.46 nitro engine on a Traxxas car? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 03, 2003, 02:12 PM
Bryan Havenstein
Bryan Havenstein
Guest

.46 nitro engine on a Traxxas car?


Anyone ever done this or seen it done? (websites?)

I think it would be awesome to have a Nitro sport or stampede or T-Maxx
powered by a .46 (or a .40) airplane engine, although I'm sure it wouldn't
be easy to fit it on the car...




Feb 03, 2003, 03:22 PM
BBA
BBA
Guest

Re: .46 nitro engine on a Traxxas car?



> Anyone ever done this or seen it done? (websites?)
>
> I think it would be awesome to have a Nitro sport or stampede or T-Maxx
> powered by a .46 (or a .40) airplane engine, although I'm sure it wouldn't
> be easy to fit it on the car...




prolly wouldn't be too beneficial >>

what's the proposed engine torque/rpm on your land based vehicle?

now take a look at an aircrafts engine torque/rpm ratings!

you may notice a rather large torque/rpm difference!

BBA


Feb 03, 2003, 04:12 PM
Bubba
Bubba
Guest

Re: .46 nitro engine on a Traxxas car?


On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:10:21 GMT, "BBA" <antispamchallenge@attbi.com>
wrote:

>prolly wouldn't be too beneficial >>
>
>what's the proposed engine torque/rpm on your land based vehicle?
>
>now take a look at an aircrafts engine torque/rpm ratings!
>
>you may notice a rather large torque/rpm difference!


Make up the difference with gearing. The problems would probably be in
finding traction and the extra weight of the bigger engine, not to
mention cooling and fuel delivery. A .32 heli engine, however, might
work.

Bubba
HPI Micro RS4 Viper GTSR- Absolutely not for sale
AE RC10LSS Diablo VT- Maybe for sale
HPI RS4 Sport 2- Wanted, cheap and unbuilt
Feb 03, 2003, 04:32 PM
sb78247
sb78247
Guest

Re: .46 nitro engine on a Traxxas car?


There was one that made a blast down the track in a rail dragster chassis.
(.45 airplane engine) It was geared like the .21s but even with the lower
rpms etc it still managed to keep a 1.85 time on the first pass ever! I
don't think that he has worked on the gearing anymore, it was a see if it
can be done project. Right now, a Maranello .21 has caught the guy's eye
and is the work in progress. Probably between this and the JP Blacks there
will be someone in the 1.6s real quick.

Shannon


"Bubba" <bubba@beer.com> wrote in message
news:3e3ed114.3055057@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net...
> On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:10:21 GMT, "BBA" <antispamchallenge@attbi.com>
> wrote:
>
> >prolly wouldn't be too beneficial >>
> >
> >what's the proposed engine torque/rpm on your land based vehicle?
> >
> >now take a look at an aircrafts engine torque/rpm ratings!
> >
> >you may notice a rather large torque/rpm difference!

>
> Make up the difference with gearing. The problems would probably be in
> finding traction and the extra weight of the bigger engine, not to
> mention cooling and fuel delivery. A .32 heli engine, however, might
> work.
>
> Bubba
> HPI Micro RS4 Viper GTSR- Absolutely not for sale
> AE RC10LSS Diablo VT- Maybe for sale
> HPI RS4 Sport 2- Wanted, cheap and unbuilt



Jan 09, 2008, 11:02 PM
Registered User
What about using a CEN G70357 NX76 or HotBodies Truckzilla motor. If it will physically fit in the chassis, why would that not work??? I actually have an fully aluminum T-Maxx that weighs about 15 - 17 pounds. I was thinkin of doin the same thing. I really don't think a .32 will be quite enough.
Nov 23, 2008, 04:36 AM
Registered User
hi m8

ive got alot of experience in planes



you may want to go biger than a 46. like the other guy says. plane engines are ALOT less powerful for their size, personally (if its a monster truck) i would go for a 61. and put a giant carb on it and very high gearing. plane engines are only good for about 25,000 rpm absolute max

plane engines are hugeley restricted by their carbs, and probably by their exhausts


hope this helped


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Hpi nitro rs4 3 evo rtr rc car with t-15 1.25hp nitro engine 1/10 touring car Silver99gsx Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2016 04:41 PM
Sold Super Deal on Traxxas Nitro Car & Truck dburn75 Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 1 Jan 11, 2012 03:48 PM
Discussion Traxxas 1/10 4810 Nitro 4-Tec 2.5 4WD On-Road RC Car wheel and tires info wanted eccvets Car Talk 2 Sep 15, 2009 01:52 AM
Off Site Traxxas nitro 4-tec 2.5 4wd on road rc car cmmicroheli Cars - Accessories (FS/W) 1 Aug 25, 2009 06:14 PM
For Sale Traxxas 4-tec Pro Nitro RC Car OS engine, Paris Pipe, ARTR, Starter Box - Quick sale SpeedVision Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 2 Nov 30, 2007 04:11 PM