Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

SHOCK Electric Speed Controllers for Brushless Motors Review

Michael Heer shares some general information about SHOCK and reviews two of their ESCs!

Splash

Introduction

The 80 Amp Shock ESC with SBEC
The 80 Amp Shock ESC with SBEC
Manufacturer:Electric Speed Controllers
Type:For Brushless motors
Controllers reviewed:Shock 20A BEC and 80A SBEC
Manufacturer:Shock (Website for the USA)
Available From:Isthmus Models
Price:Depends on the model

I was asked to review electronic speed controllers (ESCs) from a company called Shock located in the Ukraine. I went to their website and learned they had a wide variety of controllers, far too many for me to review and so I selected two at random; the Shock-20A and the Shock-80A. Both are brushless motor controllers. I also wanted to know a little more about the company and the equipment they use to make the controllers. This review is the result.

Shock is located in Kiev, the capitol of the Ukraine. Kiev has a fascinating history: The city was founded on the banks of the Dnieper River in the fifth century as a trading post. It was one of the largest cities in the world in 1239 with a population of over 100,000 and an active political and social culture. In 1240 it was completely destroyed by the Mongol invasion and was of marginal historical importance until the Russian industrial revolution of the late 19th century. It was the third largest city in the USSR, and with the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, it became the capitol of the independent Ukraine. Today it is home to almost 3 million people, many higher education institutions, world famous landmarks and many high tech industries, of which Shock is one.

Controllers in the Shock Line/Prices at time of the review

• Shock-10A/$40.00
  • Shock-12A/$41.00
  • Shock-15A/$45.00
  • Shock-20A/$52.00
  • Shock-25A/$55.00
  • Shock-30A/$60.00
  • Shock-35A/$65.00
  • Shock-40A/$80.00
  • Shock-50A Opto/$100.00
  • Shock-50A SBEC/$100.00
  • Shock-70A Opto/$105.00
  • Shock-70A SBEC/$105.00
  • Shock-80A Opto/$110.00
  • Shock-80A SBEC/$110.00
  • Shock-100A Opto Low Voltage/$135.00
  • Shock-100A Opto High Voltage/135.00
  • Shock-100A SBEC/$135.00
  • Shock F5D 120/Not currently listed for USA
  • Shock F5D 150/Not currently listed for USA
  • Programming Card/Not currently listed for USA

Included Items with Shock-20A

In the bag was the electronic speed controller with programming and troubleshooting instructions.

A Peek at Shock

Even though I have always wanted to visit the Ukraine ever since I heard the Beatles sing, "Those Ukraine girls really knock me out, They leave the west behind”, the closest I have gotten is a Ukraine hockey forward almost knocking me out with a wrist shock of a hockey puck off of my face mask in my late teens when I was a hockey goalie. (Why couldn't the exchange student have been a girl?) This visit to the factory is by Grisha, who supplied the pictures of the equipment for this background section of the review. For more and different information on how Shock manufactures their product, go to the Shock USA website and click on About Shock.

They have a few pictures on their website in the About section with an explanation of part of the process for making their controllers.

Features Common in All Shock Speed Controllers

The heart of all Shock ESCs is a high tech microprocessor unit that is highly programmable. It supports programming with either the Shock-Card or by use of a transmitter. Programmable items include: battery pack type, NiCad/NiMH or Lipo; brake on/off for propeller; throttle calibration; low voltage cutoff, how to cut at low voltage; start up acceleration ; timing set up, reverse rotation and for helicopters the governor mode.

Additional Features:

• Extremely low internal resistance
  • Super smooth and accurate throttle linearity
  • Safety thermal overload protection
  • Auto throttle shut down in signal lose situation
  • Power arming protection (Prevents motor from running when switched on.)
  • Solidly built on a tough surface
  • Audio tones for arming information and programming

Brake on/off

In the On position, this sets the propeller to brake when the throttle is in the minimum position and is recommended for planes that will be flown at times with the motor off, such as gliders or planes one might like to glide in thermals or at the slope. In the Off position the propeller will freewheel and spin in the wind when the throttle is at the minimum position. Freewheeling creates more drag than a stopped propeller.

Battery type NiCad/NiMH or Lipo

The battery type sets the low voltage protection threshold in an appropriate manner depending on what type of cells are being used. For Lipo cells it is set at 3 volts per cell in the default setting. It automatically detects the number of cells and announces its results on start up. In Lipo setting, it gives a tone for each cell detected at the start: Two tones = 2 cells, three tones =3 cells etc. With Nicad/NiMH packs, the controller reads the starting voltage and sets the cut off to 65% of the initial reading in the default setting.

Low Voltage Protection Threshold aka Cutoff Threshold

There is a default setting that depends on the battery pack and that can be changed by programming. The Lipo default setting is 3.0 volts per cell but the cutoff can be reduced to 2.8V per cell or increased to 3.2V per cell. For NiCad/NiMH, the default and the high settings are both 65% of the battery power at start, and the low is 50% of the power at the start.

Timing Set Up: Automatic/Low/High

In the automatic setting, the ESC automatically determines the optimum motor timing. While this works well for most motors, Shock recommends using the Low setting (7-22 deg) for 2-pole motors (generally in-runners) for high efficiency. The high setting (22-30 deg) is for motors with 6 or more poles.

Motor Rotation Reverse

When the ESC's three wires to the brushless motor are first connected we test run the motor, and if it is running in reverse we reverse two of the wires. With a Shock controller,r you can simply program it to run in reverse, and there is no need to switch the wires.

Soft Acceleration Start Ups

The soft start functions are to protect gearboxes and belt drives from shock at start up. There are three settings available for this feature:

The default setting is the middle setting called the Soft Acceleration. It provides initial slow 1 second ramp-up from start to full RPM an d is recommended for fixed wing planes with gearboxes and/or helicopters. *The first setting is the Very Soft Acceleration, and it takes 1.5 seconds to ramp up from start to full RPM. It also is for planes with gearboxes or belt drives and /or helicopters.

• The third setting is called Start Acceleration. There is no ramp up as it provides linear response from the start. It is recommended for direct drive setups.

Governor Mode

This is for use with helicopters and is an active RPM Control. In the first range there is a five second delay from start to full RPM, however, if the throttle is cutoff after starting, then the next start will be as a normal start. In second range there is a 15 second delay from start to full RPM, but if throttle is cutoff after starting, then the next start will be a normal start.

NOTE!! Once the Governor Mode is enabled,the ESC's Brake and Low Voltage Cutoff Type settings will automatically be reset to No Brake and Reduce Power respectively regardless of what settings at which they were previously set.

Low Voltage Cut Off Type: Reduce Power/Hard Cutoff

When the voltage gets down to the cutoff level the options are to have the power reduced so that we maintain some throttle but notice it is time to land, or a hard cut off where the cut off is reached, and the motor stops working. For most operations I would recommend the reduced power cut of, but for electric gliders I prefer a hard cut off, especially if I am using BEC to power my radio system.

Frequency 8kHZ/16kHz

The 8 kH is the default setting and sets the ESC for 2 pole motors. It has a lower RF noise then the 16 kHz setting. The 16 kHz setting is for motors with more then two poles, like out-runners.

Built-In Intelligent ESC Safety Functions

1) Overheat protection: When the temperature of the ESC exceeds 110 degrees C. the ESC reduces the output power to allow it to cool. 2) Lost throttle signal protection: The ESC automatically reduces power to the motor when it detects a loss of throttle signal for 2 seconds. A subsequent loss of throttle beyond two seconds will cause the ESC automatically to cut power to the motor.

Programming

As I went through the default programing listed below there were only a couple of items I was interested in changing for use with my Pitt Special and its KMS Quantum motor. It is 14 pole so I wanted to change the programming for the Frequency from 8 kHz to 16 kHz. It will run in either setting but should run better at the 16 kHz setting. My Shock ESC came on the Automatic setting, and after flying with that setting I programmed it to the High setting to see if I could detect a difference.

