Nov 25, 2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Hmmmmm.....
Are you saying a bigger, better AMR is coming
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2012, 09:56 PM
The Earth got in the way!
I was told there would be something larger by Christmas when I called about my Thrust motor way back in June. I would not have guessed it'd be a larger AMR though!
Nov 25, 2012, 10:03 PM
I'm torquing to you!
I reckon that would have been the Katana MX.

BTW don't let the guy on that thread get to you it's only RC planes. And if you do do a video of the KMX let us know
Nov 25, 2012, 10:29 PM
The Earth got in the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
I reckon that would have been the Katana MX.

BTW don't let the guy on that thread get to you it's only RC planes. And if you do do a video of the KMX let us know
I figured I better bail before I said the completely wrong thing

Actually I had asked on the phone about how the KMX flies after we figured out my Thrust motor heating up problem and then I was told that something even bigger was coming and we would love it. So wasn't the KMX.
Nov 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I figured I better bail before I said the completely wrong thing

Actually I had asked on the phone about how the KMX flies after we figured out my Thrust motor heating up problem and then I was told that something even bigger was coming and we would love it. So wasn't the KMX.
Nov 25, 2012, 11:31 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Nov 26, 2012, 12:04 AM
how'd I do that....oh

I'm pretty sure PA will surprise us again with a top model.I would love a 71" gasser from PA though
Nov 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
They Call him Dead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post

I'm pretty sure PA will surprise us again with a top model.I would love a 71" gasser from PA though
Now let's not get crazy
Nov 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Bring on the GASSERS! I got cc ready for a gs AMR.

very exciting
Nov 27, 2012, 01:13 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Now let's not get crazy
Now how cool will a 71" katana gasser be I'd say we'll love that
whatever PA's next plane will be will definitely be wicked that we can all be sure of.lets hope it's a nice gasser
Nov 27, 2012, 01:23 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
lol, wouldn't that be a bit like Apple's next iPhone having buttons?

Electric is the way of the future
Nov 27, 2012, 01:28 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
not all all; I look at it more like an opportunity for them to tap into a whole new market of flyers (and consequently tap into a previously unseen revenue stream from gas pilots)
Nov 27, 2012, 01:31 AM
how'd I do that....oh
electric is,but i agree with bs on that.I'm pretty sure that most PA fliers would love a gasser from them
I certainly would
Nov 27, 2012, 11:10 AM

:)

OK done with the tail. Thanks for your suggestions, guys. In the end I went with my original idea, replace the bit of balsa that got torn out, and from behind I stuck on an appropriately sized piece of 2mm birch ply.

I thought about choosing a different hole but the thought of waiting for control horns put me off.

Hopefully you can't really tell there was damage.

The new servos cut the slop in half. Used to be pretty wiggly, now it just moves about 1mm on the LE of the elevator counterweight, maybe 2mm on the TE of the elevator. Centering seems OK but that's not under load.

The replacement servos (TGY-S306Gs) are also really fast... not sure what difference that will make. Nice thing is they come with a servo arm that is 19mm long from spline to hole, so you can get full throws and then some.

The TGY-210DMHs I previously had and chose after testing had very good torque and if only they had less slop I would have been extremely happy with them. I guess this is lesson learnt to not use sloppy servos? We will have to see this weekend, hopefully I can get the aileron servos done up in time for a fly.
Nov 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Repairs look really great, you did a fine job!

...now get those ailerons set up and hit the field

Quick Reply