Aug 18, 2008, 09:17 AM
Fly Smooooooooth
Thread OP
Discussion

Any Utah DLG fliers out there?

Are there any other Utah/Salt Lake area DLG fliers? Would like to fly with some other people to help me improve my skills and plane setup.

Seems like Colorado has plenty, so does Arizona and California and the northwest area, but I only know of one other person with DLG here locally.

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2008, 08:41 AM

Utah DLG

I fly mine every sunday morning starting at about 9:30 to 10:00am
7900 south 7oo east sandy Union middle school.

Dick Bean
Aug 19, 2008, 10:45 AM
Fly Smooooooooth
Thread OP
If you don't mind some company I may come down and fly with you one of these Sunday's. What channel do you use?
Aug 19, 2008, 10:48 AM
Spins With Gliders
You guys should come out to Denver to join us this weekend!
Aug 19, 2008, 11:30 AM
Im on channel 21 my brother is 14 and Lee is 35, two other people who fly with us on sundays are on 22.
As far as Denver goes, I would love to but I wont be going anywhere untill Soar Utah is over with and I have had a rest.

Dick Bean
Aug 19, 2008, 10:15 PM
Fly Smooooooooth
Thread OP
Dick,

Are you a member of Intermountain Silent Flyers? Are you helping with Soar Utah?

Denver would be fun, but out of the question for a while. I would probably be headed to California for the Grass Mountain Man on Man this weekend if I were leaving town.

Chris
Aug 20, 2008, 09:22 AM
Yes I am the pres for the IMSF this year , and its been a bunch of work getting it ready. FRiday ,Saturday , Sunday, and Monday this laborday weekend.

Dick Bean
Aug 20, 2008, 03:44 PM
Fly Smooooooooth
Thread OP
Ah!! No wonder you are so busy.

Hopefully I will make it down to the park this weekend if the wind isn't blowing.

Chris
Aug 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
Fly Smooooooooth
Thread OP
Dick,

Nice flying with you guys yesterday. Will have to do it again after Soar Utah is over.

Heard Tauno got 3rd at Grass Mtn this weekend.

Chris
Aug 25, 2008, 10:10 PM
Yes it was fun , and good to meet you . maybe I can meet you up at the south side of POM and with Tauno and Spencer we can work that electrical timer you have, I need to broaden my horizons.

Dick
Sep 30, 2008, 10:13 AM
Fly Smooooooooth
Thread OP
Dick,

I finally got to fly with Tauno this weekend. He had a winch set up on Sunday at the Kearns field and Craig was there with the club built Bubble/AVA.

Tauno and I did a bit of last man standing flights. I even beat him a few times! Need to get the three of us together and give it a go. Ted was mildly interested as well but needs to get a DLG first.

Hope your hand and arm are getting better. I am not sure if I will be in town this Sunday or not but let me know if you want to fly.

(as a side note - we have the F4F timing gear worked out and have been doing some fun fly races/practices. You should come and check it out soon)

Chris
Sep 30, 2008, 04:25 PM
Chris Im glad you got to fly with Tauno sunday, I will be having an operation on my neck sometime soon so that I can start using my arm and hand again, but I probably wont be doing much soaring for a while.

Stay in touch Dick Bean
Oct 09, 2009, 11:41 AM
Jeremy D Stott
Are you guys still flying DLGs? Have you found any organized groups yet?

I've got a comp level DLG now and there'll be 2 more of us with one. I know Adrian has one too, but I don't know if he'd be interested in flying.

You guys want to get anything started?

Jeremy
May 20, 2020, 11:22 PM
Hi all,

I live up here in Logan, Utah and I'm expecting my first DLG (a 1m Toro from Superfly). : )

Sam
May 21, 2020, 04:22 PM
excelling at mediocrity
Hi Sam, 10 1/2 years might be a record.

Go here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...DLG-happenings

Quick Reply