Sep 05, 2008, 09:07 PM
Weed's Are People Too!
Thread OP
Question

UHU vs. GOO & GOO II

Hi,

I have now used UHU on my foam model...but ran out...My HS does not carry UHU..but they carry GOO & GOO II ( no clue what the diff. is between goo and goo II)

Is goo as good..and really the same thing as UHU? Or is there some differance I should know about?

Pat
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2008, 09:25 PM
I would suspect there to be a difference in the "base" of the stuff.

test on a carefully selected spot (or a scrap of a broken model made of the same type foam) to see if the different stuff dissolves foam.

E-6000 (available at hobby lobby craft stores) is very similar to UHU... but it dissolves most foams.
Sep 05, 2008, 09:34 PM
Weed's Are People Too!
Thread OP
YIKES!!!! glad I have not used this yet then!!! But someone Here must have experiance with it???

If it is no good on foam planes...wonder what it is used for then?

Pat
Sep 05, 2008, 09:36 PM
SOMEONE will have tried it.

The question is whether someone who has tried it will see this thread...
Sep 05, 2008, 09:39 PM
Weed's Are People Too!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhuber506771
SOMEONE will have tried it.

The question is whether someone who has tried it will see this thread...
good point...don't know how better to post this...for a wider audiance??

Pat

BTW Thanks Fhhuber506771...Texas is my DNA state
Sep 05, 2008, 09:59 PM
old pilot
UHU is a good glue that seems to work very well on a lotta things. Any glue you use, always try it out on scraps first to see what it really does .

UHU, pronounced oohoo, is a glue invented in 1932 by August Fischer and then developed over last 30 yrs. It was named after the Eagle Owl, a bird that lived in the Black Forest of Germany at the time. Maybe bodes well for things that fly .

If I remember right Chuck suggested it to coat surfaces before putting on Blenderm tape for hinges so they stay. Or maybe somebody said something similar, can't remember for sure

Icky
Sep 05, 2008, 11:27 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarusmelt
UHU is a good glue that seems to work very well on a lotta things. Any glue you use, always try it out on scraps first to see what it really does .

UHU, pronounced oohoo, is a glue invented in 1932 by August Fischer and then developed over last 30 yrs. It was named after the Eagle Owl, a bird that lived in the Black Forest of Germany at the time. Maybe bodes well for things that fly .

If I remember right Chuck suggested it to coat surfaces before putting on Blenderm tape for hinges so they stay. Or maybe somebody said something similar, can't remember for sure

Icky
See my Foam Hinge Tutorial Sticky.
boomer
Sep 05, 2008, 11:40 PM
old pilot
Thanks, Boomer, I shoulda remembered it was you With us old guys names blend. Icky
Sep 05, 2008, 11:51 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarusmelt
Thanks, Boomer, I shoulda remembered it was you With us old guys names blend. Icky
So does most everything else.
boomer
Sep 06, 2008, 06:48 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Quote:
Originally Posted by weed
Hi,
I have now used UHU on my foam model...but ran out...My HS does not carry UHU..but they carry GOO & GOO II ( no clue what the diff. is between goo and goo II)
Pat
There are several types of UHU glue also. There is one specifically for foam. I used it to glue together an Easy Star. I get my UHU from Michaels craft store. I have also seen it at other craft chains like JoAnns.
Sep 06, 2008, 06:49 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
I was getting ready to fix a foam wing and my wife gave me a tube of stuff called "Hold the Foam." I think she got it at JoAnns also. It says it is instant grab, repositionable, water cleanup, dries in 45min with full strength in 24 hours. It kind of looks like a thin white tooth paste.
Last edited by Rickochet; Sep 06, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply