Sep 06, 2008, 02:15 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
My list just keeps getting bigger. A larger P-51 sounds very interesting.

Rob...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2008, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberwein
Low Wing sport flyers are planned. (1 might even be partially built )
If it's related to what I gave you at AEF last year then Yippee!

You know I was just kidding on the C-130 and Connie.

Joe
Sep 06, 2008, 04:25 PM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe
If it's related to what I gave you at AEF last year then Yippee!Joe
Yes. Though it needs some tweaks and to have the CAD for the wing finished.
Sep 06, 2008, 04:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablevcb
You are going to be a busy little boy!
Well, let's just say that I HAVE been a busy boy, but there's a lot of work left.
Sep 06, 2008, 07:42 PM
War Eagle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberwein
SwitchBack Jr is under consideration
What's to consider about that?
Sep 06, 2008, 07:51 PM
Brian-how about some mini planes that would go with 180 size motors. Maybe a 20-24" supercub or some other scale planes in that smaller size.

-Jon
Sep 06, 2008, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackles94
What's to consider about that?
Sending you a P.M. re: 75% SwitchBack.

Joe
Sep 06, 2008, 08:15 PM
War Eagle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoplanar
Brian-how about some mini planes that would go with 180 size motors. Maybe a 20-24" supercub or some other scale planes in that smaller size.

-Jon
Now that'd be cool, too... Almost like the Gillows ones, but without all the hassle.
Sep 07, 2008, 09:25 AM
GT type of wing for the SB Sr.

Dick
Sep 07, 2008, 12:02 PM
It's a BIG park
My requests, in order;

Floats for Tyro-150, L-4 & SwitchBack Sr.
Larger Warbird, (not so excited about P-51 but I’ll deal )
Larger Pattern Plane, (Flashback is great)
Twin anything (45” to 55” wingspan)
Up-size the EVA, (3D & Bipe)
Amphibian, (anything 45“ to 55“ wingspan)
Hotliner
A full fuselage Super Slow Flyer, (ie; Dandy w/more wing, double duty as AP & for night flying with lights)

(and somewhere along the line maybe Mike can get the Tyro-50 finished )

Ric
Last edited by PrkFlyrRic; Sep 07, 2008 at 12:25 PM.
Sep 07, 2008, 09:22 PM
Same Day Delivery
Brian, It would be soo nice to see a 60" Piper Super Cub, with your style of construction, it would be easy to turn it into one B.A. Bush Plane, while still keeping the wing load light so as not to loose the S.Cubs's floaty flight and at the same time, not having a plane too fragil to knock around a little. It would be even nicer to have it kitted for the winter build season, I'd like to add a scale working landing gear & slotted flaps to mine, that is if you kit the S. Cub for the winter months, Please, Please
Sep 08, 2008, 01:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3976
Brian, It would be soo nice to see a 60" Piper Super Cub, with your style of construction ... that is if you kit the S. Cub for the winter months, Please, Please
I think it should be ready for a Christmas present this year. I hope!
Sep 08, 2008, 02:08 AM
BEC
BEC
Lots of great ideas for new products. But the old ones are good, too:

My wish list:

I second the motion on bringing back the Urban Flyer.

Re-do the noses of the Dandy, SB and especially the SmoothE to take rear-mounted outrunners rather than gearboxes-on-a-stick. A $15 Suppo motor and a Castle T-Bird is a better/cheaper power system than the GWS EPS drives, anyway, now.

Floats suitable for the same three planes (and perhaps rear float mounts added as part of the fuselage updates).

Floats for the EZs.

An EZ with a low-mounted horizontal tail (ala SB) which would make an easy removable-stab/packable plane option.

In any event, have a good time at NEAT!
Latest blog entry: Back to full capacity
Sep 08, 2008, 05:48 AM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
BEC, thoughtful set of recommendations. While not an EZ, the new ACE has a bottom fuselage mounted horizontal stabilizer. The vertical stabilizer tabs and slots into it, as well. With a very small amount of engineering and modeling, you could easily make both the vertical and horizontal stabs removable. Something I didn't give much thought to when I was building mine, but in hindsight, it would be moderately easy to do. To get the kind of flight characteristics of the EZ's, I don't see why Brian couldn't do a balsa or foam flat bottom wing for it.

Mark
Sep 08, 2008, 06:20 AM
It's a BIG park
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
Re-do the noses of the Dandy, SB and especially the SmoothE to take rear-mounted outrunners rather than gearboxes-on-a-stick. A $15 Suppo motor and a Castle T-Bird is a better/cheaper power system than the GWS EPS drives, anyway, now.
Would it be easier and faster to just design a motor mount box like the EVA's or SBSr.'s that fit most of these ?
And I'll add the Tyro (100) to the list.

Ric

Quick Reply