Parkzone F4U Corsair Mod thread - RC Groups
Sep 06, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Build Log

Parkzone F4U Corsair Mod thread

Hey Guys

Thought it would be a good idea to have a place to list all the builders mods on the Parkzone Corsair.

Mine is on the way to me as we speak. Local hobby shops struck out on PnP and I was not about to purchase a RTF.

I'm going to try and test a few motors tonight and list my findings.

Tommy D
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2008, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
Hey Guys

Thought it would be a good idea to have a place to list all the builders mods on the Parkzone Corsair.

Mine is on the way to me as we speak. Local hobby shops struck out on PnP and I was not about to purchase a RTF.

Tommy D
Good news. I'm wanting to upgrade the motor on the Corsair .

Brad
Sep 06, 2008, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
Hey Guys

Tommy D
Tommy: What motors do you plan on testing??
Sep 06, 2008, 02:38 PM
Shut up and fly
ok please advise me i have this bird now pnp i am going to be a belly lander in soft grass i want to know how to reinforce the udder side of the wings should i just paint on some epoxy with the skid plates
Last edited by papabatman; Sep 06, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
Sep 06, 2008, 04:08 PM
Did you get it on video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodblazer
Should we start a new thread for mods?
I want to show this one, while yet untested, I'm sure it is already an improvement.
I fly off a grass field with polymat runway and like the gear-up look. The plastic gear skid plates look ungainly! plus I do not want to have to deal with those little screws and tape at the field.
So I made skid wires out of clothes hanger wire! The diameter is a little smaller than the stock wire and snaps into the clips easily.The idea is to protect the aileron linkages and hold the plane up some.I may need to change the skid some, but yesterday I flew without any gear or cheesy plastic covers and it bellied in fine on grass.It did, however collect grass in the empty wire clips
I hope to flight test these today.

Sep 06, 2008, 04:50 PM
Hooper, full throttle!

Power 15 Testing.

Today I received both a Power 10 and 15 from a fellow RC Groups member. I have never owned one of the E-Flite Power series in a size smaller then the 46. To say that the Power 46 has impressed me is an understatement.

I had to disassemble and reverse the Power 15 motor to use the cross mount. I’m glad I did as a staple was inside the motor, stuck to a magnet! Good thing I didn’t run it up with that in there.

All tests were “real world” testing. I did not use a power supply, rather I used packs I would be flying the model with.

Power 15, CC-45, Loong Max 2250 25C 3S LiPo

10x7 APC E 11.5V 308W 26.7A

10x10 APC E 11.3V 417W 36.7A

11x7 APC E 11.6V 408W 35.2A

Hey, not bad numbers, but I’m not biting! I purchased the Power 15 as it has a lower KV then the Power 10. So with that in mind I made 1 more test.

Power 15, CC-45, Xcite 2200 4S 25C LiPo

10x7 APC E 14.97V 611W 40.8A

Hmmmm can you guess what setup I favor?

Ill test the Power 10 next, but honestly I’m pretty sure I have found my setup.

Tommy D

Tommy D
Sep 06, 2008, 06:20 PM
Hooper, full throttle!

Power 10 Testing

Testing the Power 10. Same conditions as the Power 15.

Power 10 CC-45 Loong Max 2250 25C 3S Packs

11x7E 11.1V 47.8A 535W

10x10E 10.8V 48.6A 528W

10x7E 11.1V 37.5A 420W

9x9E 11.2V 41.1A 461W

Impressive little motor, but perhaps just as impressive are these Loong Max Packs. Now granted, if you firewall that throttle things are going to get hot fast, and flight times will be low.

Tommy D
Sep 07, 2008, 03:13 AM
Did you get it on video?
thinking about adding flaps?

see how it was done on a GWS Corsair by The Bandit...

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...+corsair+flaps
Sep 07, 2008, 03:53 AM
what?! now i see tis thread, i have just finished theflaps on my corsair, not as clean as that one, but not bad for a first timer, and my first rc plane.
Sep 07, 2008, 04:17 AM
Did you get it on video?
where are the pics?
Sep 07, 2008, 08:48 AM
WHen I find my camera today i will psot it.
Sep 07, 2008, 10:56 AM
Well here are pics of my finsihed flaps, added the wheels too.

Sep 10, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Well my Corsair showed up today. I have to admit, the level of completion just blows my mind. As a lover of standoff scale model this one will fit the bill.

Half of me would love to slap a RX in it, and a "real" prop and go fly it. The other half thinks it's best to just start taking it apart and making mods.

The wing is surprisingly stiff, due in part to how thick the wing is no doubt. Even with the amount of power I want to throw at this model it will never be a speedster.

Don't expect me to get much done on it anytime soon. With the NEAT fair this weekend Ill be having a blast in upstate NY.

If anyone is interested Ill be putting the "guts" up for sale.

Tommy D
Sep 11, 2008, 09:37 AM
Suspended Account
Tommy show me your spar install and then I will show you mine lol
Sep 11, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
David

I sent some time stripping off the paint this AM from the FUSE. What a pain in the @#$%. For a model that many say the paint lifts right off, I guess I got a good one.

Thinking 2 spars on the fuse, through the firewall down past the wing saddel.

Ill start on the wing after the fuse is done.

Tommy D