Nov 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
It's watts for dinner
Russ - do you know if the servos you replaced were the RCLander LS1s (positioned as cheap/economy) or the LS2s, which they say are either CF or metal?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjw985
Russ - do you know if the servos you replaced were the RCLander LS1s (positioned as cheap/economy) or the LS2s, which they say are either CF or metal?
I ordered from the RC Lander factory WITHOUT servos so I never got 'em, except the nose steering servo and I'm not worried if that one goes out in the big scheme of things.
Nov 30, 2012, 04:26 PM

Club Pictures

Man is it nice to have friends with great equipment and talent...
Dec 02, 2012, 04:56 PM
Russ - nice photos thanks for sharing.......love the flaps down and coming in shot.

Regards
Mike
Last edited by flmlm; Dec 02, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Dec 02, 2012, 05:42 PM

gear doors

Russ,
Nice flying and nice Panther. Max at Parkrcmodels has a nice gear door kit for the Panther. Just FYI your main gear is on backwards, wheels should be to the inside, lest the scale police get you, lol.
Dec 03, 2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpflyer
Russ,
Nice flying and nice Panther. Max at Parkrcmodels has a nice gear door kit for the Panther. Just FYI your main gear is on backwards, wheels should be to the inside, lest the scale police get you, lol.
I'm glad you mentioned that...I did replace the main wheels with smaller ones but this was how they were from the factory and I thought the same thing but I figured factory knew better...but it may just have been a 12 year old Chinese worker that had a bad day

I just didn't want to mess with the gear doors even though they are nice.

My Panther went down yesterday due to running out of power. It just landed hard on gear in tall grass so it only tore off one wing tank (cleanly and already glued back on) and dented the nose (already replaced with one on hand). So it's ready again. BUT there is a weak part of the landing gear system in that on a hard landing it can come right through the wing...I got a little crack line on top of my wing but just wicked some thin CA in it and all appears to be well.

I have been running 40C-4s-4000 Zippy's in it for 4 minutes and then landing with no problem. I put a 4500 Zippy of same specs and it started pulsing at 3:55 when I was on a landing gear pass and too low to turn off throttle and then back on to get a enough power to make it to the runway. I clicked my landing gear to go up but it didn't take before it landed in the grass. It landed pretty much on mains, nose gear and then flipped over on back. It took a pretty good shot so I'm happy that no more damage was done. I will reset timer for 3:30 for all my batteries for now. Admittedly, I fly at 80-100% throttle most of the time so time is shorter than it might be otherwise.
Last edited by RGS2010; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Dec 03, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hey guys lost my canopy in flight this weekend, we had low clouds that I went into. The Panther disappeared, then reimerges sans canopy!

Anyway if anyone has an extra canopy please let me know.
Last edited by nighthawk0077; Dec 03, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Dec 03, 2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077
Hey guys lost my canopy on flight this weekend, we had low clouds that I went into. The Panther disappeared, then reimerges sans canopy!

Anyway if anyone has an extra canopy please let me know.
http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=601
Dec 03, 2012, 12:27 PM
Don't know if you need just this or whole foam part...

If not, call Max at ParkRCModels.com and he can probably get it for you.
Dec 03, 2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077
Yes, opened up two large ducts on the sides of the fuse. Fan now has plenty of flow, the top spring loaded intake doors barely flinch now.

Only problem is I'm only getting 1400watts and 64amps out of my fan. This is on a 6S 3700 25C Zippy Compact. Battery is at ~21.8V under full load. Buddy of mine with the same fan is getting almost 1700watts peak and 75amps with a 6S 4000 25C nano.
A picture would be awsome if time permits since your system seems to work. If you were interested in, I could measure the amps on mine Lander DPS 10 blade. I have a 6s 4000 40C.
Dec 03, 2012, 05:23 PM
This is what I was going for, mine is no where near that pretty but does work.
Dec 03, 2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
Don't know if you need just this or whole foam part...

If not, call Max at ParkRCModels.com and he can probably get it for you.
Thanks for the link but I need the entire canopy. The plastic locking clip broke off and I guess the tape I used wasn't up to the job.
Dec 03, 2012, 06:29 PM
That is a good cheater design and implementation Nighthawk!!
Thanks for that great idea! I will do that!
Dec 04, 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
That is a good cheater design and implementation Nighthawk!!
Thanks for that great idea! I will do that!
+1 a professional job!
Dec 04, 2012, 05:32 PM
killickb
Doesn't Sparky still sell a canopy/nose cone set? Pretty sure I bought one a year or so ago. Nose cone was from thicker plastic and I think a cockpit kit was included?

Quick Reply