Jan 30, 2012, 04:07 PM
crxmanpat,

You almost got a double 15K. One for this thread and one for your personal count.

Glen
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
My XL from Scott is just about ready. Glad to have been here to seee the growth to 15k+. Thanks for all the great info.

Allen
Jan 30, 2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob93447
Polaris Shrink?

Does Depron shrink? I see slight changes in the aileron settings in my Polaris XL over time? The changes equate to the fuse getting shorter; is that possible?
Can't imagine depron is schrinking. Is your control linkage is getting longer? Servo is displaced? I would rather search in that direction.

My polaris is now starting it's 3th year, but no schrinking detected.
Jan 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
Steve, Scott, Just so you know He is at it again.. Reported him.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rc-Plane-4...item3a6fde748d

My apologies... not trying to hijack thread. I will send a PM next time!!
Last edited by Baseman; Jan 30, 2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Add a comment
Jan 30, 2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman

Has anyone told this gut there is a classified section on RC group??
Jezzzzzzzzzz
Lenny
Jan 30, 2012, 09:50 PM
White box came in the mail this afternoon. It's got a lot of depron, a motor, ESC, and some carbon fiber strips. I'm pretty sure that after adding some glue and a few hours labor it will turn out to be a Polaris.

Glen
Jan 30, 2012, 11:20 PM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman

Thanks for letting us know, Baseman. Geeez, the nerve of some people. He thinks that by simply deleting the Polaris name he can still get away with it... If he'd bothered to at least make it his own design that looked like a Polaris I wouldn't be so offended, but to just blatantly use the Polaris plans and call it his own is just lazy as well as theft.
Jan 31, 2012, 03:18 AM
Aus
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop

Polaris Reflections

Congratulations Steve on the success of your Polaris - bring on the next 15k posts.

To review the success of the Polaris, I recommend going to thread tools and selecting 'Show attachments in this Thread'. This will bring up the fourteen pages (to date) of Polaris photos showing the trials , triumphs and failures .

Here's to continued innovation, great flying and honest reflections.

Cheers Steve, and thanks.

Aus.
Jan 31, 2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
Thanks for letting us know, Baseman. Geeez, the nerve of some people. He thinks that by simply deleting the Polaris name he can still get away with it... If he'd bothered to at least make it his own design that looked like a Polaris I wouldn't be so offended, but to just blatantly use the Polaris plans and call it his own is just lazy as well as theft.
This happened to my North Star. Shortly after Balsa USA started producing the kits of the NS, the Taiwanese company started advertising the clone in their adds. Only thing they changed was adding extra fin. Ron Bush owner of BUSA told me that he contacted the company and asked them to stop advertising the NS. Apparently it did work.
Good luck Steve.
Laddie.
Jan 31, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cheese eating monkey.
I've been playing with the Polaris on RC Desk pilot and quite like the way it behaves.

As anybody who has experience of the real plane tried this model on the simulator? Is it behaving in a similar manner?
Jan 31, 2012, 11:21 AM
Almost finished my 100% Polaris scratch build. Close enough at least to get a useful estimate of RTF weight. Between 550 &650 g (19 & 22 oz for you imperial users) depending on whether I use a 1300 or 2200 mah battery. Just motor mount, battery hatch and control horns to install, then seal up nacelle and rear hull then RTF! I'll post up full specs, gear details and pix when it's complete.
Jan 31, 2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Almost finished my 100% Polaris scratch build. Close enough at least to get a useful estimate of RTF weight. Between 550 &650 g (19 & 22 oz for you imperial users) depending on whether I use a 1300 or 2200 mah battery. Just motor mount, battery hatch and control horns to install, then seal up nacelle and rear hull then RTF! I'll post up full specs, gear details and pix when it's complete.
wormboy
THIS IS POLARIS CONTROL YOUR LAUNCH IS A GO......
Expecting pic, or video otay???
Later
Lenny
Last edited by lennyboy; Jan 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Jan 31, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cheese eating monkey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughAce
Hey Pecan, good to see/read you here.
I remember you posting a while ago in the BD-5 thread about starting a Polaris. Hope you're making good progress on it.

Re. your sim question, I noticed a couple of things compared to the real Polaris:
- Motor power is realistic, unlimited vertical, but takeoff runs for ROG are way shorter in reality
- Flight characteristics are generally ok, very neutral just as the original
- High alpha is almost not possible on the sim. You can expect a lot more from the real thing
- Elevator and rudder response are rather sluggish. In reality, they respond a lot better, especially if there's some prop wash flowing around them
- Aileron response and roll rate are realistic
- Gliding performance is better in reality

All in all, I think it's impressive for a free piece of software. It could help practicing and getting used to the delta-typical flight silhouette of the Polaris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoramix
I've been playing with the Polaris on RC Desk pilot and quite like the way it behaves.

As anybody who has experience of the real plane tried this model on the simulator? Is it behaving in a similar manner?
I think that I've just found the answer to my question!
Jan 31, 2012, 01:19 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughAce
Hey Pecan, good to see/read you here.
I remember you posting a while ago in the BD-5 thread about starting a Polaris. Hope you're making good progress on it.

Thanks Tough Ace, it's going well, I missed this from you at first, just saw it on the previous post. All thats left is to cut my hatch and add front cooling vent. Then trim and paint. I'm doing one other mod that Im sure there will be some haters on. I wont divulge what that is till she's all finished and flown.(wait I believe I already mentioned it)
Jan 31, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cheese eating monkey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch
[/I]

Thanks Tough Ace, it's going well, I missed this from you at first, just saw it on the previous post. All thats left is to cut my hatch and add front cooling vent. Then trim and paint. I'm doing one other mod that Im sure there will be some haters on. I wont divulge what that is till she's all finished and flown.(wait I believe I already mentioned it)
Thank you for modelling the Polaris, I've spent a couple of hours playing with it!

Quick Reply