Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
This thread is privately moderated by wmcneal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by wmcneal
AMA 125691
Discussion

1980-2008

This weekend I flew a 28 year old plane. It is an original Goldberg Gentle Lady that I built in 1980. It was originally hand launched, winched, hi-started, or .049 power podded. It had been re covered in about 1987, but here it is today converted to electric with my customary tower pro 2408-21 brushless motor. It was just a lot of fun to see my old friend fly once again.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2008, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by willhaney
Suspended Account
Very cool.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 05:22 PM
Find More Posts by pda4you
Great airplane - I wish I still had mine!
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by mastrsn
Procrashtinating Builder
Just goes to show how when you get bit by the R/C bug, it follows you throughout your life.......
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by Easyrydr
N.F. Dawn Patrol
Bill, I see you were in Manassas Va in one of the pics, Did you live in Va?
Old Sep 01, 2008, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by wmcneal
AMA 125691
No. I grew up in Maryland. When I first got into rc I would go just about anywhere to find others flying rc. I read about this glider contest in the news paper so I took my glider down just intending to watch. I talked with a few pilots and told them I was just beginning and that I had my glider in the car. They asked me if I wanted to try the winch so I got to fly it off their HUGE winch between contest rounds. I did ok for a while, but then it started getting too far downwind and one of the other pilots had to fly it back for me. Still, I was forever hooked on rc and now several dozens of planes and this many years later I still think its awesome.