Aug 11, 2008, 03:38 PM
Ron
Ron
Discussion

Chilliwack Summer fly In

Just a reminder..Chilliwack Summer Fly In is scheduled for Aug 23 and 24....but you can come earlier, and stay a few days later if you like...there's always room at the field for your RV or tent.....and we're always happy to have you here.
Glen...Grant...Your spots are reserved already
I'm even going to wear my " Nice Old Fokker" shirt
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2008, 03:34 AM
Student of Ivan
Ya'll have a great time!

I'll be there in spirit...

John
Aug 13, 2008, 12:51 AM
I've been at the last 23 fly-ins (2 per year), I won't miss # 24.
Aug 13, 2008, 02:37 AM
Brad, I'll see you there! Sarah and I plan to arrive on Friday. This is only our #4, but we're still young!

Will Sir Fishwick be accompanying you again?

Luke
Aug 13, 2008, 09:32 PM
8000 Watt Club
I will certainly be there for some of the days. I managed to get to the Chilliwack club event last Saturday. For most of the time Gerry and I were the only participants. Sure it did rain frequently then blew a gale!

The field was in great shape and know there is a separate heli area.
Aug 15, 2008, 02:58 AM
Hi, Luke, Sarah, almost everyone is still young, compared to me, these days! I'm not sure if Robert will make it this year or not. The poor guy is tied up house and dog sitting for his niece. He's stuck in their multi-million dollar home, high on the priciest hillside in Canada, with nothing but a couple of great dogs for company, a pool, hot tub, wine cellar, and theatre for entertainment. Oh, and he gets to drive the Mercedes, too. I don't know how he can stand it! :-)
Brad.
Aug 16, 2008, 01:03 AM

Down from The Mountain

Hello Sarah and Luke,

On Sunday evening, I will be coming down from the mountain. My niece is back from the cruise but they just dropped in to get a change of clothes and have taken off to Whistler for the weekend. Unfortunately, that means I must remain up here and try to get by with all of the luxuries that Brad mentioned. I will, however, be coming up to Chilliwack with Brad. Looking forward to seeing you both again.

Looking forward to seeing you too Ron, I too have been to many many of the meets at Chilliwack. By the way, I have rebuilt my old LT40 and will be bringing it up to fly this next weekend. I have flown this airplane dozens of times at chilliwack, it is my all time favorite.

Looking forward to seeing all of the regulars again and hope to meet all of the newcomers as well.
Robert.
Aug 16, 2008, 03:46 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Hi guys,

I''m looking forward to this and will be there on Thursday I think, but w/o my beloved Laura who doesn't get the 5 weeks A/V that I do. There was a chance she might swing the time off, but no luck with a bunch of co-workers leaving.

I'll be traveling light with just a Spit, an EZ glider and a couple of heli's. No extra's that basically stay in the van anyway, & just a few heli parts.

And something odd has happened - instead of rushing to finish off a heli rebuild or model project (such as an autogyro or glider I have waiting/begging to be built), I've been busy shopping for a flash-based DV camcorder, LOL. And if you knew me like my wife does, you would expect that I'd spend a lot of time researching my decision and then return the first purchase or two And I hope that I won't miss the 37X optical zoom camera I returned to get an HD one with only 12X optical (but has OIS), when it comes to trying to fill the screen with an aircraft. So I'll be another guy on the edge of the runway enticing pilots to fly close to the ground at "just the right angle to the sun"

Cheers!

Glen
Aug 16, 2008, 09:11 PM
How's the Weather Forecast Looking??

If all goes as planned, I should arrive late Wednesday PM or Thursday AM..

Just finished my new T-Rex 500 and hope to ring out any bugs before the start of the weekend..

Will be bring the usual lineup..

Tom
Aug 17, 2008, 03:38 AM
Student of Ivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpeden
So I'll be another guy on the edge of the runway enticing pilots to fly close to the ground at "just the right angle to the sun"
Glen,

Just be sure to post plenty of those pics! I'll need my Chilliwack "fix"...

John
Aug 18, 2008, 12:12 AM
Glen, you'll be filling a gap, this time, as Sam and Beverly can't make it for this one. I'll sure miss Beverly's stunning photos. They were at our Burnaby Lake fly-in today, but Sam can't get the time off for next weekend. You have some high expectations to meet No pressure, of course
Brad.
Aug 19, 2008, 01:54 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Hi guys,

Were Sam & Beverly doing video too? I practiced video panning with cars on the highway (back somewhat, so a car filled the frame at full zoom) a bit more today with the newer HD unit - my hands are pretty steady for a fellow who gets the seniors discount at Humpty's Pressure? All the pressure for me is about getting on the road within a half day of my plans

John, if I get anything worthwhile I'll send you a DVD.

Cheers!
Glen
Aug 19, 2008, 02:35 PM
Hey guys its Brandon Bier here, I will be attending the fly-in if its nice on sunday, and to top it all off I hope to maiden my carl goldberg extra 300 that sunday, hope to see you all there
Aug 21, 2008, 01:09 AM
Ron
Ron
Lookin forward to having everyone here again..the only sad part is that it means summer's almost over... oh well there will be lots of fly time left before the indoor season starts again...Sorry we couldn't arrange a concession this time...seems the concessionaires dont want to work that many hours, so we'll do a lunch run for those who need sustenance...I've arranged for a courier :-)...weather looks to be good, although you wouldn't guess it by today's rain storm, but it's supposed to be warm and sunny Saturday and Sunday... As Grant says....we don't need blazing sun...we just need not rain........and our friends there with us. I actually think I will make the long drive out myself this time :-) Takes quite a while from my place :-)
Every body have a safe trip here..see you on the field.
Aug 22, 2008, 05:26 PM
BEC
BEC
Things are crazy here today so I won't be arriving until well after dark tonight. See you at the field (or maybe the float pond, though I'm not bringing anything to fly on floats this time - another casualty to it being crazy at work) tomorrow.

Quick Reply