Originally Posted by bruceswd
Hi guys
Our club has really enjoyed LTN !
One question !
What DLG was that you guys flew ?
Cheers
Bruce
Hi,

The DLG is called a Splo, and is a spanish design.. Its not produced anymore.
May 21, 2010, 05:18 AM
Tearing the Skies a new one...
I made myself hit the "stop" button on the DVD player last night.... more to look forward to this evening

Love it so far, and love the music.
Jun 16, 2010, 11:16 AM
I received my issue yesterday: the beginning is not as appealing as I expected....but the "Veroe finish" is just so.....perfect!

And your "credits" chapter has to be mentionned: is seems that you have found even more friendship than perfect slopes donw there.

Norway: definitly a land to visit, espacially with Espen Torp on your side!

Many encouragments for the "Reese" team: please, do not make us wait another couple of years to edit the "Lift ticket vol.3 in HD"
Jun 17, 2010, 08:50 AM
It's not going to build itself
I enjoyed it more the second time around. I still have to remember to take it to the
In-laws, they will love this!
Tom
Latest blog entry: Some vids
Oct 30, 2010, 09:08 PM

Lift Tcket Directors cut & Lift Ticket Norway REVIEW.

Lift Ticket series - What can I say...! Awesome! if you are an avid RC flyer of any discipline, then you will love BOTH of these DVD's. And if you want to see more of them, then go out and BUY yourself a copy, don't download, copy or borrow someone elses because otherwise Dave and his awesome crew won't be able to come down here to New Zealand to film the next installment... Lol
Seriously though, the first one - Lift Ticket Directors' cut, I had heard good things so I was expecting much, normally I like to fly myself and get bored sitting down watching others - well, I can say I was not at dissappointed from the first moments of the film. I've written this same review elsewhere but I'll copy the text here as it sums up both movies really well in short.

Need I say more, flying, beautiful scenery and ROAD TRIP...! all rolled into one!
These guys are living my dream... travelling all round the place finding and flying at new slopes, seeing new scenery and making movies about it - which end up paying for the trip... (Brilliant idea when you think about it!)
If you are in to slope soaring or gliding then these are definitely movies you should have on your shelves for days when the wind isn't blowing or the rain is coming down to keep the call of the slope going...!
Video One is filmed in an Epic tour across the United states (right at the start of it they mention that they are just arriving at their intended destination after 15 HOURS of driving (Just unheard of here!) they visit several large gatherings of flyers, bringing in PSS, Scale and Combat meetings and then cover the discovery of EPP and Dymanic soaring ending in the breaking of the 300MPh barrier (along with a few planes on the way!)
Sprinkle in a bit of travelling video with some AWESOME scenery and you have video number two travelling through Norway with its mountainous terrain and Fiords ending at the islands of VarØy up in the Arctic circle. Travelling with Espin Torp from Norway, Dave and Co. do some crazy stunts, including flying a handlaunch down into a box canyon with a large waterfall (then walking two hours to fetch it!) and dropping an F3B ship off a lookout over a valley with the wind running in the wrong direction for slope lift - the model was so high up, the pilot below wasn't aware it had been launched until the camera guy told him..!!! COOL STUFF! Makes me wish I could travel more myself, but at least I can see the video to get some idea of my wishlist for that someday when I eventually can...!

So, Definite definite MUST HAVE for all slopers.
Roger

There are reviews here by other writers here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9719980/tm.htm
http://planet-soaring.blogspot.com/2...in-norway.html
by the MAN himself https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1229217
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611721

And for those of you who have been inspired by Dave and his gang's previous trips and are looking for a trip of your own, come on down to New Zealand for a slope soaring tour. Within two hour's drive of Auckland international airport there are great slopes to fly for ALL wind directions plus many more a little further down the road (ps did I mention that Joe Wurts is hiding around here somewhere now too...!) We have an awesome slopefest lined up for January next year (2011) in Raglan followed a few months later by the RCSoaring.co.nz PSS Fest. By the way, January is summer here for all you Northern Hemisphere guys - so don't forget the sun block! Come on down, we'd love to see you there, check out RCsoaringcommunities.co.nz for the details of the two upcoming events.
Roger
Oct 31, 2010, 04:18 AM
Biting ankles since '53
OK. Time to be contrary.

This is not a slope soaring video. This is a road trip by a bunch of guys who get let down by the wind gods. The scenery IS stunning but the final sequence atop one of the finest sites I have ever seen is flown with a DLG. As is much of the movie. If your idea of a day's sloping involves not having to worry about the picnic cloth blowing away or having to weight down your spare models then this is for you.
I haven't run a stopwatch on it but I really suspect there is more footage of the vans driving and the guys walking than there is of flying.
It drags on longer than a northern night.

A fine film at some level but not about sloping. And to those who say its a film about hanging about with your buds at the hill when there's no wind... well why aren;t you doing it rather than watching it on DVD.

I bought it but I suspect I'll never watch it a second time.
Nov 01, 2010, 05:31 PM
hang on
After watching the video in June some of us here from Oslo decided to make a slope trip to several good sites, including Lofoten/Værøy -so 2011, here we come
Don't think we would take this trip without watching the video -so thanx allot for pointing out our best slopes to us, Dave&the whole LTNO crew; the video is amazing and inspiring to us living here -very well done!

The perfect tool for all of us looking for new places to go every year.

Best;
Jo
Last edited by jotore; Nov 01, 2010 at 07:43 PM.
Nov 06, 2010, 10:50 AM
NY Slope Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_editor
OK. Time to be contrary.

A fine film at some level but not about sloping. And to those who say its a film about hanging about with your buds at the hill when there's no wind... well why aren;t you doing it rather than watching it on DVD.

I bought it but I suspect I'll never watch it a second time.
Fair points. I put this film squarely in the category of those you would share with your NON SLOPING friends. Those are normally folks who are NOT mesmerized by watching hours of blistering formation half pipes, or world record DS circles.

After buying it from Dave, I too wondered how many times I'd see it myself, and then realized the production value and the exotic enticement factor really does keep one interested. Like the original Lift Ticket, it is an excellent expose on the existence of the slope hobby, even if the conditions didn't showcase what it's most devout practitioners crave.

Joe Chovan
Dec 20, 2010, 05:11 AM
Secret clown business
Could this be a secret deleted chapter?
Dragonfly Love - The Film (3 min 36 sec)

Dec 20, 2010, 04:16 PM
You must die! I alone am best.
Well......
Dec 20, 2010, 10:23 PM
Great, kid! Don't get Cocky!
Huh?!?

Quick Reply