This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 25, 2008, 08:20 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

General ramblings-on

Since the loss of the VQ Cap-10B .60, my focus has shifted back toward an unlikely source, namely the fifteen-year-old Hobby People/Global Hobby Raven .40 profiler which has proved to be not only great fun to fly, but invaluable for sharpening my aerobatic skills. It's a remarkably low-buck project. The plane, engine and some of the servos were freebies. No junk, I'm pleased to point out.

An interesting freebie came my way a little more than a month ago. The same gentleman who gave me the Evolution 46 in the Raven (it was given to him and he flies almost exclusively electric) gave me a complete GWS Formosa less transmitter but with a GWS battery, speed control, servos and even a Berg Microstamp4 receiver! He'd gotten it as part of an estate sale consisting primarily of electric gliders and he had no use for it.

I'll say this: Darn thing is fun but underpowered as all get-out with the stock 380 beer can and gearbox.

I may be doing the brushless thing sooner than later. It's slow, but boy, does it handle.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply