to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2012, 10:06 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Almost forgot!
Apr 06, 2012, 12:12 AM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
All finished with the build. Just have to balance her out and mark the spot.
I cut away a fair amount of balsa that was restricting elevator movement. I'm getting a TON now! :-)
Very nice and VERY quick! Regarding the CG.. The manual makes a big play on precise CG loaction, it's the only manual I've seen that talks of 0.5mm CG adjustments. However most including myself find that the CG advised in the manual as the 'Sweet Spot' (59.5mm) is too tail heavy. Balanced there the AMR climbs when inverted and pulls really hard to the gear in KE. A more neutral CG and much better place for setting the CG for the maiden is about 56-57mm.
Apr 06, 2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Very nice and VERY quick! Regarding the CG.. The manual makes a big play on precise CG loaction, it's the only manual I've seen that talks of 0.5mm CG adjustments. However most including myself find that the CG advised in the manual as the 'Sweet Spot' (59.5mm) is too tail heavy. Balanced there the AMR climbs when inverted and pulls really hard to the gear in KE. A more neutral CG and much better place for setting the CG for the maiden is about 56-57mm.
well, i balanced on my fingers around 58mm, the noise was pointing slightly down and its diving veery slightly inverted... rather than tweak batteries 5mm front, i'd rather leave them just by back former of the battery tray..
Apr 06, 2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts
well, i balanced on my fingers around 58mm, the noise was pointing slightly down and its diving veery slightly inverted... rather than tweak batteries 5mm front, i'd rather leave them just by back former of the battery tray..
If the nose was down then you were not balanced at 58mm.. Because the wing is high above the fus if there is any hint of 'out of level' when you balance then the actual CG will be miles away from where you actually support the plane. If you supported it at 58mm and the nose was down by about 3 deg then your real CG will be around 53mm!

Really though it doesnt matter, as long as the CG is close enough for the maiden just adjust the CG to what flies right. Where that CG physically is located is largely academic as long as it works.
Apr 06, 2012, 08:57 AM
Proudly South African

To much to handle

Hi guys

was hoping some of you Ultimate experts could shed some light on my question.
Ive been flying the Hobbyking pitts / art tech pitts or whatever its really called , sttip.

I would like to purchase the AMR ultimate and wondered if it would be a handfull compared to what i am flying at the moment?

i am very comfortable flying my pitts , but love the PA planes and the ultimate looks awesome

cheers guys
Apr 06, 2012, 09:03 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffa365
Hi guys

was hoping some of you Ultimate experts could shed some light on my question.
Ive been flying the Hobbyking pitts / art tech pitts or whatever its really called , sttip.

I would like to purchase the AMR ultimate and wondered if it would be a handfull compared to what i am flying at the moment?

i am very comfortable flying my pitts , but love the PA planes and the ultimate looks awesome

cheers guys
On low rates the AMR can be as gentle as ever. It lands very slow and light also, so I don't think you will have any problems with it.
How the plane behaves on high rates though is largely up to pilot input.
I love the AMR, not only is it a fantastic flying model, its also the best looking bipe out there IMHO.
Apr 06, 2012, 09:24 AM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Thanks very much for this info Steve!
Apr 06, 2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffa365
On low rates it's a total pussycat, anyone who has mastered an aileron trainer would have no problem at all. It really is one of the easiest flying planes I've ever owned, it has no nasty habits and can be slowed to a walking pace on landing.

You will be fine with it.

Steve
Apr 06, 2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
On low rates it's a total pussycat, anyone who has mastered an aileron trainer would have no problem at all. It really is one of the easiest flying planes I've ever owned, it has no nasty habits and can be slowed to a walking pace on landing.

Steve
déja vu anyone?
Apr 06, 2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:

Steve
for me the only problem was torquing... (or gyroscopic forces or whatever is called...) but on the other hand, i had only 3 flights with it, so maybe it was my fingers...
Apr 06, 2012, 12:55 PM
Proudly South African
thanks for the replies guys , im gonna go for it , green or blue is the only desicion to make now

once again cheers for the input
Apr 06, 2012, 03:50 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
So what prop are all you AMR owners using, APC or Xoar/Vox?
Apr 06, 2012, 04:06 PM
me so far vox 13x6.5.. i have vox t40 wich i might try during my next outings, but at least on 13x6.5 i can fly WOT for all the battery without vorries...
Apr 06, 2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
So what prop are all you AMR owners using, APC or Xoar/Vox?
Vox 14x7 for me

Quick Reply