This thread is privately moderated by SGTalon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 24, 2008, 08:54 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
Cool

Summer of Space - Back from the Hurricane!

It has been a while since i had a blog post. Been very busy with work then I took the Family to Orlando for vacation and to see the "hurricane" What a bunch of HYPE!!!!!

All week all they did every 5 minutes is talk about the hurricane! IT was not much worse than a decent thunderstorm. I will admit that it lasted a lot longer than a regular storm, but as to what you normally think of as a hurricane it was rather uneventful.

But I did get some time to design a new ship. Decided to go with the Battlestar Galactica series. Did a Viper before i went on vacation and a Battlestar! Looks like they will both fly really well.

I finally got a chance to start working on some building too. The B5 Fury was a total disappointment. It was too heavy and the control surfaces were totally ineffective. So i put it on the back burner. I will probably build another one over the winter out of Blue foam instead of the crappy pink stuff. I already know what i am looking to do for design changes.

I found out that the Pink Fanfold is about 1.5x the weight of Dow Protection board. One 2 foot by 4 foot piece of pink is 6.5 oz. a blue is only 4 oz. that is a HUGE difference.

I got my Imperial Star Destroyer started building too. It is going to be a great flyer. Then i will be working on the DS9 Defiant =)

Anyhow, some details on the BSG ships.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post10413422
The BSG is 45" Long, 19" Span, same motor i use on all my planes with 23oz of thrust it should come out to be about 14 oz. AUW. It will have 4 channels, Throttle, Elevator, Rudder and Aileron for controls.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=907472
The Viper is 30" Long and 19" Span. The Anhedral wing should make it interesting but i have a very large horizontal fuse that i added to it to help with shape and stabilize it a bit. It will have 3 channels, Throttle, Elevon, and Rudder for controls.

I doubt i will be doing any kitting of the designs since they are copyrighted material. I would hate to make a couple bucks then get sued by Lucas for copyright infringement!!!

So you guys are just going to have to cut your own from my plans!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2008, 10:12 PM
Dr John
Fay was not even close to a hurricane. She blew right over the top of me and I only lost a few twigs. The last hurricane that went through here I lost six Oak trees and part of a roof. Keep in mind the weather people have not had much to talk about for the last couple of years and were dying to hype something. Don't let this fool you into believing there is nothing to a real hurricane. I cannot recommend coming to Florida to play tourist for a real storm. I have sustained more damage from a normal aftrnoon thunder boomer than from Fay. Those of us who live here are thankful she was not a hurricane.

Oh nice models too.

John
Aug 24, 2008, 10:48 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Thread OP
Oh i know that Fay was a bunch of hype. I was down in Orlando a few weeks after that big one hit a couple years ago. I saw all the damage. The way they were talking everyone needed to evacuate!! We went to Sea World on the day the Fay was over Orlando hahahahah

Quick Reply