Thread Tools
Old Sep 09, 2008, 03:57 PM
mis4tun81 is offline
Find More Posts by mis4tun81
Registered User
Thanks Jawa for the build log, etc.

Winter is coming, and I have a bunch of spare plantraco gear.

I'm thinking I may try to get one in the 5-10 gram range.

Maybe built up carbon fuse, and balsa wings.

Hmmmm
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:03 PM
JawaSnack is offline
Find More Posts by JawaSnack
Who put that TREE there!!
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I ordered a couple of the Turnigy Plush 6amp controllers and I also have a battery on the way. Anyone else besides Knifemaker gonna try their hand at one these little planes...?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:25 AM
gordinir8 is offline
Find More Posts by gordinir8
Registered User
gordinir8's Avatar
Sure but after you. For the time i have finish steavens aero mud bug (waiting for electronics) and now im on the way building Clancy lady bug. I have already print micro bee plans but im waiting for you to finish it first and see how it will goes. The idea is to use same electronics and maybe same gear on all these small airplanes. What motor and battery are you going to use on this little bird ?

Thomas
Old Sep 13, 2008, 03:43 PM
356Jim is offline
Find More Posts by 356Jim
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaSnack
Anyone else besides Knifemaker gonna try their hand at one these little planes...?
I definitely am. Not sure how I will power it yet - maybe one of my 10 gm motors, a lightened TB6 or 9 and a lightened GWS 4 Ch Rx and 2.5 gm servos.

I am also looking at alternative ways of making the wing out of sliced Depron.

Meanwhile, I need to whittle down my list of repairs for my existing micro indoor planes.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 04:06 PM
JawaSnack is offline
Find More Posts by JawaSnack
Who put that TREE there!!
I'm using this HobbyCity 5gram outrunner :http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...trunner_2000kv

and I have this battery on the way but it may be too long: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRVN9&P=SM

I'll be using a Berg 4L receiver with a LiteFlight micro antenna soldered on.
Those servos are the 3.7gram ones from HobbyCity also: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ec_Micro_Servo

Here's the ESC: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...eed_Controller
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:58 PM
zzonie77 is offline
Find More Posts by zzonie77
T A C

Me too


JawaSnack

I just happen to have a spare HC 5gr motor and all the other stuff on the shelf ...... all I need now are plans for the little guy. PM sent with my email. Thanks !

I'm thinking about starting a revival thread on the Yard Bee. I've been flying mine daily and there will soon bee ;-) several more in the air. It's wild & crazy on 140 W.

Also, I fly a 5gr motor on a 3 cell HC 100 mah lipo. HOT!

-Rus
Last edited by zzonie77; Sep 13, 2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:56 PM
FL Knifemaker is offline
Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzonie77
JawaSnack

I just happen to have a spare HC 5gr motor and all the other stuff on the shelf ...... all I need now are plans for the little guy. PM sent with my email. Thanks !

I'm thinking about starting a revival thread on the Yard Bee. I've been flying mine daily and there will soon bee ;-) several more in the air. It's wild & crazy on 140 W.

Also, I fly a 5gr motor on a 3 cell HC 100 mah lipo. HOT!

-Rus
I just received plans for the Yard Bee, cool plane!! My next one will be a full size Lazy Bee, after that, I'd LOVE to build an E powered Speedy Bee.

Here's my 200% Micro, a little farther along. I need to look at motors at my LHS on monday. This is my "getting back into building practice plane" I still cannot imagine Jawa buidling his half this size!!
Old Sep 14, 2008, 02:55 AM
gordinir8 is offline
Find More Posts by gordinir8
Registered User
gordinir8's Avatar
Nice build Knifemaker but remember Clancy models MUST wear Trexler wheels, itís something like a trademark and they look cool. Now may i ask something since im new to rc ? Those little servos and i quess RX too works at about 6V, what will happen if you use it with lets say 7.2 batt? Does the ESC have a limiter or something on the output? Also the difference between a 2 cell Lipo with a 3 cell lipo have to do with the voltage?
Last edited by gordinir8; Sep 14, 2008 at 03:05 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 09:38 AM
FL Knifemaker is offline
Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordinir8
Nice build Knifemaker but remember Clancy models MUST wear Trexler wheels, itís something like a trademark and they look cool. Now may i ask something since im new to rc ? Those little servos and i quess RX too works at about 6V, what will happen if you use it with lets say 7.2 batt? Does the ESC have a limiter or something on the output? Also the difference between a 2 cell Lipo with a 3 cell lipo have to do with the voltage?
I'm using slightly larger servos than Jawa, I have a LOT more space. I'm hoping to make use of a bunch of 2 cell 7.4V 800mAh batteries I have.

I have Trexler wheels but they are HEAVY I used a carbon fiber tube for the axle and these foam wheels are SUPER light. The build is already on the heavy side. If I can lift the Trexler wheels after a few initial flights, I'll use them
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:39 AM
David Hogue is offline
Find More Posts by David Hogue
Blew out my flip flop
David Hogue's Avatar
Knife,

Nice lookin plane...your runway looks a little bumpy though
Old Sep 14, 2008, 11:32 AM
JawaSnack is offline
Find More Posts by JawaSnack
Who put that TREE there!!
Fantastic Knife! I can't wait for a flight report....
Old Sep 14, 2008, 01:25 PM
zzonie77 is offline
Find More Posts by zzonie77
T A C
Knife,

Great looking airplane ! I like the transparent blue. We have a couple of planes at our field in that color and it's quite visible in the air.
It's inspiring to see all the creativity on this thread.

-Rus
Old Sep 14, 2008, 02:15 PM
FL Knifemaker is offline
Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzonie77
Knife,

Great looking airplane ! I like the transparent blue. We have a couple of planes at our field in that color and it's quite visible in the air.
It's inspiring to see all the creativity on this thread.

-Rus
Thanks! I already made a mental note: DO NOT USE YELLOW GLUE UNDER TRANSPARENT COVERING
Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
zzonie77 is offline
Find More Posts by zzonie77
T A C

Micro Bee Plans


How can I get a set of plans ?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:10 PM
gordinir8 is offline
Find More Posts by gordinir8
Registered User
gordinir8's Avatar
Check here, you just have to adjust the size and have in mind that wingspan is about 11 inch.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ane+that+could

Thomas


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found looking to buy clancy micro bee or lady bug thechannelmast Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 09, 2008 12:47 AM
Discussion clancy micro bee gabe200 1/2A Planes 3 Nov 21, 2007 06:30 PM
Sold Clancy Micro Bee ebreeden Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Jul 05, 2007 09:28 PM
Clancy Yard Bee Blues BobScott Sport Planes 8 Jun 22, 2001 04:11 PM
Clancy Speedy Bee electric setup. Edwin Sport Planes 2 May 15, 2001 01:06 AM