Nov 09, 2010, 01:40 PM
Onto The Next Project!

Two blade prop recommendation for Power 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
Testing the Power 10. Same conditions as the Power 15.

Power 10 CC-45 Loong Max 2250 25C 3S Packs

11x7E 11.1V 47.8A 535W

10x10E 10.8V 48.6A 528W

10x7E 11.1V 37.5A 420W

9x9E 11.2V 41.1A 461W

Impressive little motor, but perhaps just as impressive are these Loong Max Packs. Now granted, if you firewall that throttle things are going to get hot fast, and flight times will be low.

Tommy D
Hey Tommy -

So I'm running a Power 10, 40A ESC, with Thunder Pwr 2200mah 30C 3S on my Corsair and looking for the best two blade prop that this set up would run well with. I see your test results above but what size prop would you recommend I go with to get the most performance out of it? I'm currently using the stock 9.5 x 7.5 two blader and it does well, but looking for even more performance w/o upgrading anything else.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2012, 03:41 PM
Master Destroyer of foam
Hello all I have just purchased a Corsair and have heard that the wings tend to crack and was wondering if anyone knew a techinque to strengthen the wing besides tape
Jan 23, 2012, 04:12 PM
RVA
RVA
I was in your shoes a couple of months ago and researched it. First, I believe the consensus is you don't need to worry about it if running stock set-up. If you are upgrading the motor then yes, you should employ one of many suggestions found here or in the main PZ Corsair thread, also in the warbirds area. In short, your options are:
a) replace stock spar with aluminum version. must be hand fabricated but plans are here somewhere
b) bamboo skewers or, in my case carbon rods, shoved at 45 degree angles
c) adding additional spar, inlaid, paralleled with stock
d) adding surface carbon or reinforced tape
e) glassing the wing.

if there is one of the above you are most interested in, I may be able to get you a link via my bookmarks. Good luck.

Oh, and I recently noticed a small crack in the elevator control surface. This started AFTER I upgraded. This too has been well documented here. If upgrading and reinforcing the wing, make sure you also add some to that elevator!
Jan 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbonez5670
Hello all I have just purchased a Corsair and have heard that the wings tend to crack and was wondering if anyone knew a techinque to strengthen the wing besides tape
After my wing crack from pulling out of a dive, I follow Max Headspeed advice and inserted some bamboo skewers into the wing. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13639
Jan 24, 2012, 10:24 PM
Suspended Account
cut deep in the wings and have some expossed and insert a carbon spar

fly it really light with a small battery and enjoy it s a light plane instead before modding it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbonez5670
Jan 24, 2012, 10:49 PM
Shut up and fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
cut deep in the wings and have some expossed and insert a carbon spar

fly it really light with a small battery and enjoy it s a light plane instead before modding it
wow there you are how is the FPV flying been going
Jan 26, 2012, 08:57 AM
Suspended Account
great and addicting as ever

how are you?

been a long time my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman
wow there you are how is the FPV flying been going
Jan 26, 2012, 01:41 PM
Two things first, WOW your Corsair looks awesome! Next I think its genius that you cut the flaps into 3 pieces... Now I would like your honest opinion. I personally do not find the Corsair very hard to land, do you think the flaps give you that much more control at low speed? In other words was it worth the effort or just Cool as Heck!?
Sig Pilot
Dec 20, 2013, 11:34 AM
Can anyone help me figure out how to get a turnigy sk3 35-36 motor spaced forward on the corsair? Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Josh
Feb 02, 2017, 08:45 AM
Add-me-in

Bringing this thread back from the dead

Hey guys, I'm from the future! Has anyone modified a ParkZone Corsair into a FG-2 Corsair? I think I'm going to cut the razorback down, extend the tail, then paint it like this one!
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...=30&ajaxhist=0
Feb 02, 2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLucas
Hey guys, I'm from the future! Has anyone modified a ParkZone Corsair into a FG-2 Corsair? I think I'm going to cut the razorback down, extend the tail, then paint it like this one!
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...=30&ajaxhist=0
Hi Leo, welcome to the past.

You know it would be so much easier to just get the RocHobby (FMS) F2G instead. The plane is flat out beautiful!

Plus the 2 PZ Corsairs are spared an unfortunate fate. Better to send them to more appreciative fans of PZ warbirds.
Feb 02, 2017, 11:57 AM
Add-me-in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donodo
Hi Leo, welcome to the past.

You know it would be so much easier to just get the RocHobby (FMS) F2G instead. The plane is flat out beautiful!

Plus the 2 PZ Corsairs are spared an unfortunate fate. Better to send them to more appreciative fans of PZ warbirds.
I know about the RocHobby F2G, but I got my Corsair from a friend, in bad shape with ruined wing, will get new one, and many ugly scratches and dents. I don't know what you mean by 2 PZ Corsairs? And I do appreciate my Corsair, buuuuttt, I thought it would be nice to make it look fresh and new! I haven't flown it, but when I get the new wing I will. If it fly's, I'll make the modification!