Jul 31, 2008, 07:20 PM
heli knife edge
Thread OP
Discussion

HeliDirect Lost shipment experiences - Fast Recovery, Impressive Customer Service

One of my orders shipped through FEDEX ground with this vendor apparently may have been delivered at a wrong address and thus is probably lost. Upon calling FEDEX customer support, I was politely advised that they will put a trace on the package, and that I also should contact the shipper, HeliDirect to initiate a claim and a trace.

Checking HeliDirect's website for support I came across a disclaimer that under certain conditions, like shipment through FEDEX with package being left at the door, HeliDirect will not be responsible for lost items.

At any rate, I filed a support ticket at their website as well as through voice mail and email.

Not to pass on judgment or preempt any good will from HeliDirect and FEDEX, my concern is what is the value of having opted for insurance during checkout of an order? Is there any guarantee of protection for any purchases that in case of delivery gone bad, that the customer can still recover?

Any advice or inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by dbflier; Aug 01, 2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Out of context per reply, requests the moderator to move to Vendor Talk thread.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2008, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbflier
One of my orders shipped through FEDEX ground with this vendor apparently may have been delivered at a wrong address and thus is probably lost. Upon calling FEDEX customer support, I was politely advised that they will put a trace on the package, and that I also should contact the shipper, HeliDirect to initiate a claim and a trace.

Checking HeliDirect's website for support I came across a disclaimer that under certain conditions, like shipment through FEDEX with package being left at the door, HeliDirect will not be responsible for lost items.

At any rate, I filed a support ticket at their website as well as through voice mail and email.

Not to pass on judgment or preempt any good will from HeliDirect and FEDEX, my concern is what is the value of having opted for insurance during checkout of an order? Is there any guarantee of protection for any purchases that in case of delivery gone bad, that the customer can still recover?

Any advice or inputs will be greatly appreciated.
this post is in the wrong place i am not Helidirect.
-johnw
Aug 01, 2008, 12:51 PM
heli knife edge
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
this post is in the wrong place i am not Helidirect.
-johnw
John, My apologies... May I request the moderator to move this to Vendor Talk thread. Thanks.

Latest update:

Guess who just rang at my door, just now or a few seconds ago - FEDEX with the package!
I'm impressed at the 3D snappy fast and prompt service of HeliDirect!
Kudos to their commendable customer support!

Sincerely.
Daniel
Last edited by dbflier; Aug 01, 2008 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Lost Package recovered and delivered!
Aug 03, 2008, 10:04 AM
One thing you have to determine is if the vendor has put the wrong address on the package.
Then it is THEIR fault and responsibility.

Sheldon's did this to me, and did refund me, but only after a horrible experience with profanity used toward me. Some places have 1980 level IT setups, and they have to hand enter the shipping address, which can cause this to happen.

Bill

Quick Reply