Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Aug 04, 2008, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by nickpapagiorgio
Discussion

Any way to charge two 7.4V lipo batteries at once with stock E-Sky Charger?

I bought a HBFP MKII that came with a 7.4V lipo and E-Sky charger. The charger has a slot for the 7.4V battery and one for a 11.1V battery. My question is, can this be adapted some way to charge two 7.4V batteries at once? Thanks,

Kevin
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2008, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
innocent victim
no.....buy another charger from dealextreme....they sell the same one
Old Aug 05, 2008, 10:40 PM
Find More Posts by nickpapagiorgio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Killer
no.....buy another charger from dealextreme....they sell the same one
Ok, thanks.
Old Aug 05, 2008, 11:42 PM
Find More Posts by MrRetro
If you get a better charger like the DN Power G2, you CAN charge 2 7.4V lipos at one time. This is a nice charger and a good upgrade if you plan to stay with helis for a while.
Old Aug 06, 2008, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by Necron Xen
Genius or Madness?
Here's an even better idea: It's something like MrRetro mentions when you get a computerized battery charger like the DN Power G2. I recommend the Loong-Max E6 Charger.
http://www.valuehobby.com/index.php
You'll see it on the front page, click and check it out if you'd like.
I recommend this charger because it offers so much for such a low price. It will charge up to 6S Lipo Batteries. Most chargers at that price only charge up to 4S batteries. 6S batteries are used by the larger helicopters like a TRex 500 or anything else that's bigger and electric-powered. You won't even have to buy another charger later on.
I am guessing you would like to charge your batteries faster for an inexpensive cost? Getting two slow stock Esky chargers isn't exactly the best decision IMO. With a single computerized charger like the Loong-Max E6, you can Balance charge a single battery to full capacity in half an hour, even quicker if you don't balance charge. If I can remember, the stock Esky charger would usually take about 2-3 hours for a single 1000mAh battery, even longer for 1350mAh, 1500mAh, and especially 1800mAh batteries. It sucks to wait that long! Computerized chargers like that will need a power supply of some sort. Your Esky Adapter for the stock Esky charger will do just fine.

...Just my thoughts.
Last edited by Necron Xen; Aug 06, 2008 at 03:43 AM.