Aug 03, 2008, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Canon Powershot G9

Does anybody know if this camera has live view out trough the video out?
I.e, if I connect G9 to the TV can I see the same as the camera is looking at for the moment, in real time?

Thanks
tritan
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2008, 10:11 PM
MWP
MWP
Hi tritan

The video out is live. Note the overlay details and the audio sounds such as shutter are not available.

Mark
Aug 04, 2008, 12:01 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Mark
Aug 04, 2008, 11:34 AM
HeliAP'er!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWP
Hi tritan

The video out is live. Note the overlay details and the audio sounds such as shutter are not available.

Mark
By overlay details do you mean shutter speed settings etc? You will see exactly what you see on the screen, on the video out, overlays and all

Cheers

David
Aug 04, 2008, 09:58 PM
MWP
MWP
I guess you really can't believe every thing you read, even when you’ve written it yourself.
I had incorrectly remembered video out results. Planning to use the CAMremote trigger plugged into the mini USB jack which will then disable the overlay function.

Thank you David for setting me straight.
Sorry for the confusion tritan.
Mark
Aug 05, 2008, 12:31 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys,

I just read about the new Panasonic DMC-LX3 which will compete head to head with the G9, also will have HD video......... release sometime in August.
Aug 05, 2008, 05:12 AM
Interesting Tritan!

I wonder how much it weighs - probably around 8-10 oz which is a bit on the high side for me...

/Björn
Aug 05, 2008, 09:24 AM
Thread OP
Hi Björn!

Well, I left the Soarstick and went with a highly modified Thunder Tiger OBL (177cm wingspan) instead (T-tail, separate ailerons and flaps etc etc). Also I have a Logo 10, no AP with that yet, but hopefully in about 2 month.

I would guess the OBL could take a 1kg load no problem.

Now, it doesnt seems that the LX series have live video view but I do hope so otherwise I will have to have a separate camera eye, if I dont go and buy the G9 that is!

But I will definitly wait for the LX3 to compare.

Tritan
Aug 05, 2008, 01:06 PM
Hi Tritan,

I saw your new bird in the TM thread - very nice indeed! Will watch out for the LX3 definitely too...

OT; Did you get my PM by the way?

Björn
Aug 05, 2008, 01:45 PM
Thread OP
I have flown my TT OBL *Special* about 10 flights now - really sweet !!! Have Spartan 2000 with IR and it works just great. Also Askman mount on belly and downlink. Flaps works great, half way down makes it very stable even in windy condition. Full flaps for vey short landnings - in opposite to the Telemaster which tends to float forever.
Next I will try butterfly mixing. When I go to heli this will be my FPV plane.

Now, if they just could release that LX3 ........

(send you a PM, icebear)

Quick Reply