Factory Default Programming

Default Programming:

• Brake: off
  • Battery detect: Lipo with automatic cell count
  • Low voltage cutoff threshold: medium (3.0V/65%)
  • Timing set up: Automatic
  • Soft Acceleration start up: medium
  • Governor mode: off
  • Frequency: 8kHz
  • Low voltage cutoff type: reduce power

Shock-80 SBEC
Shock-80 SBEC
Type: Brushless Motor Controller
Continuous amps: 80A
Maximum Amps, short bursts: 110A
BEC: 5.5V/4A
Lipoly cells: 2-6
NiXX cells: 5-18
Switch rate: 8 & 16 KHz
Timing: auto, soft, hard
Brake: On/Off
Low Voltage Cutoff: Programmable
Weight: 1.65 ounce
Length: 2.05"
Width: 1.34"
Height: 0.55"
Price: $110.00 USD

Shock-20 A
Shock-20 A
Type: Brushless Motor Controller
Continuous amps: 20A
Maximum Amps, short bursts: Not Given
BEC: 5V/2A
Lipoly cells: 2-3
NiXX cells: 5-10
Switch rate: 8 & 16 KHz
Timing: auto, soft, hard
Low Voltage Cutoff: Programmable
Weight: 0.71 ounce
Length: 1.29"
Width: 0.91"
Height: 0.24"
Price: $52.00 USD

KMS Quantum 2208/09
KMS Quantum 2208/09
Motor specsKMSQ2208/09.
Type: Brushless Outrunner
Motor Weight 44g
Diameter: 28mm
Length: 26mm
Output Shaft Size: 3.17mm
BATTERY: 2s-3s Lipo
IO (A): 1A max
Prop: APC 9 x 3.8 electric
Max: 80%
KV Current: 1920
Maximum Efficiency: 16A/60S
Poles: 14 Pole
ESC Timing Degrees: 20-30 (High)

The Shock-20A Brushless Motor Controller in Use

Shock recommends this controller for use in both airplanes and helicopters with motors such as the Astroflight 010, the Hacker B-20, the mini 1615 and with CD-Rom motor applications. All of those would have been good choices but I went with the KMS Quantum 2208/09 from Hobby People. The controller can handle both 2 & 3-cell Lipoly battery packs as can the motor. The motor was mounted onto the Hacker Pitts Special S1 EPP foam plane, and the Shock-20A was mounted into the foam fuselage in a pocket that I custom cut to fit it. The review of the Pitts Special can be found here. I used the Airtronics RDS8000 radio.

Setting up the Shock ESC for Operation

Before I could start testing of the ESCs it was necessary to get them ready for the planes in which they were to be used. The Shock-20A was the first to be tested starting with my separate review of the Hacker EPP Pitts Special S1 biplane. I powered the plane with a Cermark motor, and it was necessary to solder on female connectors to the ESC that matched up with the male motor connectors that came on the motor. Additionally, I used a Mini Dean connector to connect with the 3-cell 11.1V 800mAh Polyquest battery pack I planned to use with the plane.

After soldering on the connectors I cut a space in the EPP foam of the plane for the ESC per the plane's instruction manual. I connected up the motor to the ESC. Normally the last step would be to connect the battery pack and fly, but the Shock ESC needs to be calibrated once to maximize its control and operation of the motor. Until that is done it won't work, but once it is done it shouldn't need to be done again unless components are changed.

Calibration of the Throttle

Fortunately, the calibration process is easy to do and only has to be done once unless I change the radio system in the plane. To calibrate the throttle I started by turning on the transmitter with the throttle stick in its maximum on position. Next, I plugged in the plane's battery pack to the ESC. After a couple of seconds it gave two beeps and repeated them until I moved the throttle stick to the off position. That was it! the ESC was then calibrated to the throttle movement on my transmitter.

Calibrating the Throttle:

• Turn on transmitter with throttle in maximum on position
  • Connect battery pack to ESC
  • Listen for the pairs of beeps to start playing
  • Move throttle to the off position
  • Done

Downloads

Normal ESC startup Procedure

Normal Procedure:

• Switch on transmitter with throttle at minimum/off position
  • Connect battery pack to ESC
  • ESC plays tones when started up indicating status
  • First set of tones is for number of cells: IE 3-tones for a 3-cell LiPo
  • Second set for brake status: one beep on, two beeps off
  • ESC is ready to use

Downloads

Actual Programming of the Shock-20A controller

There were only two default settings that I was interested in changing on the Shock-20A ES: the Timing Set Up and the Frequency. I will demonstrate how to do those programming changes by using my transmitter (they also have a programming card but since it is not listed as a product in the USA Website I won't discuss it further in this review, and truthfully it wasn't needed!).

Programming using the Transmitter

Turn on the transmitter with the throttle in the maximum position as if calibrating the throttle. Connect the battery pack to the ESC. In a few seconds you’ll hear the two beeps sounding. Move the throttle stick down within the first five seconds, and the calibration is reprogrammed. LEAVE THE STICK ALONE! After five seconds the programming sequence is started. There is a series of audible tones that let you know what item was up for programming. Only ONE ITEM PER STARTUP can be reprogrammed. Thus for every item I wanted to change I needed to start with the transmitter on and the throttle on full, and then connect the receiver battery. I only wanted to reprogram two items so I only had to go through the process twice. The instructions for this were very well written and can be seen before buying by going to the Shock USA website and clicking on the "Downloads" selection. They have manuals for all ESCs on-line.

Starting as described above and doing nothing for the first five seconds I heard the audible tones change and followed the pattern described in the manual for programming the different functions. Using the chart supplied in the directions I could listen and determine what function the ESC was on. Four beeps for the brake followed by tones for the battery type, low voltage cutoff, restore factory default settings, soft acceleration start ups, governor mode (for helicopters), motor rotation and finally to switching frequency. At this point I lowered the throttle to minimum as per the instruction manual. The ESC gave two beeps to confirm it had made the switch. It had gone from 8kHz low frequency to 16kHz high frequency. I disconnected the motor battery the change in frequency was complete.

I repeated the process to the six set of beeps and moved the throttle down at the Start Acceleration start up. I tested the startup, and it was now a hard start. I easily confirmed that change in programming. Although i went to the field and flew the plane I was not able to visually detect a difference in the plane’s operation on the high frequency. I thought I might have heard a slight difference in the motor pitch being perhaps just slightly higher at full throttle but I couldn't be sure. I certainly hadn't hurt the planes performance. Thus one programming change confirmed positively and one not certain.

For testing purposes only I changed the brake programming to on and the low voltage cut off to high. i was able to confirm both of these changes by t the lack of spinning by the prop when I shut off the throttle when the plane was in flight and by using my Astroflight Watt meter on the battery voltage readings when the motor cut off. This confirmed to me that the ESC programming worked as advertised. using the factory restore I could positively confirm four of the five changes I had made through actual observations.

Restoring the factory set up defaults:

If I change planes or my mind and want to restore the factory defaults, it is a simple one step programming function and not every item has to be changed individually. Shock also has a Shock programming card but it is not listed in their USA website.

Shock 20A Bench Test

In connection with the bench testing I used my Astroflight Watt Meter. I have had it for years and have it set up with regular Sermos connectors. I made one Mini Dean/Sermos connector to connect it to the Shock ESC. I decided to use some 3-cell Lipoly packs I already had with Sermos connectors rather then make a second conversion Mini Dean/Sermos connector to power the ESC and motor for the tests. I learned in the process that a couple of my old Lipos had lost their juice. Although they tested fine on a voltage meter with no load, they failed to perform well under load. I will be testing all of my packs under load as a result of this experience.

The test motor was the Hobby People Quantum 2208/09 mounted already in my Hacker Pitt Special. The maximum amperage draw of this motor is given as 16 amps, so a 20 amp controller was the appropriate ESC to match with the motor. The BEC powered three sub micro servos used in the plane, and I experienced no problems with the servos or radio operation in the course of the testing. I experienced smooth step by step motor acceleration and deceleration as I adjusted the throttle in operation. Everything ran smoothly throughout the testing procedure once I used good battery packs.

I was able to use my Astroflight Watt Meter and got the following readings with this setup using a 11.1 volt 3-cell Lipoly 1500 mAp Lipoly battery pack. With a fully charged battery and using the Start Acceleration setting (hardest start with no ramp up) I was able to get a 22.7 Amp reading for just an instant when I pushed the throttle to full throttle on immediate startup. With the middle start setting (the way the controller comes) there is a slower ramp up, and the highest Amp reading I was able to get using it was 14.7 Amps. After a minute or so run time with full throttle I got readings of 13.6 Amps at 148 Watts with 9.7 volts.

Shock 20A Field Test

The Shock 20 A ESC was used in my Hacker Pitt Special review with both 2-cell and 3-cell Polyquest battery packs to power Hobby People’s Quantum brushless motor that can draw up to 16A. The bench testing with this motor was described above.

Downloads

Shock 80A bench Test

For the 80 Amp ESC I used two separate motors to partially test it in operation. I installed very large Andersen Power Connectors that are designed to take the type of high voltage loads this ESC can handle. I was able to bench test it with two motors but due to lack of additional large connectors I was unable to use my Astroflight Watt Meter with this ESC (more large connectors have been ordered and additional test results will be posted in the discussion section of this review in early January 2009).

