Feb 10, 2003, 08:33 PM
Thread OP

Century Twinstar 30 - E Conversion Candidate?

I just happened over to the Century web site and noticed their Twinstar 30 scale heli kit (Also available fully painted for people like me who are totaly void of artistic talent.) It's just a wild guess, but this might be an interesting candidate for electric conversion. You probable wouldn't want to be doing any acrobatics with it, but it would be a great Sunday cruiser. Any thoughts anyone?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2003, 08:46 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
RC-Direct has the same exact fuselage fitted to one of their Logo helicopters. Have seen it on display at several events, but never seen it in flight.

Since it's based on the Hawk mechanics, the conversion shouldn't be much of a problem. I would imagine cooling to be a big concern with electric helis enclosed in fuselages.

Stephen
Feb 11, 2003, 10:31 AM

Twinstar Logo 10

I am building a logo 10 in the Century Twinstar.

I will be done soon it has been fairly easy to fit with a few mods.

I will post pictures and details when im done.
Feb 11, 2003, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
The Logo 10 mechanics would definately be lighter than the Hawk mechanics. Do you think that it will have enough thrust?
Feb 11, 2003, 02:15 PM
Suspended Account
The Logo10 should do just fine. That rotor head should handle 550mm semi symetrical "scale" blades with no problem. Be sure to run thrust bearings and choose a pinion gear to keep the head speed down to 1300 to 1400 rpm.

The only problem might be finding the right length tail drive belt and tail boom to fit the longer tail on the TwinStar.

Hey, it's a scaler and you want the low headspeed for "scale like" flight!!

Brad
Feb 11, 2003, 03:20 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
That's the beauty of electric power. You can configure your power system to have either lots of thrust or long duration. It's not determined by the platform it rides on.

If a OS32 can fly a Hawk in that fuselage, Logo 10 should have absolutely no problems as well.

Stephen
Feb 11, 2003, 03:33 PM
Principal Member
i was just over at century yesterday, this thing looks sweet in real life! beefy components too

Quick Reply