This thread is privately moderated by LKC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 05, 2008, 07:27 PM
LKC
Find More Posts by LKC
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Discussion

Multiplex Blizzard... I mean.. Buzzard !

I figured I'm the first person in Canada to fly one of these, since I'm silly enough to pay the extra to get one shipped from Germany

I just maidened my Blizzard, with this setup:
DX7
AR6000
4xHXT900 servos
35-36C Turnigy outrunner
60A Turnigy EXC with switching BEC
4S-2200 Zippy-R
AUW 34Oz
40mm spinner from Hobbycity with a 9x6 prop

Flight was completely predictable, very little trim required in the end. My CG is around 59-60mm, and I may try move it back a little further. I am not using the 3 balance balls and I am able to slide my pack further back, thanks to my modified MPX plug, see below. I did have my Rudder set up backward to what I thought. It was my first rudder on a V-tail, so I guess I assumed the wrong surface movements. The blizzard does flex the wings a bit during hard pull out. I never got a flutter, but I am sure I will soon.. It does penetrate really well and I think a nice lighter weight setup would rock on the slopes. The durability of the Elapor would suit a lot of slope locations. Even maye a light electric setup dedicated to the slope..

All in all, a great parkliner flyer ! Typical Multiplex kit. Goes together how a kit should, all components are well matched and there was no real complications besides the MPX plug. The plug itself is a great idea, it just protrudes into battery space.

A few pics on this post

MULTIPLEX BLIZZARD (3 min 13 sec)
Last edited by LKC; Sep 09, 2008 at 10:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:08 AM
Find More Posts by danzig483
Hello
Im buiding de same system (vectoring thrust) and a need if can you tell me how programming de DX7 mixing?
I hope oyur request.
Regards Gustavo