Sep 05, 2016, 02:50 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
kinda sad really... I expected/hoped for something enticing,
Oh well, on to other planes!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2016, 10:35 AM
A customer base is usually more than one or two people. Maybe they have found a bigger bipe to be less desireable in flight than they are willing to accept. Possibly a weight to strenghth issue. Give them credit for not putting a product into production that wouldn't meet their standards just to satisfy a few demanding customers. I would love to see a larger version as well, but only if it is as good as the original. Bigger is not always better.
Sep 05, 2016, 06:26 PM
PA Enthusiast
Well said. I don't think that most people realize how much time and money PA puts into the development of a new airframe so that the customer gets a great product.
Sep 05, 2016, 06:37 PM
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob4
A customer base is usually more than one or two people. Maybe they have found a bigger bipe to be less desireable in flight than they are willing to accept. Possibly a weight to strenghth issue. Give them credit for not putting a product into production that wouldn't meet their standards just to satisfy a few demanding customers. I would love to see a larger version as well, but only if it is as good as the original. Bigger is not always better.
I doubt just one or two people are interested in a bigger AMR. They made the Addiction in three nice sizes and a few others. I do understand what goes into making these models and I've never knocked them. Every 3D plane, I've flown, the bigger version is better. Are you saying, if they came out with something like a 59" ARM XL, it wouldn't interest you?
Sep 05, 2016, 08:02 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
I would sign up but for now I bought the XR-61. My AMR has some damage that I am not going to fix, at this time at least.
Last edited by yufasa; Sep 05, 2016 at 09:33 PM.
Sep 05, 2016, 09:29 PM
I did say I would love to see something like that. I have a collection of Pitts 12s and Ultimates. 3 are 60" and great to fly but have their own drawbacks. I am hoping if a bigger AMR comes out it wil be nothing less than perfect.
Sep 06, 2016, 05:50 AM
Thumbs are overrated.
I cracked my elevator of my V1 AMR, the leading edge stringer just were it meets the fuse (on the LH side). It failed during flight, i getting mayor trim issues and it turned all leafy when doing high energy stuff. I'm scratching my head on how to repair this, i see my self drilling a hole trough the fuse/elevator to guide some CF trough. Any other idea's?

p.s.: i run 70 degree ele deflection and fly like an idiot, pretty sure i am to blaim for this failure.
Sep 06, 2016, 10:29 AM
A bigger Ultimate AMR is coming out, its no secret, only reason its not out yet, is because its not ready, from the the little i'm allowed to say, there has been a ton of progress on it, but i can't reveal anymore about it. I know that it will be worth the wait!!!
Sep 06, 2016, 11:17 AM
John
Thanks for the info
Sep 06, 2016, 11:26 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Yawn... you guys have been saying the same exact story of development for many years. But nothing more than words. I have lost all faith that you will ever deliver a larger AMR and nothing else in the catalog is of any interest to me.

You guys have been talking of this for 3-4 years with nothing to show.
Last edited by Vapor Trails; Sep 06, 2016 at 02:05 PM.
Sep 06, 2016, 01:25 PM
Dany
Took advantage of the 15% sale this weekend and bought an ultimate AMR V2... I'd been eyeing this plane since the spring. For once I'm glad I procrastinated and ended up with V2.

Somebody had made an Ultimate AMR variant on Realflight, time for a little sim practice.

I do have a question... are there any differences, other than the color scheme, between V1 and V2?
Last edited by dpelletier; Sep 06, 2016 at 02:17 PM.
Sep 12, 2016, 08:31 AM
The frustration is understood. I want one also. PA has a lot of plans for a lot of planes and there are several in the works right now, the big AMR among them. They design each plane to an exacting standard and then test and test... they don't just call up a factory in China and say...give me the same plane you sold those other 2 companies but in a different scheme and with my name on it. That would, admittedly, be faster, and also lucrative-that model seems to works for most.
But, PA has a business model and a plan, whether we agree with it or not is moot....and again- I share the frustration you feel- our commenting on it wont make it go any faster.
Sep 12, 2016, 03:05 PM
Interesting to hear from another intelligent human being. Thanks for that point of view.
Sep 12, 2016, 06:21 PM
And...for the record PA ABSOLUTELY takes its customers feedback to heart. I've seen several things change since I've been a part of the team. But again, its their company, not 'ours" collectively. By all means keep the feedback coming, both critical and constructive. The main goal is to make planes you 'have to have'
Sep 13, 2016, 08:07 PM

Just dropped in

to see what condition my condition was in. Still flying my AMR a bit as it is always fun. I too await... All be well & have fun, donnie

Quick Reply