Dec 28, 2009, 05:41 AM
Kmart, just order straight by Remzibi. You will love the OSD, and great help here.

Delta, Happykillmore made a video about RSSI on Remzibi OSD. You can find everything on his site:
http://remzibiosd.happykillmore.com/

Happykillmore and Remzibi, I poped open the black case, and everything seems allright. The wite wire in the socket looks oke, and also on the print itself. Also the usb socket looks allright.. I'm Sorry.. I'll make a picture..
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2009, 07:00 AM
I dont think a picture is neccesary anymore.
The solderpoints look allright..

Men, my brother tried a few things because he know a lot more about computers than i do, but he cant help me.

Happykillmore, or Remzibi, Renatoa, isnt there a way that you can look over my shoulder? A sort of hack?

There isn't much to see on this computer:P.

Hmm.. mayby a crazy purposal..

Today my Wolf K-10 ( a dutch flying wing) arrived, so i can put my elektronics in to the wing.
After reading great stories about a FPV wing, i would love to try it, But, only after my RSSI reading is working..

Damnit, isn't there an other way to chek if my OTI cable is allright?

I think i become crazy. If i hold the red button when i power up my videosystem, i see the programm mode.. But my computer dont want to know anything about it.. Tried a few computers, but they all do the same..

Help..
Dec 30, 2009, 07:52 AM
I can look to your screen, I have tools for overseas customer support, but all simptoms points to a defective cable, I don't see how I can help in this case...
Did you ever flew a flying wing? Santa brings me one, a GP Slinger, and I can tell you was very close to crash it at first launch. It is very CG sensitive and also elevons needed a huge trimmimg, 20mm++ throw instead 12mm recommended, so EPA reduced to 40% ! and expo 70% ! to handle it. Much nervous than a mustang ! Don't fly it FPV from the first !!!
Last edited by renatoa; Dec 30, 2009 at 08:43 AM.
Dec 30, 2009, 08:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Damnit, isn't there an other way to chek if my OTI cable is allright?

Help..
Please do not panic - PM me , and I will send another USB cable - that will be most quick solution .
Dec 30, 2009, 08:52 AM
Suspended Account
Remzibi, have you read my posts above? As near as I can tell, it's a cable problem....

PS, 2000 posts!
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Dec 30, 2009 at 09:22 AM.
Dec 30, 2009, 12:11 PM
Renatoa, I have had a few flying wings. So hopefully it will help me to hold him in the air.
I made a lot of flights with my EZ, and sometimes doing things that a EZ just can't handle. Therefore i want a flying wing now.
I'm always make a few flights to trim the plane, and to know the plane a little bit better. After that, i'm gonna pull the Goggle from my girlfriends head, so i can make a FPV flight with it. But thanks..

Remzibi, thank you very much for your offer, i have send you a PM.
Hopefully the cable arrive soon..

Thanks again for all the great help..Crossing my fingers that it's the OTI cable.. Can't wait to build a new FPV platform..But not before i have a RSSI reading..
Dec 30, 2009, 12:24 PM
I didn't know your experience, just shared my first flying wing adventures

Why is RSSI so important for you to have ?
Dec 30, 2009, 12:45 PM
it's fancy. I think all the FPV equipment avaible today..
But the RSSI isn't the top concern for me anymore. I want to have it work..
Last edited by Remy; Dec 31, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Dec 31, 2009, 06:32 PM
Engineer for Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore
Remzibi, have you read my posts above? As near as I can tell, it's a cable problem....

PS, 2000 posts!
I got it to work by stubbornly re trying two nights ago. Today I'm trying to program two new ones and once again it is failing

You and I went through this back in June. It finally decided to work and now has stopped. I haven't changed any of the configuration software or anything of that sort. it might have something to do with the latest update of the OSD software.

CORRECTION: It is a cable problem! I have three cables here and all were defective. I got one working. The white and blue wires were switched and when I rearraged them it worked. The other cable had a dead short in it. Apparently I got it to work last night by tugging on the cables just enough to open up the short. I resoldered the wires but it didn't fix the problem. I'll mess with it a little more before I give up.

-Alex
Last edited by IBCrazy; Jan 01, 2010 at 01:17 AM.
Dec 31, 2009, 06:48 PM
Engineer for Christ
Here are my screen shots taken with various failures. It has worked in the past, but will not work tonight.

I'm thinking it could possibly be a voltage problem on the Power in.
Dec 31, 2009, 07:12 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
IBC, I'm newer to the Remzibi OSD, but did have something similar when I forgot to push and hold the red button on the OSD board then powering it up. I take it you did push the button in?
Jan 01, 2010, 02:08 AM
Engineer for Christ
It was cable problems oddly enough. Who'd have thought with 3 cables? My old one developed a short internally and went belly up. One new one had the blue and white wires swapped, and the other I have no idea what is wrong with it. I swapped the wires on the one and got it working.
Jan 06, 2010, 12:58 PM
Eduardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by remzibi
I forget to write that also is possible to made a mix pitch and roll - but then too many poins are flying on the screen and finally is not look clen and nice . Also pitch range is short (must be scaled depends from camera lens) so quicly moving from screen when angle is bigger than +/-20 degrees .
So finally I decide to made as on movie .
Hello, can you send the part of code you used to calculate the artifical horizon ?
I tell about the code that receive pith and roll and draw the caracter in teh screen .

Regards and sorry for my bad english.
Jan 06, 2010, 01:17 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Wow I hope I get the PL2303 cable and not the OTI cable
Jan 06, 2010, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
WARNING

There is the OTi cable problem for certain units - the cables looks like this one and have changed blue with white wire .
Unfortunate it is human error - and already I had serious talk with this "human" about .
Fortunate are only few (about 15 pcs.) this cables was sent - so I hope no more such mistake will happend .

Solution is to change white and blue cables for their proper possitions .

Please look at the pictures what kind of cable (and only this) can be problematic and how to swap those cables to solve communication problem .
Swaping cables please do not draw them out holding cable (will broke) - but gently push them out using small srewdriver .

Everyones - who got defective cables and have problem with changing - please contact me to PM - I will send another - and those failed please send me back .

Also I am very sorry for this - please forgive me all who got bad cables .
Last edited by remzibi; Jan 06, 2010 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply