Feb 05, 2003, 07:34 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
Thread OP

Genki Boy + free plans

After flying Kasra's Hangar Rat at the Palo Alto indoor get-together last weekend, I was quite impressed with its docile flight but sure control response. I decided to make my own interpretation of that design. Hence the Genki Boy (don't ask).

Its the usual KP00 and RFFS-100. It weighs 24g with 170mAh LiPoly. Wingspan is 16.5" x 3" chord (419mm x 76mm). Its a bit smaller than the Ikara Hangar Rat. I've had two quick OUTDOOR flights on it and it seems like a winner. Its the first micro I felt comfortable flying in the narrow alley behind my house.

If you are wondering about the coloring/covering: The patterns were made in Microsoft PowerPoint then printed with an inkjet on to plain old craft/wrapping tissue. They were then applied to the structure with a mist of 3M77 then sprayed with Rust-Oleum clear lacquer. I am quite sure that more traditional Japanese tissue and dope would yield even better results.

John Brassner
AMA 84036
http://www.inarico.com/misc/rc
Last edited by Inari; Feb 05, 2003 at 11:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2003, 07:34 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
Thread OP
Another shot
Feb 05, 2003, 07:35 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
Thread OP
One more.
Feb 05, 2003, 11:21 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
Thread OP
I've posted free full-size color plans for those that want to build one yourself. Its in Microsoft PowerPoint format (unorthodox file format but it works great!). You can download them at:

File if you have Office 2000 or Office XP (~415KB)

File if you have an older version of Microsoft Office (~3600KB)

Enjoy.

-John
Last edited by Inari; Feb 05, 2003 at 11:39 PM.
Feb 06, 2003, 12:57 AM
I like it! It has almost all of the same specs as my micro DuskStik. I never thought about using regular craft tissue paper for covering. Good idea.

,Lewis
Feb 06, 2003, 01:27 AM
Las Vegas Realtor
Thread OP
Thanks. I thought I'd use the craft tissue as it is less delicate than the Japanese type. My primary purpose of using tissue at all was to see if I could successfully print on to it with an inkjet printer.

Post note: I've had many flights on it now. Its a winner and very relaxing to fly.

-j
Last edited by Inari; Feb 20, 2003 at 11:07 PM.
Apr 19, 2003, 07:18 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
Thread OP
It was such a GORGEOUS day today in Reno with no wind. I had to fly Genki Boy outside. I also flew a new prototype of a plane which I will post about later. What a nice day huh?

Genki Boy pics attached:
Apr 19, 2003, 07:19 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
Thread OP
one more

Quick Reply