Mar 23, 2009, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Graham91
Hi Guys, I am going to be building one of these soon, what is the best CG position for it?

thanks
Graham
I hope that you get one built that works.
Evidently Gelei Imre's maiden did not go well.
He never came back with a report.

I would like to build one too, but have never seen a successfull scratch built one yet.

Tim
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2009, 03:09 PM
thanks Tim, I am just finishing off the plans, getting it cnc cut and then will have a play with one and get it built.

Will have a play around with the CG and will hopefully eventually get it right, may take a few attempts

Will be sure to keep you posted with my progress

Graham
Mar 24, 2009, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48
Hi

By special request here are the a4 tiled plans ...

Cheers,
Frank
would you be able to make a tiled set for letter format?
It would really be appreciated.

Thank you.
Matt
Mar 24, 2009, 02:38 PM
Gelei Imre
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdearth
I hope that you get one built that works.
Evidently Gelei Imre's maiden did not go well.
He never came back with a report.
Tim
Hi,

because I did'nt maiden flight yet, because here is all day is windy. And a was wery busy, wih other works. When I will to fly it, I will make report, and video too.

Cheers
Mar 25, 2009, 09:43 AM
Went to mow a meadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonierm
would you be able to make a tiled set for letter format?
It would really be appreciated.

Thank you.
Matt
Added to first page

Frank
Mar 25, 2009, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank48
Added to first page

Frank
Thanks a million Frank!
Mar 25, 2009, 08:32 PM
NewFlyer
Anyone willing to share their technical setup? I think i might give a go at this one...
Mar 26, 2009, 03:59 PM
Gelei Imre
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenChin
Anyone willing to share their technical setup? I think i might give a go at this one...
Hi Ken,

here is my config:

My motor is Keda 20-34:
http://www.kd-motor.com/a20.htm
Prop: 8X4
Esc 10/12A
Servos: 2XTP90
Battery:2s900mAh-s Lipo
RX: Yeti Rex7mpd
Mar 27, 2009, 01:05 PM
I built one from plans by Gelei Imre. I made it out of 3mm blue foam (dow protection board). It is very light and fragile, but works. I haven't figured out good center of gravity point yet, but I got it flying (after lots of trying, hehe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenChin
I use 15T/24G cdrom-motor with 3S 460mAh lipo battery. 7x3.5 prop, two 6g servos, 9g receiver, Turnigy plush 10A speed controller (9g) and few bamboo skewers as reinforcement. AUW is ~200 grams.

I'll also post a video whenever I get it flying nice.
Mar 28, 2009, 03:52 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the info.

I will hopefully be building mine over the weekend, going to cut from 3mm depron, and wil be using a 70W motor (gws 8x4.3), 10A speed controller, 2 9g servos, 8g receiver, and 450mAh 2s packs

Hoping to get an all up weight of about 150g, but see how we go, also going to be trying a few things with the motor assembly and how it moves with the elevator.

will post pics when I can
Mar 28, 2009, 04:11 AM
To Build? or Build Another?
I really want to build one of these but i think im gonna tweak the design a little... I like the raid truck pic posted earlier, so maybe that style with a large fin on top as the elevator... and something needs to be done about that front side... it seems way to unforgiving on hard landings... Possibly a carbon bracing rollcage?? Hmm...

And now for the real question... WHICH PROJECT AM I GONNA DO THIS WEEKEND?!?
Mar 28, 2009, 08:17 AM
I sliced some 5mm EPP today and will make another truck from same plans. I'll post pictures later today.
Mar 28, 2009, 08:50 AM
NewFlyer
3mm Depron sounds very fragile on this Truck. Gotta be a soft landing. We only have the 5mm depron here, in Malaysia. I've scratch built one, but has done done anything on the electronics as i have difficulties in the Steering mechanism.

I think i will deal away with the old one, and start on a new truck based on the plans available now. But, these has to be done after my 36" Foamie Geobat. It's crazy to have 6 servos on a Foamie!
Mar 28, 2009, 11:20 AM
Had a go at putting it together, found a few issues with some slots etc and some pieces, so going to have a mess about with the files to get everything fitting correctly.

Hopefully get it built tomorrow once the new parts are cut, thinking of a scheme I can airbrush on in the mean time! just want something simple..... any ideas?

Going to have a play with the motor mount, will be cutting it from some fibre glass and will have it pivotting, may try a separate servo for elevator and motor and mix them together, until I have flown it and got it setup right.

As for the construction, I am using 3mm depron for the weight more than anything, want it to be as light as possible, I fear that if its too heavy it will be a pig to fly!

Will be using plenty of bracing with extra depron and carbon fibre where needed, but hoping to integrate a lot of it in to the depron.
Not going to bother with steerable wheels either, I don't plan on using it on the floor much

will keep you updated
Mar 28, 2009, 04:41 PM
Gelei Imre
Some pictures about motor mount making with adjustable thrust:

Quick Reply