Lazy Bee Plans !!!! - Page 53 - RC Groups
Feb 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
Riht now my son and I are whipping togther a crash test bee loosely based to the COX lazybee utilizing the trashed foam wing one of our COXlazybee`s came with.
Built up wing will come along after the wing getsits final crash and is only good for a wing rib template
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 10:50 PM
Buddha
Let us know how it works.

Rick
Feb 14, 2013, 02:39 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click the Pirate
I am a true bee lover, I have a 60 inch night bee, a 60 in profile bee, some of you may have seen 3D master violate my rudder last year at the grapevine flyin, a 40 in bee as stated above, a stagger bee, and a depron profile bee 40 inch, it needs a new fuse badly.

If you have any questions or need help I am more than happy to assist in any way I can.
Click, did I ever ask you if your Stagger Bee is electric, and if so, what motor/prop/power configuration you're using? (I rescanned the first 12 pages of this thread and didn't see it, and finally decided I'd just ask again, if I did the first time.)

Nightowl
Feb 14, 2013, 11:18 AM
I love that this thread exists! I have quite the hive already (Stagger Bee, Speedy Bee, 60" Big Bee, Yard Bee and a Lady Bug) but I think I am going to try to do a 40" bee next. I also cut out the profiles and ribs for a Micro Bee last night, I'm making it a little larger at 12" length and 12" W.S.
I've never had one of these I don't like; now I just want something a little smaller than the 60" Bee so it can fit in my Camaro. I used to move the planes around with my El Camino and it had tons of room.
Jess
Feb 14, 2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78_elky
I love that this thread exists! I have quite the hive already (Stagger Bee, Speedy Bee, 60" Big Bee, Yard Bee and a Lady Bug) ...
Jess
Jess, what are you powering your Stagger Bee with?

Nightowl
Feb 14, 2013, 09:36 PM
Owner - Flying Models
Stagger Bee Power.

I used a geared Astro 05 in mine, running on 8 1700mAh nicads. I am guessing it was a 12x6 APC, but don't remember that for sure. Yeah, it was heavy but did fly fine. The sink rate as I turned based to final was pretty impressive, but getting back on the power once I leveled the wings controlled it nicely.

Thayer
Feb 15, 2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayer
Stagger Bee Power.

I used a geared Astro 05 in mine, running on 8 1700mAh nicads. I am guessing it was a 12x6 APC, but don't remember that for sure. Yeah, it was heavy but did fly fine. The sink rate as I turned based to final was pretty impressive, but getting back on the power once I leveled the wings controlled it nicely.

Thayer
Thanks for the advice!
Feb 16, 2013, 07:19 PM
You really don't want a 12" prop, to little ground clearence, I used a brushless motor with a 10" prop and lipo batteries.
Feb 16, 2013, 11:50 PM
my bee is running a super tiger 10 brushless motor with a 3 cell lip and an 8x6 prop it works ok it could really use a little more power if i really wanted to do stunts with it but i like the cheep motor a lot use the same setup on my stagger bee. keep those bee's flying
Mar 20, 2013, 09:02 PM
Nice so can any body tell me if a lazy bee 40 easy to fly
Mar 20, 2013, 10:22 PM
Nope, not yet. Just about done the 'bones' stage, then sanding and finishing. But to answer your question, I hear that they can be mild or wild.
Mar 21, 2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rczorro
Nice so can any body tell me if a lazy bee 40 easy to fly
With low control throws and not too much power they're pretty easy to fly. I wouldn't recommend one for a first plane but if you've done some flying you should be fine.

Then you can increase the control throws and they get REALLY interesting .

Steve
Mar 21, 2013, 09:02 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Subbed.
Mar 21, 2013, 09:14 PM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
RCZorro - the 40 is definately flyable as mentioned above, adding an extra rib would get you a 48 inch wing which is a bit floatier (is that a word?).

Mark
Mar 22, 2013, 12:04 AM
floater are you kidding i have gone up with a radian and almost got the same flight time with my extended wing bee totally great fun

Quick Reply