nigel
May 12, 2018, 05:42 AM
Drat Drat Drat !!

Decided to have first of season out on river ... nice warm sunny day ...

Polaris goes out .... really nice ... BUT seems elevator is a bit low on response ... do a loop and she is not pulling round as usual ....
I put Full rate .... she's now squirrely - obviously something not quite right ............

I fly for about 3 mins and then decide to do a touch and go ..... pulling round to line up she decided that all the years of faithful service and my disgraceful treatment of her was enough ... she took a dive into the water ....

That was my LiPo lost to bottom of river and she broke up ... collected the bits ....

Back to build another ............ incorporating all the small mods i like ... I shall always have a Polaris in my hangar ....

Sadly video seems to be lost .... the GoPro I have is completely unreliable !

Nigel
May 12, 2018, 02:29 PM
60 years of RC flying
Sorry to hear of the demise of a Polaris.

My old #1 from 2009 bit the dust one last time in October, so itís time to build another. Actually, I have a kit for the AquaCat, which is my favorite Polaris-like model, and will probably build that. Meanwhile, the Polaris Mini soldiers on after six years.
May 14, 2018, 03:14 PM
Forgive me for this ... but I have the Arctic Cat to maiden and then a Model Airshow to run ... once they are over - new Polaris will be started ....

Must have one in the hangar !!

Nigel
May 22, 2018, 12:08 PM
This morning I took my XL out to the field along with my Soloshot3. Had a bit better luck, but a few things we need to work on. It looses focus at times, could be due to the shiny surface. The plane dissapears from the field of view at times for no apparent reason, and at times I notice shake in the video, kind like the heart beat of a person holding the camera... But all in all - ok. Here is the vid.

2018 05 22 Polaris XL SoloShot 3 (2 min 34 sec)
May 22, 2018, 02:17 PM
The SS3 .... I now only use medium setting to avoid the out of frame too often. Its also important to update the FW as SS are improving it step by step.

Nigel
May 25, 2018, 02:07 AM
Hi guys, want to buils an XL polaris about 1.2m due to the fact a lake "appeared" not far. I was reading a lot of post that the plane is good in more aspects but there are also posibilities for improvements. Do you might know if there is an improved plan for this plane?
Thanks.
Wondering if possible to combine with WIG concept?
May 25, 2018, 02:14 AM
I now have 120% built in exact same way although I have always Had two servos for ailerons in the top of the body, rudder and elevator servos in the motor pod so they are easy to service.
I fly on 4 cells other than it being easier to see it’s no better than standard size it’s actually slower on the same set up

Quick Reply