This thread is privately moderated by ATTF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 28, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hello,

As my 18th birthday is coming (24th October) I'm more and more thinking of an RC flight simulator as a possible present

I've just read your review of Aerofly Professional Deluxe from Ikarus.

Quote:
Cons

* Free planes and sceneries are limited due to small audience
Do you know R/C-Sim website (http://www.rc-sim.de/index_en.htm)? They have for AFPD (today's data):
497 planes
54 helis
134 sceneries
Which is the reason why I'm thinking about getting AFPD more then other simulators. Reflex XTR on this website has about 382 planes and 137 helis which is not bad too.

2. Is AFPD good for heli flight physics simulation? By the time today I have always been thinking about Reflex XTR as of the best heli simulator, but I could be wrong.

3. What is your other favourite simulator, Diggs?

Regards,
Szymon B
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2008, 06:03 PM
Ook!
Hi guys

I really enjoyed the IH show, as I went to my first fun-fly yesterday, so I was in a similar frame of mind to JPC.

Unfortunately I was working (weekend work - the bane of network admins) so I could only spend a couple of hours watching, but man, seeing Trex 700s up close was awesome. At times I was looking around and planning my escape route in case of a malfunction - those things are intimidating - but wow, I gotta get a bigger heli now

Funny thing is, when I finished work and went for an evening fly, I was flying my 450 better than ever and progressed a lot in the space of ten packs, back to back. It was inspiring seeing those huge birds being flown by good pilots, does anyone else have this happen?
Sep 28, 2008, 07:30 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szymon Bartus
Hello,

As my 18th birthday is coming (24th October) I'm more and more thinking of an RC flight simulator as a possible present

I've just read your review of Aerofly Professional Deluxe from Ikarus.

Do you know R/C-Sim website (http://www.rc-sim.de/index_en.htm)? They have for AFPD (today's data):
497 planes
54 helis
134 sceneries
Which is the reason why I'm thinking about getting AFPD more then other simulators. Reflex XTR on this website has about 382 planes and 137 helis which is not bad too.

2. Is AFPD good for heli flight physics simulation? By the time today I have always been thinking about Reflex XTR as of the best heli simulator, but I could be wrong.

3. What is your other favourite simulator, Diggs?

Regards,
Szymon B
Szymon,

Thanks for the link to that site! I didn't find that one in my search for AFPD models, and I am shocked at how many they have. I have yet to try the helis, but will try to give them a go tonight. Although I am not a heli guy, but I should be able to tell you if they are very realistic or not.

As for my other favorite sim, it is Reflex XTR, but with this new site, it might get pushed to second place. They are both great sims, and the helis are very well done in Reflex from what I have read. I try a few heli models a long time ago in Reflex and they seemed to be very realistic.

Happy upcomming Bday!!

Diggs
Sep 28, 2008, 09:08 PM
kids ate my heli budget
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaffen
Hi guys

I really enjoyed the IH show, as I went to my first fun-fly yesterday, so I was in a similar frame of mind to JPC.

Unfortunately I was working (weekend work - the bane of network admins) so I could only spend a couple of hours watching, but man, seeing Trex 700s up close was awesome. At times I was looking around and planning my escape route in case of a malfunction - those things are intimidating - but wow, I gotta get a bigger heli now

Funny thing is, when I finished work and went for an evening fly, I was flying my 450 better than ever and progressed a lot in the space of ten packs, back to back. It was inspiring seeing those huge birds being flown by good pilots, does anyone else have this happen?
Hey Skaffen

Was cool to meet you on Sunday. You're right. There's something about seeing everyone else having a good time and flying better than you that makes you want to push beyond your barriers and try a few new things.

Also, with helis everything you learn builds upon something you learned before - all those basic skills, hovering all orientations, etc - are hard won - you have to teach yourself from scratch, but when you start learning more manoeuvres you're building on what you already know. The more you master the basics the more capable you are to handle the advanced. I find that every time I fly I'm doing something new or pushing some limit that I couldn't push before. One of the best things about flying helis is that there is always more you can learn.

Thanks for organising such great weather on Sunday, BTW, Hamilton really turned it on.
Sep 29, 2008, 12:23 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
HD video of PhlatPrinter is up
Sep 29, 2008, 01:25 PM
Crashologist
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke

Man that just makes me want one even more...
Sep 29, 2008, 10:41 PM
13 year old MANIAC!!
Syzmon hope you have a great 18th and enjoy what ever sim you get. I've been getting planes from rcsim.de for a while now for Reflex Xtr and didn't realise it catered for AFPD, probably because it was under Ipacs .
Sep 30, 2008, 08:06 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
#65 is up!
Sep 30, 2008, 09:13 PM
Ah yeah... I might be the owner of a Monsterous sailplane! Going to look at one of these tomorrow night!
http://www.fvk.de/Englisch/Graphite%20GFK-CFK.html

She is an oldy, and I know nothing about her so I would like any input anyone might have on this model. It is basically a PNP since it is used. Has this Hacker and GB in it http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=2034
Also an old ESC made by Schulze future 88Fo speed control 88 130amps. Also has 6 servos installed. 3.1 meters of molded wings!

Thanks for any input!

Diggs
Sep 30, 2008, 10:10 PM
Doooooo Eeeeeeeet.

-Chris
Sep 30, 2008, 10:12 PM
kids ate my heli budget
Diggs, looks awesome! Buy it!
Sep 30, 2008, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
Doooooo Eeeeeeeet.

-Chris

Thanks man! After your input and what little I can find on this model, I am fairly certain I will Doo Eeet Going to hurt the hobby budget for a while!! But that is ok, with this and the other models I am building, I should be set for a while.

Diggs
Sep 30, 2008, 10:56 PM
Born again newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Thanks man! After your input and what little I can find on this model, I am fairly certain I will Doo Eeet Going to hurt the hobby budget for a while!! But that is ok, with this and the other models I am building, I should be set for a while.

Diggs
Ya right. Tell us another one.
Oct 01, 2008, 10:27 AM
Matt Mabry
Cool, I am famous
Another great show.

Matt in his cubicle in Champaign.

BTW you slow stick guys need to check out this slow stick. It is a very cool design and he did a great job of building it.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932003
Oct 01, 2008, 06:32 PM
Got more toys than my kid
Ugh...I'm getting behind on my podcasts. ATTF, InsideHeli, Twit, Macbreak, Buzz Out Loud...they've been piling up lately since I've had to work overtime, deal with two kids, and am now taking night-classes to complete my Masters. Ugh....COFFEEEEEE!!!

Anyhow, I finally finished the latest InsideHeli!

Ummm....comments? Nah...this was just a good podcast on drool-worthy gear and shout-outs to the especially-skilled pilots!

The V-bar stuff still intrigues me. I remember when setting up a tail gyro and ESC governor required a lot of insider know-how, now it's practically plug-n-play. I have to imagine that the V-Bar electronics will get that way eventually.

You guys mentioned that bundling all 3 gyros into the same box will improve things. I agree if they actually do it. One feature is that applying collective could send a "pre-emptive kick" to the tail-servo. This will prevent any tail-slip on a punch-out without having to fine-tune the gain so much.

Anyhow, keep it up, guys!

- Jim