Sep 14, 2008, 11:59 AM
SmoothCruizer2, that was Greg Covey's Little Toni. Devon McGrath was flying it. He had it up to about 150+ mph at NEAT. A couple of weeks ago at one of the local (Rochester, NY area) events they had it up to 198mph. Devon is a super pilot and likes to really push it, especially doing the pylon racing turns.
Dave
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2008, 03:09 PM
BEC
BEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidrc
Al great pics! I wish I could have been at the flight line but I was pretty much stuck at my booth the whole time.

Got any more info on this craft?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=2063379

-Josh
As Ken said, that's a Quickie. From the picture it must be about 1/3 scale (the full size spans 16 feet and is powered typically with an Onan industrial engine of 18 HP).

Kind of ironic Don did a wood built up model of an airplane that's fiberglass over styrofoam in full size....

Some pictures of various full-scale variants.....
Latest blog entry: Back to full capacity
Sep 14, 2008, 03:14 PM
Micro EDF addict
thansk for the pics..... its a bizarre looking plane no doubt! but cool!
Sep 15, 2008, 09:56 AM
How high will it go?
Hey, I made the grade! Got my tent with my sons in there (stars and stripes formosa). Thanks for the awesome pics! I have some video this year, no pics, got to get busy editing.

Anthony
Sep 15, 2008, 07:09 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Does Ray have a license for those legs?? He should.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Sep 15, 2008, 07:24 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
To all of you who took pictures of the event, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

It is way too far for me to drive, so I live via the pictures and to see all the different planes is really special.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.

Quick Reply