Jul 27, 2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowery1
Thanks, I went ahead and flew the panther tonight and it did fine where I had the CG....Kept wanting to climb though....Sooooo, I moved the lipo a little forward and I'll try it again tomorrow if the weather cooperates....had a pretty good glide path for landing ...slow flight was pretty good as well..The plate the nose gear is attatched to broke loose though...Had to epoxy it back in..looked like it was hot glued in.....Looking forward to the next mission!!
Which Panther do you have?? 6s, 4S, PVC, gear doors flaps etc??

Congratulations on a successful first flight!!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2009, 09:26 PM
Mine is the 4S version.....I'm using Zippy 4S 4900mah lipo's....No flaps or gear doors....I was surprised how well it handled those heavy lipo's.....Should get some pretty good flight times out of those..
Jul 27, 2009, 09:34 PM
Insta: Check5_Av8r
One more Panther takes to the skies...
Jul 28, 2009, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowery1
Thanks, I went ahead and flew the panther tonight and it did fine where I had the CG....Kept wanting to climb though....Sooooo, I moved the lipo a little forward and I'll try it again tomorrow if the weather cooperates....had a pretty good glide path for landing ...slow flight was pretty good as well..The plate the nose gear is attatched to broke loose though...Had to epoxy it back in..looked like it was hot glued in.....Looking forward to the next mission!!
Congrats on the good flight! Know what you mean by the front plate coming loose.
I'm working on a mod to strengthen it a lot. Will have pictures soon, I just need a little of 10mm stick, I run out 1/2 way through.
Last edited by Vasy; Jul 28, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
Jul 28, 2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Beautiful F9F8! I'd LOVE to see a Cougar from Tim. So few models exist.
Thanks

Max
Jul 28, 2009, 07:04 PM
Still Screamin'!
I would LOVE a Cougar
Jul 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
I just started a new thread so you could post your encouragement to Tim to consider the Cougar as his next project OR suggest one of your favorites for his consideration for his next project to bring to market.

You can find the thread here

I have just offered Tim my complete library on the Cougar so he has all the references he needs for markings, color schemes and features for the Cougar should he decide to offer it.

If you think it is a good candidate, let him know,

Max
Last edited by Parkflying; Jul 28, 2009 at 07:48 PM.
Jul 28, 2009, 09:29 PM

front landig mod.

What do you guys think of this mod?

I hope that it will transfer some of the load from landing through the fuselage and not rip the plate out as easy as it does now.
I can still fit two 3000mah cells, so space is ok.

Any better suggestions?
Jul 28, 2009, 09:47 PM
Still Screamin'!
That will help the entire front end from flexing on landings. Should work out very well
Jul 28, 2009, 11:54 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
Just about everyone that has a Panther loves them and the way they fly. Me included. I reckon a Cougar would be awesome as well. Is the Cougar the same dimensions as the panther except for the swept wing? What I would like to know is if Tim decides to make a Cougar, will the swept wing make much of a difference to how the model flys?
Jul 29, 2009, 12:55 AM
get a hunter

I'd like something different in looks. Twin 76mm Mig31 would be cool.
I'm still waiting for Mig17 to be sold.
Jul 29, 2009, 01:21 AM
I hear you Vasy! If he is to make another Navy plane then a f-14 would be nice : - )
Jul 29, 2009, 03:40 AM
Always around.......
Sign me up for a Cougar.

Jason
Jul 29, 2009, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay
Sign me up for a Cougar.

Jason
If you really want a Cougar, check out a local bar, I'm sure you can find one.
Jul 29, 2009, 09:10 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Anyone here got the kahoons to chop up their Panther and mod it into a couger?

Quick Reply