New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:22 AM
mike2663 is offline
Find More Posts by mike2663
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
mike2663's Avatar
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190617

I built something similar to this. The foam pipe covering didn't work well and I simplified it overall. You'll get the general idea though and can mod it to you needs.
Mike
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:51 PM
AlphaWhisky is offline
Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
Alpha Whisky

Bungee Launcher


trjw - Hi John,

Sent you a PM. Basic details of my launcher:-

20mm plastic conduit top rails are 800mm long. I did intend for 1000mm long, but that was all I had available at the time.

The bungee rubber is 6.000 (20 ft.) long. This stuff is 6mm surgical rubber ex Clarke Rubber here in town. Very expensive but works very well. I see HK have two different weights of bungee rubber advertised at a fraction of what I paid.

The longer of the two cords is just short of 3.000 (10 ft.)

The front end of the rubber is pinned to the ground with a standard metal tent peg as is the back end of the pedal trigger. The launch ramp can be moved forwards and backwards to suit the model on the ramp.

My rule-of-thumb for model setup is to locate the simple launch hook approx 2/3 of the distance back from the nose and the CG.

I tension the rubber to approx five times the weight of the model. Measured the first time with fishing scales and paced out thereafter...

It all works pretty well for me....

Alan W
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:03 AM
Gamerjoe is offline
Find More Posts by Gamerjoe
Registered User
Gamerjoe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
remember CG at 62mm from wing mold not 75mm
Thanks, I have the CG perfect and it flies awesome. I just experience what many peopel say happens with this aircraft, which is that it likes to balloon if you fully cut the throttle at slow speeds. I flew it three more times today and learned that it lands perfectly if I just cut the throttle fully while it is about 50 feet in the air and maybe 50 feet away from the runway. It will just glide right in and land with ease on a dead stick. Amazing EDF!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 01:37 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerjoe View Post
Thanks, I have the CG perfect and it flies awesome. I just experience what many peopel say happens with this aircraft, which is that it likes to balloon if you fully cut the throttle at slow speeds. I flew it three more times today and learned that it lands perfectly if I just cut the throttle fully while it is about 50 feet in the air and maybe 50 feet away from the runway. It will just glide right in and land with ease on a dead stick. Amazing EDF!
this will happen on low wind speeds.. If there is strong headwinf i always come in with 1/4 of throttle or so...
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:08 PM
topher39 is offline
Find More Posts by topher39
Registered User
After some encouragement from a fellow Panther fanatic/pilot Kevin, I started doing some drawings based on some 3 views I found, combined with a vintage Grumman logo and vintage unit patch for VF-781 "The Pacemakers" I put together a design for a a New "I Fly A Panther" shirt. I found the design works well with several color background. I just printed up 3 shirts for Kevin and they came out great, complete with his name on the sleeve and chest. Let me know what you think.
If you would like me to print you up a couple shoot me a PM.

I have the Cougar in Navy Blue and the Panther in the Gull Gray and Orange/Red stripes - guess I need to do some more color schemes or get another Panther in Blue! Wish HobbyKing would get more in.
Last edited by topher39; Sep 29, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:13 PM
jpflyer is offline
Find More Posts by jpflyer
Registered User

shirts


Nice shirts Topher, you planning on marketing them?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:21 PM
topher39 is offline
Find More Posts by topher39
Registered User
I was just on ParkRC Website looking at perhaps getting myself into yet another Panther. I see they say "Now available in SuperEPO" - I am used to the older Panthers with that very dense foam bead, very rigid foam, not like the EPO of say the Airfield Warbirds. Is this Super EPO really new or just another name for the typical Lander foam. Anybody?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:23 PM
topher39 is offline
Find More Posts by topher39
Registered User
jpflyer - I have several other shirt designs all for RC Pilots, thought I would add this into the mix. PM me if your interested in a shirt or two.

Thanks for your feedback JP!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:22 AM
Gamerjoe is offline
Find More Posts by Gamerjoe
Registered User
Gamerjoe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher39 View Post
After some encouragement from a fellow Panther fanatic/pilot Kevin, I started doing some drawings based on some 3 views I found, combined with a vintage Grumman logo and vintage unit patch for VF-781 "The Pacemakers" I put together a design for a a New "I Fly A Panther" shirt. I found the design works well with several color background. I just printed up 3 shirts for Kevin and they came out great, complete with his name on the sleeve and chest. Let me know what you think.
If you would like me to print you up a couple shoot me a PM.

I have the Cougar in Navy Blue and the Panther in the Gull Gray and Orange/Red stripes - guess I need to do some more color schemes or get another Panther in Blue! Wish HobbyKing would get more in.
I can't wait to get them!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:47 AM
chas650r is offline
Find More Posts by chas650r
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher39 View Post
I was just on ParkRC Website looking at perhaps getting myself into yet another Panther. I see they say "Now available in SuperEPO" - I am used to the older Panthers with that very dense foam bead, very rigid foam, not like the EPO of say the Airfield Warbirds. Is this Super EPO really new or just another name for the typical Lander foam. Anybody?
dont know if there is a 3rd type of foam but i doubt it . v1 was eps , then came the other more rubbery , heavier epo .

chuck.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:57 AM
topher39 is offline
Find More Posts by topher39
Registered User
Thanks Chuck, I appreciate your feedback. Max from Park RC Models e-mailed me and explained SEPO is the same as Super EPO - Duh! I guess I should have picked up on that one. Same foam.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:23 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
maybe tim wan can clear this epo thing out
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:46 AM
chas650r is offline
Find More Posts by chas650r
chuck
your welcome, 39
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:45 AM
Parkflying is online now
Find More Posts by Parkflying
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher39 View Post
I was just on ParkRC Website looking at perhaps getting myself into yet another Panther. I see they say "Now available in SuperEPO" - I am used to the older Panthers with that very dense foam bead, very rigid foam, not like the EPO of say the Airfield Warbirds. Is this Super EPO really new or just another name for the typical Lander foam. Anybody?
Yep, we don't make this stuff up!
Here is a part of the RCL Price sheet that shows this is how they reference this type of foam
Also here is a link to a post that Tim Explains his choice of foams for his jets: Tim's Explanation of his foam choices

Hope this helps

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:48 AM
Parkflying is online now
Find More Posts by Parkflying
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
maybe tim wan can clear this epo thing out
No need. Check out my post on this subject
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4589
Site Sponsor


Thread Tools