Aug 20, 2008, 06:56 AM
Hey all glad this thread has popped up!
Iím pretty much a novice to the rc thing and have only had a crack at DS once but am definitely hooked! Thanks sean (dynamic) and vanders for the initiation.
I currently have a forever evolving heavily modified bee that has proven to be fairly quick (and durable!) and is now being stripped, a few new ideas added and will be ready for the summer wind season.
Also got some eagle wings on order to throw on the fuse of a retired fling that will be my first venture into mouldies that I expect could be a quick (ish) small plane when I get the bee going quick with confidence.
Lookin forward to seeing the ozzy DS scene grow.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2008, 07:06 AM
DS= -$ & :-)
Had fun ds'ing with Andrew and Sean today at Lemon trees.

It was mild but we'll take anything at the moment. Talk about desperate!! Typical westerlies, gusty and bumpy.

23rd of August 2008

Gun; Stalker Pro

Top speed today was Sean(Dymanic), 123mph with his Carbon Bird. Sean also got 107 with his Erwin. That is one beautiful plane. Nice option for 2m span.

Eric Smith 112, Skorpion

Andrew(AVB), got 103 with his Nemesis. Maiden flight!!

Eric
Aug 23, 2008, 07:59 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Thread OP
A good morning was had at Mt Annan yesterday. Steve got his Carbon Bird screaming. In the afternoon I finally got a few circuits in with the M60 but conditions had dropped wayyy off. Unfortunately our gun is broken. A replacement should be arriving during the week.
Aug 24, 2008, 05:43 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Thread OP
Hey guys. Found this video on my camera today. It shows the circuit we get going in a north easterly at Marks Park overlooking Bondi Beach. 'Course it's for foamies only.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post10409150
Aug 24, 2008, 09:04 PM
Are you serious?
I've never Ds'd before , although it sounds awesome. AVB has told me alot about it and i'd have a go at it if i wasnt too nervous about flying in turbulence.
Anyway, did you guys need a website similar to rcspeeds.com for just aussie ds-ing records?
I dont mind writing one similar to rcspeeds.com if you think it is needed.

M
Aug 25, 2008, 05:59 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Thread OP
Were you selling a Miraj a little while back? I so wanted that plane but funds weren't available at the time.

I'm happy to keep running and updating as we do at the minute.
Aug 25, 2008, 06:16 AM
by ZIPPER
I got some laps in at Wybung yesterday with the Zipper, no idea on speed (may be 70-80mph), but it was screaming.
Aug 25, 2008, 06:35 AM
DS= -$ & :-)
Close call there Mr Kamikaze!

Here is some video from our session last weekend. Sean doing his best to trim the lantana with his Erwin and Bird.

(3 min 29 sec)

Video is a little jumpy, from software or computer, or probably me not knowing what I'm doing.

Seans 123mph pass is right at the end.

Eric
Aug 25, 2008, 07:13 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Thread OP
Sweet vid.

Hey Zipper where is Wybung?
Aug 25, 2008, 04:50 PM
Are you serious?
Quote:
Were you selling a Miraj a little while back? I so wanted that plane but funds weren't available at the time.
Yes, I think i'll hang onto it for the time being, But if someone was to twist my arm, I'd think about it.

No worries about the web stuff, just yell if you wan to go that way. I started on a few pages a while back but never finished them.
I can host it, design all for free, so there is no problems that end.

M
Aug 25, 2008, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze
Sweet vid.

Hey Zipper where is Wybung?
Wybung is on the Central Coast. Works in a range of winds however it is a National Park and Rangers check membership and fine non insured flyers as they do not want to have issues at that site, it is used alot by other people.

Not everyone will agree with insurance but National Parks do enforce this site and have banned flying in other areas, dont want a few rebel flyers to come along and spoil it for everyone else. A recent issue up there made Parks consider banning all flying.

Andrew
Aug 25, 2008, 08:57 PM
by ZIPPER
Wybung is a great site and some nice guy's up there as well, but I did get the feeling from one or two (floater pilots) that here was some hostility with my son and I flying/combating there. But I will become an associate member as we fly up there often in summer.
Here is Wybung

Glenn
Aug 26, 2008, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPPER
Wybung is a great site and some nice guy's up there as well, but I did get the feeling from one or two (floater pilots) that here was some hostility with my son and I flying/combating there. But I will become an associate member as we fly up there often in summer.
Here is Wybung

Glenn
Glenn, I am sure the hostility was nothing to do with you. As mentioned Parks tend to be strict with the site and have written consent agreements with the club and also hanggliders. They have banned flying in some other spots and we recently had some non insured flyers turn up and create some issues that ended up with Parks. The club was told that if it happened again they would cancel the consent agreement and ban all flying. Some of the floater guys have been flying there for 20 years plus and Wybung tends to be one of the few really good slopes on the coast unless you have a nice drive. They just dont want to loose the spot. Lots of other sites around but others are fussy with wind direction or dont have as much lift.

I can show you some other good spots next time your up there. 30 mins south is crackneck which is much higher than Wybung. Better lift but smaller landing zone. Unfortunately we are yet to find a westerly spot.

Andrew
Aug 30, 2008, 07:54 AM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
I wish my gun would turn up soon its been payed for for a month and im still waiting.

Shane
Aug 31, 2008, 02:10 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Thread OP

Slope Soaring on Wikimapia

Hey gang

Don't know if any of you are familiar with Wikimapia? It's like google maps but you can go in label things for other people to see. I thought it might be good to put in your slope soaring sites. If you include the words "slope soaring" in the title anyone can do a search on slope soaring and find sites. Then if you are interstate etc you can find places to fly nice an easy like. Anyone can click on a site and add comments too.

Like this

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=-33.99...20&l=0&m=a&v=2

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=-33.90...19&l=0&m=a&v=2

and if you search "slope soaring" you'll see a few more that have been put in.

Quick Reply