Aug 04, 2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Discussion

Fly For Tots

This is a great fly-in for a great cause. The RCRC Fly For Tots will be donating 100% of our proceeds to the Victory Junction Gang Camp again in 2008.

The Victory Junction Gang Camp enriches the lives of children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses.

This fly-in was able to raise $17,000.00 for the Victory Junction Gang Camp in 2007.

You can check it all out here:
http://www.flyfortots.com/
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2008, 04:58 PM
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Holy Cow, it's that time of year already folks! The RDRC 18th annual "Fly for Tots" is jussssssssst around the corner, and it's already looking to be bigger than last year. For those not familiar with the RDRC FFT, this is an annual event held by the Raleigh Durham Radio Control club. It's main purpose is to raise as much money as possible in a two day period, and donate ALL of our income to a selected charity. Last year we raised a whop'n $17,000 in two days, through raffle ticket sales, food sales, pilot registration, and donations given by spectators. 100% of the proceeds were given to the "Victory Junction Camp" located in the heart of NASCAR country. This year, the "VJC" has been chosen again, and we're really excited about helping this really special group of folks. If youre not familiar with what they do, you can find lots of information about them and all of the RDRC FFT details on our new web-site at www.flyfortots.com

On this site, you can get detailed info about "VJC", our biggest money maker,"raffle ticket" sales, pre-registration for the event, hotels, directions to the event, time's ,dates, demo's, the 18 year history of the event, pictures and video from past FFT events, and much more. You also get a list of our many great sponsors, and you can even purchase advance sales raffle tickets for the event. You can win goodies and support the event, even if you can't make it to the show!

Oh, and lets not forget the FUN we all have at FFT. This is one of the few events around that you can fly ANYTHING! In fact, not only has this grown to be the largest event in NC, it is the largest _FLY ANYTHING_ event in the USA!

So be sure and check out our new FFT web-site, and our club web site at www.RD-RC.org as well. Better yet, start making plans to attend the event... NOW!

www.flyfortots.com
www.rd-rc.org
Aug 04, 2008, 05:11 PM
Fly Faster
Before the thread gets rolling I want to send out a HUGE thank you to my friend, Jim T., and the entire RCGroups.com crew. Over the last few years this event has grown leaps and bounds. It is getting up there with events like SEFF, D.O.G.S. and others. This year will put us in a new category and we are extremely excited about this. Over these last few years Jim has given us a platform to further develop this event into what it is today and without his, RCGroups and countless other members of our vast modeling community's faith and support.....it simply would not be the Fly For Tots we have come to anticipate every year.

Thank you Jim T., Jim B. and everyone here at RCGroups.com!

Chris
Aug 04, 2008, 05:20 PM
Fly Faster
If anyone wants to help support this event and cannot make the trip to enjoy the flying with us, I politely encourage you to make this image your avatar until the event arrives. Everyones support is tremendously appreciated! The cause you will be supporting is incredible. I also encourage you to go to http://www.flyfortots.com and watch the video about the Victory Junction Gang on the front page.

Thanks!!!

Chris
Aug 04, 2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the link
Aug 05, 2008, 06:15 PM
Fly Faster
Here is a list of our sponsors to date: (I will update this list as new sponsors join in) Please support these fine folks! Their support to us is ultimately the difference that we are empowered to make in children's lives through our events success and we are indebted to them for their faith.
Aug 06, 2008, 11:24 AM
I will certianly be there with several guys from my club in Hickory, N.C.
www.wham-rc.org

Loads of fun with all different kinds of aircraft/helis & powerplants; great charity above all else though.

Greg Hames
Aug 06, 2008, 07:35 PM
Fly Faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by triangle0
I will certianly be there with several guys from my club in Hickory, N.C.
www.wham-rc.org

Loads of fun with all different kinds of aircraft/helis & powerplants; great charity above all else though.

Greg Hames
Awesome, Greg! We look forward to seeing you!
Aug 06, 2008, 10:18 PM
Fly Faster
It has just been announced that the AMA will be in attendance this year and the one and only Dave Mathewson is going to be in the house!
Aug 07, 2008, 11:52 AM
What the Pfotenhauer?
Alright! Thanks for the new avitar. This year is gonna be HUGE!
Aug 08, 2008, 06:12 AM
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
FFT website test.... please have a look at flyfortots.com, and see if thinks look "right" to y'all. One of the guys mentioned the header looked compressed over to the LH side of the page on their browser. If you see formatting issues, please tell us what browser you're using (Firefox, IE, etc) and what your monitor resolution is. We've been testing it on several computers/resolutions here, and can't find the problem.

Thanks!
Dave
Aug 08, 2008, 02:11 PM
Blew out my flip flop
Dave,

Looks fine to me. For some reason, AOL 9.0 VR wont load the page when I click it, but does when I cut/paste it. IE works both ways

Later,
David
Aug 09, 2008, 08:46 AM
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
Dave,

Looks fine to me. For some reason, AOL 9.0 VR wont load the page when I click it, but does when I cut/paste it. IE works both ways

Later,
David

Thankyavurymuch!
Dave
Aug 11, 2008, 11:04 PM
Fly Faster
How's this for a GRAND PRIZE? Anyone can win and you don't have to be present!