The first test was with a Kontronik 500-27 with planetary gear drive motor that has been previously tested to draw 46 Amps with its current prop. Since this is little more then half of the voltage the ESC is designed for, you might understandably question this choice of motors. I used the Common Sense 22.2 volt 4000 mAh brick pack. The reason for this test was to test the SBEC with 7 standard size servos connected to the receiver. This unit has always been powered by a separate large receiver battery. The Shock 80A SBEC proved to be able to power the radio and the servos without any glitches with the motor running full bore for six of eight minutes operation, the total length of my test time. Two minutes were operation with changes to the speed of the motor with no problems controlling the radio and the seven standard size servos. The SBEC is reported to supply 5.5 Volts at 4 amps, and that was certainly sufficient for the needs of the radio and servo in this test.

The second test was with the E-flite Power 110 brushless outrunner motor. An 85 Amp ESC was recommended for this motor but it has previously tested to draw under 80 Amps as currently propped in bench testing. There were five digital servos connected to the receiver that was powered with the SBEC. Battery power was supplied by Polyquest at 22.2 volts. Motor operation during the testing was smooth throughout as was the radio and servo operation. I would have no worry using this ESC without a receiver pack in fun flying with this motor and this number of digital servos. The servos may not have been responding as quickly as they did when using a separate 6.0 volt receiver pack, and although I visually observed the servos with the SBEC (5.5 volts at 4 Amps) and with a separate 6.0 volt pack. I could not visually see a difference in the speed of operation although logic tells me they should have been and probably were slightly quicker with the 6.0 voltage 6.0 of the separate receiver battery pack.

F5B, F5D World Championships held in the Ukraine

When the F5B, F5D world championships were held in the Ukraine, Grisha was there to promote Shock products and hand out some of their products to have them sampled and unofficially tested by the World's Best pilots. Below are a few pictures supplied by Grisha from his visit to the event. While I have no further information on the event or what the pilots thought of the product I have included the pictures for fun.

Conclusion

Both of these ESCs performed flawlessly in the testing. Neither was tested to its maximum but were properly put through their paces as I would use them. I will post further on the 80A in January after I get in more testing both on the bench with my Wattmeter and in the air with a test plane. Shock states the 80A can handle up to 110 Amps for short bursts and recommends their controllers for use in LMR (limited motor run) competitions. I have seen seen other companies’ ESCs fry in operation from overheating, and I am impressed by the claimed overheat protection as part of the built in intelligent ESC safety functions. I didn't get a chance to test it but I have no reason to doubt the claim.

Pluses:

• Easy to program
  • Nice features
  • Overheating protection
  • SBEC in larger controllers
  • Performed flawlessly in my tests and actual operation

Minuses:

• Haven't found any
Last edited by Angela H; Dec 04, 2008 at 06:03 AM..
Dec 09, 2008, 08:59 AM

Nice Review

Very thorough review, Michael. I particularly enjoyed the background information on the country and the factory. I have had the opportunity to meet and work with some of the folks from Ukraine and they are great people and highly qualified. My only concern about the shock products is the prices. The economy in Ukraine is really in a turmoil because of the progressive transition to a free market system. I would have expected a few bargains, but did not see any. Castle Creations in the good old USA still beats most of the world market on prices and quality of ESC products. Could it be that the importer is taking the opportunity to get well on an otherwise inexpensive product? Just a thought.

Thanks again for a nice review--I enjoyed it.

Rod Taylor
Dec 09, 2008, 10:10 AM
Crash=change of flying medium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricrod
...My only concern about the shock products is the prices. The economy in Ukraine is really in a turmoil because of the progressive transition to a free market system. I would have expected a few bargains, but did not see any.
Ukrainian products used to be priced very competitively some time ago, but they are becoming more and more expensive lately. As Ukrainian government imposes 100% customs duties on basically all products imported into the country, the cost of living also doubles. A dollar can buy half as much in the Ukraine as it does in the US. Too bad for people there, who tries to manufacture hobby products to sell in the West...

Boris (originally from the Ukraine, still have many friends there)
Dec 09, 2008, 11:55 AM
$55 for a 25A?. Not sure I'm seeing any competitive advantage over buying a tried and tested Phoenix CC25 with known excellent customer service.

