Polaris Seaplane Parkflyer - Page 1863 - RC Groups
May 06, 2017, 10:23 AM
Boaterbill1
Great, they are ordered, and hope they are for the XL? No size was listed.
I'll find out soon
Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterbill1
Great, they are ordered, and hope they are for the XL? No size was listed.
I'll find out soon
Thank you.
FYI the decals listed on the website are for the standard Polaris not the XL. However Bill called me and we've got him squared away with a set for the XL.
May 08, 2017, 07:11 PM
I just received the C20 motor from HobbyKing. So I was able to maiden the mini. Flew very well but the motor was very hot after 4 minute flight. Is this normal? I'm using the same battery size 3cell 850, and 5.5 x 4.5 prop.
May 09, 2017, 11:13 AM
Boaterbill1
I appreciate the quick response and help to get the correct decals on order.
May 12, 2017, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dplanedplane
I just received the C20 motor from HobbyKing. So I was able to maiden the mini. Flew very well but the motor was very hot after 4 minute flight. Is this normal? I'm using the same battery size 3cell 850, and 5.5 x 4.5 prop.
The motor seems fine now. Changed to a lighter prop with less pitch. Running nag much cooler now.
May 12, 2017, 01:09 PM
I'm thinking of trimming the vertical stabilizer about an inch at the top on my mini. It is acting like a big sail when on the water and it has made it a little hard to stear when it has to run cross-wind. Has anyone done that? That vertical stabilizer at the top should not affect flight, do you think?
May 13, 2017, 12:59 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
I know on the standard - I have flown after breaking top fin off and it made no difference to flight.

Nigel
May 15, 2017, 01:17 PM
Boaterbill1
Model Aero - Thanks for helping on the decals.
The forward cockpit decals could use an adjustment. Or my model is smaller?
The cutouts for the wing place the USCG symbol low on the side and they wrap around the bottom and top little. The top piece is really wide for the assembled fuse.
These decals are really a nice touch for this plane! Makes my build capabilities (Not so good as I hand cut the pieces) look good too! Hides well. I'm really impressed. Thanks.
May 15, 2017, 02:00 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Just to show that years on - it still flies !! ....

Polaris Kuldiga field 14 May 2017 (5 min 28 sec)

Nigel
May 15, 2017, 03:27 PM
60 years of RC flying
Good to see it still going. I had my original Polaris from 2009 out the other day and it still flies well despite looking battered and having gained 2-3 oz over the years.
May 17, 2017, 09:31 PM
That seem to happen to all of us with age.... Gaining that is.... except it is usually pounds, and more than 2 or three LOL
May 19, 2017, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterbill1
Model Aero - Thanks for helping on the decals.
The forward cockpit decals could use an adjustment. Or my model is smaller?
The cutouts for the wing place the USCG symbol low on the side and they wrap around the bottom and top little. The top piece is really wide for the assembled fuse.
These decals are really a nice touch for this plane! Makes my build capabilities (Not so good as I hand cut the pieces) look good too! Hides well. I'm really impressed. Thanks.
It sure sounds like you have a regular 29" span Polaris and not an XL if the decals don't fit.
May 20, 2017, 10:50 AM
The latest on my Polaris 1.8. I have about 5 projects I am rotating among (just my style) so they get finished in no particular order--but this one is finally there :-)

Weight is 66oz w/o battery (what happens when you have a 5.5oz motor, 70amp ESC, strengthened wing and motor mounting, and a paint job). That's the bad news--the good news in the power system should deliver 88oz of thrust, so I am not feeling too concerned, especially as it feels so light when I pick it up.

Anyway, looking forward to getting it in the air...Pete M

PS--Callie Graphics, except for the flags, which I did...
May 21, 2017, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmisuinas
The latest on my Polaris 1.8. I have about 5 projects I am rotating among (just my style) so they get finished in no particular order--but this one is finally there :-)

Weight is 66oz w/o battery (what happens when you have a 5.5oz motor, 70amp ESC, strengthened wing and motor mounting, and a paint job). That's the bad news--the good news in the power system should deliver 88oz of thrust, so I am not feeling too concerned, especially as it feels so light when I pick it up.

Anyway, looking forward to getting it in the air...Pete M

PS--Callie Graphics, except for the flags, which I did...
Nice looking Polaris Pete! The colors really pop.
May 22, 2017, 07:47 AM
Looks great! Love the T'birds scheme

Callie does a fantastic job on the decals as usual!