Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 08, 2009, 04:49 PM
Real name's Teja :)
NICE! Looks like you got everything perfect...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2009, 05:50 PM
Way to go Retkimora,
Good job, and good video.
With the gray skies it was hard to keep orientation.
Hope it was easier for you.

Tim
Apr 09, 2009, 01:34 AM
nice one great to see it flying, I am hoping to test my truck indoor this weekend, so will take the video camera and post as soon as I have.

Retkimora, where did you CG come out at in the end?

thanks
Apr 09, 2009, 01:58 AM
NewFlyer
Yes! Yes! Share Share !! We all need to know...
Apr 09, 2009, 03:52 AM
CG is inside the cab area, at the end of it. It could be 1" from the back of the cab, but I can't move my battery forward any more so it is 1/2" from the back now. It feels a bit tail heavy, but is flyable. Too much towards the nose and it will dive all the time. Diving is very bad with these things, maybe you saw it from the video. It also does some wild maneuvers on its own in the wind.

I included a picture, maybe it explains the cg point area.
Apr 22, 2009, 10:39 PM
NewFlyer
Any updates on this build??
Apr 27, 2009, 09:13 AM
Stoner
Hey guys been watching your site for a bit. Had a wild idea of building one of these . Didn't have a chance to test fly it, took to the SPEF fly-in. Got there early so I had the place to my self, worked on a few bugs in it, With the help of the CD. We raised alot of eyebrows when the truck took to the air and we had fun flying it.
I had a 1300kv motor on it too small put a 1700kv on it and a 3 cell 460 battery it flew alot ,made it out of blu-cor
It was really cool and now I'm going to build a good one its worth the fun to have one of these around. My motor mount was to lite will beef up the new one.
Thanks for the ideas.
Dave
May 05, 2009, 08:50 PM
Stoner
Here's some pics of the new truck I just built.

Dave
May 05, 2009, 08:52 PM
Stoner

Flying truck pics

Here's a link to the SPEF fly-in. There are pics there of the truck in the air!

Dave

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1016562&page=5
Jul 21, 2009, 02:56 AM
can some tell me what is the cost of this flying truck and from where we can buy ?

tariq
Jul 23, 2009, 12:43 PM
Has anyone tried one of these using actual airfoil shaped sections for the truck bottom and cab top sections? Maybe even a KFm airfoil? This is very similar in concept to the flying lawnmower and most of those use an actual airfoil section for the bottom "plate". This might allow it to actually "fly" instead of just "planing" into the air. Would probably eliminate a lot of the pitchiness as well.

I am also thinking that maybe if you put the elevator on the back of the cab top section it might act like a canard, and might be more effective.

Definitely something I would like to build someday.
Sep 07, 2009, 04:42 AM
That looks pretty good racoon.
Have you tried to fly it yet?

Tim
Sep 07, 2009, 05:13 AM

fly

one flight
MVI 3395 (0 min 14 sec)
Sep 10, 2009, 10:01 AM
When pigs fly rc
That is awesome

Quick Reply