This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2010, 09:43 AM
MN WATTS Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
I think SEFF 2011 will be full of Hitec Fanboys Looks like several of the GA crowd made the switch. I do love this TX, but I would love to test the 10ch Airtronics. It is getting a lot of positive response also. If it had Telemetry, it might be the best option out there at the moment, but that is purely speculation from what little I have read.

Diggs
A couple of the guys around here love the Airtronics 10 channel and are glad others have not snatched them up. They feel more elite and special that way.

I'd love to play more with an Aurora 9 and if the winter goes well I might pick one up but Matt says it better not eat into the SEFF fund for me

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2010, 10:20 AM

potentional guest?

i am not sure if this guy was already mentioned bevore but i think he would be a fun guy to get on the show
http://www.youtube.com/user/alishanm.../0/mqd0geqdBfc
Jun 27, 2010, 10:39 AM
on a less light note ; i just read there has been a heli crash in holland/ the netherlands
A EC130 , 3 people died.
The heli was folowing a sports event.
People reported that the heli started to spin counter clockwise bevore coming down.
Jun 27, 2010, 10:40 AM
pic of remaims here
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/7...and,buitenland

btw the heading translated into "aircraft made wierd turn"
Jun 27, 2010, 10:54 AM
btw no one mentioned 7500 posts and 500 pages !!!!
Jun 27, 2010, 11:05 AM
MN WATTS Master
151 pages here. I changed my settings to 50 posts per page or something like that. It helps on the longer threads to display more the 20 posts.
Jun 27, 2010, 11:22 AM
KJ4WFE - FPV gonnabe...

Really? HK Lipo battery fire in fedex station?

Diggs
i've started listening to the podcasts. Its great stuff. I was at SEFF 2010 but didn't introduce myself - but i will in 2011.

I was listening to a recent podcast about how you guys were relating a story about a mislabeled shipment of lipo batteries from hobbyking catching fire in a fedex sorting station in CA. It sounded scary - but then I got to thinking - I've ordered from HK a ridiculous number of times in the past 14 months (i think 15 orders) and fedex aint never showed up at my doorstep with a hobbyking package.

Are we sure hobbyking was somehow at fault?

Sorry for the dumb question on an old podcast...
-jj
Jun 27, 2010, 11:25 AM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyj
Diggs
i've started listening to the podcasts. Its great stuff. I was at SEFF 2010 but didn't introduce myself - but i will in 2011.

I was listening to a recent podcast about how you guys were relating a story about a mislabeled shipment of lipo batteries from hobbyking catching fire in a fedex sorting station in CA. It sounded scary - but then I got to thinking - I've ordered from HK a ridiculous number of times in the past 14 months (i think 15 orders) and fedex aint never showed up at my doorstep with a hobbyking package.

Are we sure hobbyking was somehow at fault?

Sorry for the dumb question on an old podcast...
-jj
Lucien said he "Heard" about this somewhere and didn't have all the details. At this point we have not been able to confirm the details. I think he is back in town tonight and hopefully will join us on the show. We will see if we can get more firm details.

Diggs
Jun 27, 2010, 12:02 PM
man....I better not ever touch another radio. I've been super happy with my DX6i, but now I'm afraid if I touch a better one, I'll hate it the ole' 6

hahaha
Jun 27, 2010, 10:32 PM
Well, now that you know ...
I thought I read an updated news story that it was not, in fact, lipos but nimh or nicads that went up. Try googling.
Jun 28, 2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
I think mine is about 2in from the LE of the lower wing. Hit up Mike and tell him to put that on the site. It should be there.
Jamie,

I put the CG up on the website in the products page under each product. Thanks for the heads up on the oversight.

http://slowbipe.com/products.asp

SlowBipe
Jun 28, 2010, 10:17 AM

New SlowBipe TwinBipe Build Thread

I started a build thread for a new plane. I'm calling it the TwinBipe for now for lack of a better name. It is very large and is designed for FPV/Aerial Video.

Check it out at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=slowbipe.

SlowBipe
Jun 28, 2010, 12:11 PM
simple fun
Hobbyzone Champ crazy flying (5 min 6 sec)
Jun 28, 2010, 12:19 PM
Grampa Tony

Things I Learned This Weekend

Things I learned this weekend:

The SlowBipe is a cute little airplane, and is relaxing to fly (when flown correctly)
If you fly a SlowBipe incorrectly, you can go beyone Vne
Vne on a SlowBipe is pretty low
The ne part of Vne is important
If you e Vne with a SlowBipe, bad things happen
A SlowBipe that loses its wings at 50' becomes a lawn dart
A lawn dart that has control of elevator and rudder does funny things
A SlowBipe that does a nose plant from 50' can be repaired in about 45 minutes

I don't want to learn anything next weekend...
Jun 28, 2010, 12:26 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
I push the struts on the slowbipe in a bit so they don't come off. Not flush.
Did you upgrade the motor annarelli? My stock motor with 3s and can push it as hard as it allows without issues.

attf #146 is up!

Quick Reply