Jon.
Dec 09, 2008, 12:07 PM
Dr. Dave
Mike, outstanding. Thanks for your hard work on this one. Glad to know about Shock. Their facility looks very modern.
Dec 09, 2008, 04:54 PM
Wind blows
Neat article! Too pricey for me though. If I did have that type of money though I'd be more likely to buy American (read: Castle Creations).
Dec 09, 2008, 05:55 PM
MYC
MYC
Inconceivable!
Yep agree...too bad.

Gonna keep with CC. Rather keep my money in the USA when given the option.

MYC
Latest blog entry: FlyFly F-100 fast foam mods
Dec 10, 2008, 03:26 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Insane prices. Too bad; the products seem like smart solutions to known controller problems. If they can ever escape the restrictions to trade imposed by their government perhaps they can be competitively priced. Until then, the Asian products will simply eat their lunch.
Dec 10, 2008, 02:29 PM
Hello ,
It is very nice to see this article here.
Thanks a lot for the comment.
We are currently doing our best to optimize an ESC to low a price.
We don't want to reduce prices the way using bad parts. So we are trying to optimize a construction, and building process.
I have a question to you what will be good price for you ?
The price to buy it now for ESC ?

Thanks
Grisha

http://shock.rcfm.org.ua
Dec 10, 2008, 02:38 PM
Crash=change of flying medium
Привет Grisha,

Gold Standard in ESC is Castle Creations products. The best places to buy CC controllers are Todds Models and B-P-P (though the latter seems to have changed ownership lately and their prices may go up).
Join Todds club
http://www.toddsmodels.com/Join_Todd_s_Team_s/114.htm
then log-in and go to CC ESC page:
http://www.toddsmodels.com/Castle_Cr...s_ESC_s/39.htm
Thunderbird-18 is $29, Thunderbird-36 is $34 there.
Few people will buy new products for more than that, even if your controllers are superior to those from Castle Creations (which is not an easy thing to do!).

I wish you good luck with all my heart, but competing on US market would be very difficult for you.

Boris
Dec 10, 2008, 04:53 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky123
... As Ukrainian government imposes 100% customs duties on basically all products imported into the country ...
Would that also apply to parts that are (this time assembled) exported again?

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Dec 10, 2008 at 08:14 PM.
Dec 10, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hello Boris:
I agree that Castle Creations also make an excellent product as I have stated in reviews in the past. However, to be fair the Shock controllers appear to me to be more in line with the Phoenix controllers and their programmability then with the lower price Thunderbird line. Shock's best chance for sales may be with their higher end products, especially for limited motor run competitions. But I don't sell the product I just review it and the quality is there and RC Groups has an international readership. Can't hurt our hobby to have another supplier with a quality product. Michael Heer
Dec 10, 2008, 06:31 PM
This is nice, but it's going to be hard to compete with a Asian company that makes similar ESCs.
Dec 12, 2008, 05:20 PM
DJI ENTERPRISE SUPPORT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heer
Hello Boris:
I agree that Castle Creations also make an excellent product as I have stated in reviews in the past. However, to be fair the Shock controllers appear to me to be more in line with the Phoenix controllers and their programmability then with the lower price Thunderbird line. Shock's best chance for sales may be with their higher end products, especially for limited motor run competitions. But I don't sell the product I just review it and the quality is there and RC Groups has an international readership. Can't hurt our hobby to have another supplier with a quality product. Michael Heer
Yes I agree you cant compare these esc's to the cc thunderbird line. I wish you tested the 80a in a heli.. I would love to know how the gov works!

If the gov is solid I could see these ecs being sold for the same price as the Pheonix line of CC. $110 for an 80a doesnt sound to bad at all!!

Heli guys spend more on their esc's since we push them to their limits and need the gov function, no Asian brand has a nice gov thats for sure!

I would be more than happy to test one out on my rex 500 or 600

Ken
Last edited by blade strike; Dec 12, 2008 at 05:25 PM.
Jul 26, 2013, 05:24 AM

Shok still available ?

Is Shok still in business ? I need to replace few of my old Kontronik's ESC's and wanted to give a try on Shok. Cannot contact Grisha on his signature weblink does anyone know an european dealer for them or even USA ? Contacted Istmus model also but got no response. Thanks

Quick Reply