New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2003, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by ferradas

Compufoil Demo Version, what gives?

Ok, I want to cut a Super Gee wing with the .COR files provided at the Super Gee plans website. I do not own a full version of compufoil at this time but I want to print the templates from it. I opened the AG455C~1.COR file and it looks right in CF. When I go to print it, it states that it's a demo version and the dimension won't be correct, I print anyways, the chord seems to be right on at 8", I don't know how to measure the other stuff but what I want to know is if this is an accurate template? If not, what do I do to make it accurate besides buy compufoil. I do plan to purchase the base program soon but right now I just want these templates to get started.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2003, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by fprintf
[intentionally blank]
Have you looked at Profili? It seems to be a very nice program for a $10 shareware price.

Alternatively, I just use a program called "profile" that used to be available on the web. Very nice tool, very low overhead, but doesn't print .COR files that I know of - but can import from .dat files.
Old Feb 04, 2003, 02:22 PM
Find More Posts by Mike Seale
f5b-uk
Ferradas

I can't help on the Compufoil issue, but when I started cutting cores a long time ago I bought some parts of Compufoil and liked it a lot. A while ago I wanted to add some of the other features and was shocked at how expensive it was. Because of this I now use TracFoil http://fly.to/tracfoil which you can download as a fully working time limited demo and then buy the complete program for just a few bucks, quid, euros.

Mike