This thread is privately moderated by Howard Matos, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 06, 2008, 10:03 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Thread OP
Discussion

New Co-Pilot

Flight testing is going great!!! Initial testing has been on a high powered "Razor" with GPS clocked speeds in excess of 90 MPH. We have switched over to a small electric 3D aircraft this week. We are dialing in on the vertical hover and knife edge modes. Next aircraft will be my Ultra Stick with a Saito 180. We will put it through the paces these next few weeks then switch back to an electric so we can hopefully demo it at NEAT next month.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2008, 04:48 AM
Two things Howard, 1 why was the old co-pilot pulled from your site BEFORE the new one is released? 2 where is ANY information on the new unit? what makes it so special? for the record I have two FS8 co-pilots
Aug 12, 2008, 07:37 AM
Sindland MC SAA
Thread OP
The FS8 was not pulled from our site; we completed the last production run and have sold all remaining units. We had anticipated the release of our new Co-Pilot system much earlier then it is. The new system is so far advanced that it would have made the FS8 obsolete instantly; any remaining FS8's would never have been sold.

We have not published any specific information on the new Co-Pilot system as of yet as we are waiting to have all our patents in place. Our new system will work with any transmitter/receiver combo, on any frequency, and with any type of servo. There are different stunt modes like vertical hover and knife-edge to name a few. For the heli's, there is position hold. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Setup has never been so easy. This will also be Internet upgradeable
Aug 13, 2008, 04:21 AM
lol you going to take trade-ins? I am in the process of changing from mode 1 to mode 2 so it will be well used again as a crutch! I tend to fly with the co-pilot off but always there... is the new unit going to use the horizon only or are you looking at incorporating a laser somehow?
Aug 13, 2008, 03:03 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Thread OP
The new system will use the same technology but the sensors are much smaller. Also the signal to the sensors is now digital, no more ribbon cable. You will use a standard aileron extension. Here is another neat feature; we are introducing a hard deck (patent pending) on this system. As long as your aircraft is above the hard deck, you can fly like normal, no Co-Pilot. If you loose control and your aircraft is headed for mother earth, you don't have to worry about flipping switches or turning knobs. Once your aircraft hits the hard deck, the Co-Pilot will turn itself on and introduce flight stabilization. This is where we are with our testing, and what a ton of fun it is. You can hit the hard deck at any angle and watch the Co-Pilot take over and right your aircraft. The hard deck can be set to any altitude.
Aug 13, 2008, 03:42 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Thread OP
Another day of great flying! We swapped the system over to a small Stick and continued to test the hard deck. I'm trying to see how many different angles I can hit the hard deck and see how the system recovers. Only a half day of flying today because I burnt up my old speed 400. I just finished installing a new brushless out-runner. It will be nice to have the extra power. Back at it tomorrow! We should be switching to the heli very soon. Look for a full demo at NEAT.
Aug 15, 2008, 02:25 PM
any photos?
Aug 17, 2008, 10:49 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Thread OP
I will take some in the morning and post them.
Aug 26, 2008, 09:54 AM
Extremely interested in purchasing one for my AP Swift when it comes out... Position hold for helis just sound too good to be true .

Any words on the price yet?
Aug 26, 2008, 10:19 AM
Sindland MC SAA
Thread OP
Hi,

We will not have pricing until we wrap up the beta testing and have a bill of materials. We are still waiting to start the testing on the heli's. Once again we are super busy getting ready for the NEAT fair. I promise to have pictures real soon.
Sep 05, 2008, 04:11 PM
pics
Sep 05, 2008, 07:47 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Thread OP
I know, I know, I will have them before I leave for NEAT. Busy week getting ready for the show. I will also have it on display at NEAT.
Sep 29, 2008, 04:45 PM
Any updates?
Oct 26, 2008, 01:20 AM
photos and information Howard, when are they going up for sale?
Oct 26, 2008, 01:21 AM
and another point why is there NOT ONE mention of them on the FMA DIRECT site?

Quick Reply