Recording with the Canon MV960 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by FredericG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 22, 2008, 04:02 PM
Discussion

Recording with the Canon MV960

I bought an Canon MV960 on eBay to record flights. I seem to get about the same compression/image quality as before when I was recording using my laptop with VirtualDub and the MainConcept codec. However, I strongly prefer the new camera setup as it is much easier to setup. Before I would only record once in a while but with the camera I record each flight. It is also good to have some footage in case something goes wrong...

Here is some footage or a recent flight. On the video the windmill of "Captain Zeppos" can be seen. Captain zeppos is a famous Belgian children's television series from the 1960s.

Windmill "Captain Zeppos" (8 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2008, 02:53 PM
Old retired Electronics Fart
Nice update on your receiver. Taking two receiver/antenna to get the best video off the Planes camera by the use of a Diversity combiner. That's how NASA is able to track the space shuttle longer. Very nice but not cheap !
I take it when the OSD current flashes thats tell you that the battery is low and when the Degrees heading is flashing it means the loss of GPS signal ?

I have one question . I have all your videos and know there location but for the
movie of Rudder_Home and FPV-movie2 (same location). All the others I have located on Google Earth. It adds to the blog knowing your area of the movie .
I've notice you go as far as 80 + miles for one and 30 + miles for another ? Still good videos.
We live in Marengo Ohio USA Degree of 4026'41.74"N 8249'27.43"W

Charles
Aug 23, 2008, 03:41 PM
What flashes is not the current (in A) but the consumed mAh. In case you are not familiar with this: when you draw 10A for 1 hour for example, you consumed 10 Ah, or 10000 mAh. It starts flashing when the consumed mAh is > 1500, because the battery has 2200 mAh. When it falshes it is time to land. If I push the battery too far, also the voltage would start to drop and then another line is displayed showing the battery voltage.

The value you see at the center/bottom of the screen is the distance to the pilot in meters. It starts flashing when > 500m. In general I do not go beyond 1000m. If you want to go further, other remote control equipment is needed.

When GPS fix would be lost, all GPS data would be removed from the screen, but I have never seen that happening.

Frederic
Aug 23, 2008, 03:45 PM
Just looked at your profile Charles, it looks there was no need for me to explain mAh...

Frederic
Aug 24, 2008, 09:23 AM
Old retired Electronics Fart
Thanks for the reply !
Yes Electronics is my life. Retired now. I've done 3 OSD projects with Pic's but not for FVP. I'm a Ham and I transmit TV video on 439Mhz and 1280Mhz. my fairest on 439 is 380 Miles and 125 miles on 1280mhz . It seams like every time I fly one of my Planes I have a repair job Hi Hi My wife calls me CRASH !
Here is one of my OLD boat projects.
http://home.columbus.rr.com/cbeener/page4.htm

You Blog is very good keep up the good work. It looks like your FVP project is going in good shape also. Have you got it so your doing the programing in C++
yet or is it still in asm ?

Charles
Aug 25, 2008, 03:11 PM
Everything is C

Frederic