Jul 15, 2009, 01:38 AM
Anyone interested in the Clancy Lazy Bee build manual?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=153510

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2009, 12:35 AM
Sun got in my eyes ...
Thread OP
Hmmm check this out.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1082771

This guy did an amazing job on the lady bug. I love the electric option. Im thinkin about this rather than an .049
Jul 21, 2009, 09:23 AM
Semi-world famous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaturday
Hmmm check this out.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1082771

This guy did an amazing job on the lady bug. I love the electric option. Im thinkin about this rather than an .049
Baby Bee flys better imho! I love the baby bee it uses the same wing design as the upper stagger bee wing, I believe, if not they look very simular.

An Epowa is the only way to go on the small stuff. .049 are just not reliable!
Jul 22, 2009, 07:02 AM
@vax6335:
Something new about the Turbo Bee?
One of my "have to build" planes!
Or anybody else?!?!

Toby
Jul 30, 2009, 12:13 AM

getting the pdfs photocopied

Hi there i got downloaded all of the pdfs and i want to know is when getting them photo copied at what scale does the yard bee the stagger bee and the lazy bee need to be in order to be the proper scale. Sorry for this but im new to printing pdfs.

Thanks
William
Jul 31, 2009, 04:55 PM
Last edited by ace111; Jul 31, 2009 at 05:17 PM.
Jul 31, 2009, 05:04 PM
Last edited by ace111; Aug 03, 2009 at 03:08 PM.
Aug 09, 2009, 09:02 PM
Must work to support RC habit!
Does anyone have the true aileron plans for the Lazy Bee. I have plans that show the "suggested location" and that is all. I have been looking for the detailed plans that show the bell crank location and all the other details needed. I have a 48" Lazy Bee and a 72" Big Bee that I want to build this winter, but really need this information. I have both as short kits and I am in the process of order the the sheeting and straight stock. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Shawn
Last edited by Warbird 01; Aug 09, 2009 at 09:08 PM.
Sep 06, 2009, 05:09 PM
I meant to do that
Has anyone put together a material list for the lazy bee. I would like to compare the price of building one from scratch to that of getting one from lazerworks. I haven't printed the plans yet so I dont know what all goes into it.
Sep 07, 2009, 01:12 PM

Lazy Bee

I saw this fly for the first time a couple of months ago then again yesterday. The gentlemen flying it let me have ago. It was delightful.

Needless to say I spent the rest of the evening trying to find plans for this. He called it a Slo Bee so It was a while for me to find this post.

Thanks to the generous person who posted the plans.

Does anyone know if there are kits available for this?
Sep 07, 2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgurler
I saw this fly for the first time a couple of months ago then again yesterday. The gentlemen flying it let me have ago. It was delightful.

Needless to say I spent the rest of the evening trying to find plans for this. He called it a Slo Bee so It was a while for me to find this post.

Thanks to the generous person who posted the plans.

Does anyone know if there are kits available for this?

No there are no kits for the lazybee anymore but you can get a parts kit from
http://lazer-works.com/list.html for the 48" wingspan Bee. That's where I got mine from. In fact they used my plans to make their parts package. They do a real nice job.
Sep 07, 2009, 05:47 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef

Free plans!

Well I finally found my file of the Lazy Bee plans I drew up. This LB is 46 inch span, it is NOT an extended wing version but is a scaled up 40 inch LB. I drew the plans based on magazine photos of the original, there are minor variations in construction, eg the front wing dowel is transverse.

I scaled it up to use standard servos, little ones were very expensive back then. It's been powered by an OS .15, OS.25FP, and geared speed 600 on 7 or 8 cells.

It's a dxf file, so rescaling to any size will be easy. I can convert to a pdf if anyone wants but I don't know about tiling.

Enjoy!

Nick
Sep 12, 2009, 04:39 PM
I have the Stagger Bee Manual but I don't know how to attach the PDF file. I also have the micro Bee PDF also. Let me know how to copy it to the thread and I will!

Nevermind! Enjoy
Last edited by marc9129; Sep 12, 2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added Attachments
Sep 14, 2009, 12:52 AM
Skycruiser:
Would you please post your plans in PDF format? Sounds like an interesting project.

Quick Reply