New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Aug 14, 2011, 09:05 PM
AlphaWhisky is offline
Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
Alpha Whisky
I eventually got that cockpit hatch off - had to push like crazy from the underside. I can`t see how I will ever get it to release once the bottom forward fuselage is glued on.

Will definitely change the catch detail - will look at shifting the plastic two-pin thingy forward from the aft end and maybe putting a magnet back there ...

Another minor mod I will do as learned from my recent HK F-18. I have made up a plug from scrap foam to fit inside the flimsy nose cone. This time I will glue the nose cone in place last in case I might need to add some nose weightand in there will be the ideal location .....

Alan W
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:23 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWhisky View Post
I eventually got that cockpit hatch off - had to push like crazy from the underside. I can`t see how I will ever get it to release once the bottom forward fuselage is glued on.

Will definitely change the catch detail - will look at shifting the plastic two-pin thingy forward from the aft end and maybe putting a magnet back there ...

Another minor mod I will do as learned from my recent HK F-18. I have made up a plug from scrap foam to fit inside the flimsy nose cone. This time I will glue the nose cone in place last in case I might need to add some nose weightand in there will be the ideal location .....

Alan W
did the same thing on the nose cone with my F-22. It's a good place to hide the leads
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:05 AM
Gamerjoe is offline
Find More Posts by Gamerjoe
Registered User
Gamerjoe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWhisky View Post
I eventually got that cockpit hatch off - had to push like crazy from the underside. I can`t see how I will ever get it to release once the bottom forward fuselage is glued on.

Will definitely change the catch detail - will look at shifting the plastic two-pin thingy forward from the aft end and maybe putting a magnet back there ...

Alan W
Wow, I am having the same issue with my canopy! I am pressing pretty hard from underneath and I do not see this thing coming off without breaking it.

If I ever manage to get the canopy off, will I need to trim foam to make it fit better for battery changes?
Old Sep 02, 2011, 02:23 AM
AlphaWhisky is offline
Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
Alpha Whisky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerjoe View Post
Wow, I am having the same issue with my canopy! I am pressing pretty hard from underneath and I do not see this thing coming off without breaking it.

If I ever manage to get the canopy off, will I need to trim foam to make it fit better for battery changes?
Sure, it`s a neat fit but I don`t see it as an issue for trimming any foam. Seems to me that the plastic catch is just too tight and there is no handle or lever there to help release it. I`ll still intend to go the magnetic catch way.

I`m currently held up awaiting delivery of extension leads so I can glue the tail in place. While waiting I took out that nasty little snowman pilot and replaced him with a more acceptable HK guy ....

Alan W
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:39 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
yeap.. The problem is the plastic catch...
Havent done any mods yet to add magnets but i should to be honest

And then there is the pilot i also replaced it with an rclander pilot
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:23 AM
topher39 is offline
Find More Posts by topher39
Registered User
(shifting the plastic two-pin thingy forward from the aft end and maybe putting a magnet back there ...)

That is exactly what I did with my hatch, swapped the plastic 2 pit to the front and 2 rare earth magnets to the back, used two flat head counter sunk wood screws into the foam for the magnets to cling to. I did shave some foam off the rear of the hatch because on mine the tight fit lengthwise was making the hatch bow just a bit in the center.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:28 PM
Mannyman535 is offline
Find More Posts by Mannyman535
edf flyer
Mannyman535's Avatar

maiden


I maiden the panther today, i like this one better than my cougar, but it was hard to see, the grey and blue drowned out in the sky. but flew nice with the sapac mb1, with a 5s 3000 pack.
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:02 PM
DaveBC is offline
Find More Posts by DaveBC
Obessive Compulsive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
I maiden the panther today, i like this one better than my cougar, but it was hard to see, the grey and blue drowned out in the sky. but flew nice with the sapac mb1, with a 5s 3000 pack.
Sapac MB-1 Black Tornado on 5S will melt its motor mounts if its not mounted on an alloy EDF. (ask me how I know)
Old Sep 03, 2011, 01:39 AM
Mannyman535 is offline
Find More Posts by Mannyman535
edf flyer
Mannyman535's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBC View Post
Sapac MB-1 Black Tornado on 5S will melt its motor mounts if its not mounted on an alloy EDF. (ask me how I know)
I have never had a problem. It pulls just over 1000 watts
@ 70-80 amps. I had it in my sapac l-39 composite
Old Sep 03, 2011, 02:58 AM
DaveBC is offline
Find More Posts by DaveBC
Obessive Compulsive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
I have never had a problem. It pulls just over 1000 watts
@ 70-80 amps. I had it in my sapac l-39 composite
Hmmm that's seems pretty low.. you should be getting more like 1600 - 1750 watts with that on 5S. Are you useing a good 40C or better pak? Is your ESC timing set to Hi (15 to 22 degrees)?
Old Sep 03, 2011, 03:08 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
I wonder why ppl still go with the sapac which is an amp hog and can destroy batteries when they can have something much more powerfull on that amp draw.
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:25 AM
SMorrisRC is offline
Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
You win again gravity!
SMorrisRC's Avatar
Because its an inexpensive way to get that power.
Old Sep 03, 2011, 07:56 AM
Mannyman535 is offline
Find More Posts by Mannyman535
edf flyer
Mannyman535's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBC View Post
Hmmm that's seems pretty low.. you should be getting more like 1600 - 1750 watts with that on 5S. Are you useing a good 40C or better pak? Is your ESC timing set to Hi (15 to 22 degrees)?
My packs are 20c. And the motor is only rated for 1000w max
Old Sep 03, 2011, 07:57 AM
Mannyman535 is offline
Find More Posts by Mannyman535
edf flyer
Mannyman535's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
I wonder why ppl still go with the sapac which is an amp hog and can destroy batteries when they can have something much more powerfull on that amp draw.
What motor would u recommend
Old Sep 03, 2011, 09:01 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorrisRC View Post
Because its an inexpensive way to get that power.
well I get 1000watts + on 4s with 65amp draw with my rclander EDF unit. Runs cool and smooth.
some have tried it on 5S with success.

oh and forgot to mention thatit's only 65usd from HK
Last edited by pavcon; Sep 03, 2011 at 09:19 AM.


Thread Tools