Aug 27, 2008, 01:23 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Most frustrating 9303/DX6i programing issue!

Ok all you JR experts here's a problem that has me so frustrated I want to smash both of these into bits!

First things first, I'm not new and I reviewed both instruction manuals tonight and still can't fix this.

First issue

Bird: Easy star with DX6i installed, 3 channels (elev,rudder and throttle) all plugged into the correct channels in the RX and she flies just fine.

I have a 2.4 9303 that I want to use as a slave so I can work with my son on landing the Easy. Ok, no big deal right? WRONG!!!!

First problem is I can't for the life of me find the trainer programing in the 6i. Read the instructions and it says it can be the master or slave but thats it! If anyone knows the page number in the manual that tells you how to access this please let me know.

Second problem is when I hold the trainer switch the motor starts and runs at a very low throttle setting and will not shut off. I have control from that point all the way to WOT on the 9303 but I can't get it to shut off. Here is what I have tried to do to correct this.

Throttle trim all the way down on both radios
Throttle curve adjustments
Throttle reverse
Servo travel adjustment

None of these fix the problem. I think it may have something to do with the first problem. If I don't have control of the throttle channel maybe it's going into failsafe? Doubt it.

Third problem is both controls are reversed when the 9303 has the controls. Ok, no big deal right? Yes of course it is! Reversing both channels on the 9303 does nothing!

Ok guys, let's see how dumb I am. Fix this issue then well go into the problem on my Fun Jet using the 6i as a slave.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2008, 12:52 PM
jrb
jrb
Are they supposed to be compatible for use as slave & master for training?

Have you looked for info @
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6600
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRP2915

I know that JR to JR with 8103+ radios takes a bit of set-up to get them to work in this manner; I’ve only done it via 642/652 & Max.
Aug 27, 2008, 02:16 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the reply. I don't see why they wouldn't be compatable.

Hopefully someone else will chime in, you guys have no idea how bad my OCD is about stuff like this.

I'll check the links.
Aug 27, 2008, 02:33 PM

DX6 aileron problem

I have put aileron on my Supercub, but, I cannot get them to work. They will both go up when i activate the flap switch, and only one moves on tra adj. No matter what i do i can't them to move together. Please help if you can.
Aug 27, 2008, 04:02 PM
Since you have a 2.4 9303, I would suggest adding the easystar to it as a new model and setting it up. Then use the 9303 as the master and the dx6i as the slave.

My understanding of the dx6i is that it is a bit gimped when used as the master, IE you have to use a computer slave radio (not a JR400) and oddly enough the reversing, trims etc all have to match the master.

If you post your question on the radio forum I think you will get more info. Also, search that forum under "dx6i buddy box"

I am using a Dx7 and JR400 with the easystar to train my kid, we are having a wonderful time!
Aug 27, 2008, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Butcher
Since you have a 2.4 9303, I would suggest adding the easystar to it as a new model and setting it up. Then use the 9303 as the master and the dx6i as the slave.

My understanding of the dx6i is that it is a bit gimped when used as the master, IE you have to use a computer slave radio (not a JR400) and oddly enough the reversing, trims etc all have to match the master.

If you post your question on the radio forum I think you will get more info. Also, search that forum under "dx6i buddy box"

I am using a Dx7 and JR400 with the easystar to train my kid, we are having a wonderful time!

Thanks. I looked for a radio section but didn't see one. Most likely I was to mad last night. I'll look into it.
Aug 27, 2008, 04:29 PM
Well, for what it's worth...I remember about 2 months ago searching and searching for how to tie my DX6 with my DX7...and the only stuff I could find were threads - or at least postings - about folks getting their DX6i to work with 9303's!

Or something like that.

You may have to Google it but I know the info is out there in the Ether somewhere 'cuz I've seen it - just can't look it up for you now...
Aug 27, 2008, 04:40 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas
Second problem is when I hold the trainer switch the motor starts and runs at a very low throttle setting and will not shut off. I have control from that point all the way to WOT on the 9303 but I can't get it to shut off. Here is what I have tried to do to correct this.

Throttle trim all the way down on both radios
Throttle curve adjustments
Throttle reverse
Servo travel adjustment
Hi Mike,

Rebind the receiver. Only before you rebind it, set the throttle trim button to it's most negative value, and then rebind it.

Chuck
Aug 27, 2008, 05:38 PM
WAR EAGLE
Simple, call Horizon tech.
Aug 27, 2008, 05:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone
Hi Mike,

Rebind the receiver. Only before you rebind it, set the throttle trim button to it's most negative value, and then rebind it.

Chuck
Chuck,

I don't think that's the problem. Like I said the 6i is the master and flies the Easy without issue. Using the 9303 as the slave is where the throttle comes on.

I finally found the radio section where this thread belongs so I'll post in one of the existing threads. Thanks.

Quick Reply