Aug 28, 2008, 03:41 AM
Registered Independent!!
Discussion

Eugene R/C Aeronauts - Eugene, Oregon, U.S.A.

----Eugene R/C Aeronauts----

With the new website up and running, our old forums went away and will probably not be coming back due to software issues.

It was more than we needed given the size of our membership; therefore, we will be using this thread for the time being to discuss club issues, chat with club members, ask your Executive Board questions, or anything else that has to do with the club.

I tried to get us our own private forum within RCGroups.com, but I never received any kind of response to my inquiries, so this will have to do for now.

Please feel free to start contributing! I'll monitor the posts here as much as I can.

Patrick Willis
ERCA President 2007-2008
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2008, 01:24 PM

Labor Day 2008 weekend events

Saturday - Florence RC is participating in the "Florence Airport Appreciation Day". - I believe ERCA will be represented there as well.

Monday - Eugene RC Aeronauts "Labor Day Fly-In" at Carl Henson Field (Alvadore site)

Join in if you can, or just come out and WATCH!

Visit EugeneRC.com for more info.

Have a safe and FUN weekend.

JimC
Last edited by ERCA-JimC; Aug 28, 2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Day change
Aug 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
Registered Independent!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCA-JimC
Saturday - Florence RC is participating in the "Florence Airport Appreciation Day". - I believe ERCA will be represented there as well.
This is correct. In fact, yours truly will be doing a demo with the big Yak 54 to showcase the IMAC and 3D aspects of R/C aerobatics. Although I don't have a set routine for the demo, you can expect the usual harriers, blenders, hovers, torque rolls, big smokin' loops, point rolls... and the list goes on.

They will also have a buddy box set up for newcomers to come give it a try, (on a trainer plane, that is, not on my Yak!!!).

-Pat
Aug 31, 2008, 10:52 AM

Florence

This was a great time. Pat put in 3 or 4 flights with his Yak and I put in 3 or 4 with my heli. I got a bit too agressive with my heli on my last flight and stripped a couple of teeth off my tail drive gear, didn't notice until I landed. It would have been a bad thing to loose tail control in that setting.

They gave us a patch of grass to fly off that is in two taxi ways, when the wind kicked up and the full scale traffic increased, it made model flying pretty exciting.

All in all I think we got some good exposure for the Florence RC club. This is a great group of guys and I hope to get over and fly with them again some day.

Alan
Aug 31, 2008, 12:52 PM
Registered Independent!!
"Carl G. Henson 11-01-1932 08-25-2008
A celebration of life will be held at 2 p.m.Friday September 5th.
See NOTAMS for more info"

NOTAMS can be seen at www.eugenerc.com

-Pat
Sep 02, 2008, 07:54 PM
Registered Independent!!
Labor Day Fun-Fly was a success! We held contests that were more organized than in times past, thanks to Bill Hollingsworth and Chuck Jenkins. There are pictures posted on the website.

-Pat
Sep 05, 2008, 11:02 PM
Registered Independent!!
Frank Blain's workshop in Santa Clara, (River Rd. area) was burglarized and about $10,000 worth of R/C items were taken, including two JR transmitters, several airplanes, and other R/C equipment. Please let me know ASAP if you hear of anyone trying to sell these items or if you get any other information.
Sep 09, 2008, 08:44 PM
Ron M. ERCA Member
it's good to see we have a place to chat.... i hope they get the that burglarized Frank's workshop.
Sep 09, 2008, 10:58 PM
Registered Independent!!
Agreed... just keep an eye on sites like craigslist, ebay, etc. and let the Sheriff's Office or let me know if you see anything that could be Frank's.

-Pat
Sep 10, 2008, 12:03 AM
Pat, we missed you at the field on Sunday! Alan brought out his new Trex 700n. WOW! what a nice machine!
This weekend we will be at the Brooks Heli event. If you get a chance you should come to it.
Sep 10, 2008, 12:33 AM
Registered Independent!!
I won't be able to make it, unfortunately. I probably won't be out on Sundays as often now that school has started up again for the kids and that is going to be my family day until school is out again. However, Mondays and Tuesdays are fair game.
Sep 10, 2008, 01:33 PM
Ron M. ERCA Member
Mondays and Tuesdays are my days off, hope to get out there soon. i have a new OS 46 AX that i could use some pointers on breaking in.. its my first time breaking one in.

PS. could you get a list of things of Franks to look for on sites like craigslist, ebay, etc. and i will do what i can to help....
Sep 11, 2008, 01:49 AM
Registered Independent!!
We're working on the list, but from memory I know he lost two JR radios, (one of them being a 9-channel computer radio) a Lanier Extra that he built from a kit, a new Great Planes Sukhoi with I think a DL-50cc engine, some sets of wings, his field/tool box which was a metal box with some yellow on it that he got from Harbor Freight. That's all I can remember for now, but I can post more later.

-Pat
Sep 11, 2008, 04:45 PM
Ron M. ERCA Member
thank you for the list. i will start looking on web-sites and local papers for things for sale that match.

Ron M.
Sep 23, 2008, 01:17 AM
Registered Independent!!
Next meeting is Tuesday, Sept. 23rd 7:00 p.m. at EWEB. See you there!

Quick Reply