Jul 30, 2008, 01:15 PM
Thread OP
Fly-In

WORLDS FIRST E-JET RALLY !!! DFW/Texas

The Worlds First E-Jet Rally

Sponsored by Castle Creations, Hobby Lobby, Horizon Hobby, 2DogRC, Electric Jet Factory with more being added daily.

Hawk Field Flyers will be hosting The Worlds First E-jet Rally. October 4th and 5th, 2008

This event is listed in the AMA’s Model Aviation Magazine, August 2008 issue. This two day event will be held at Hawk Field in Mansfield Texas. A map may be found at www.hawkfield.org The field will be open Friday, October 3rd and camping is allowed but there are no hook-ups.

We will be offering awards and prizes for:
* THE MOST AEROBATIC E-JET
* THE FASTEST E-JET
* THE BEST OF SHOW E-JET but it must fly.
* 3 ROUNDS OF E-JET COMBAT for the fun of it.
* SORRY NO SLIMMERS ALLOWED
no nitros or gas models allowed.

Electric Ducted Fan Jets, Pusher Prop E-jets and Pusher Prop flying wings Only invited to this historic event.

Bring a camera along as we are expecting to see some spectatular models and events worth photographing. A landing fee of $10.00 per day which includes lunch. Spectaters can purchase lunches for $5.00 each.
Last edited by irone; Aug 18, 2008 at 05:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2008, 09:05 PM
Same weekend as BEST
Jul 30, 2008, 10:45 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
if it is really an E-Jet rally, why allow props of any kind in?
Jul 31, 2008, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo
if it is really an E-Jet rally, why allow props of any kind in?
I understand the must be completely scale attitude but there is always nine ways to skin a cat. I suggest that one is tollarant of others and enjoys both sides of the coin. We will all be there to have fun and share ideas and skills with one another. Chill, Management.
Jul 31, 2008, 05:11 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast

Ack!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRush99
Same weekend as BEST
...What Stuart said....

Sure you can't move this event to the following weekend???

Bummer...maybe next year...
Latest blog entry: For your viewing pleasure
Jul 31, 2008, 10:38 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
sorry, but props scare me.
guess that makes me intolerant.
Jul 31, 2008, 10:45 PM
Electric Coolhunter
I read about this event and was disappointed that it was set for the same traditional weekend as BEST.

Next year, slip it back a week from BEST so that it does not conflict, if you can.

I probably have more flyable EDF models (8 and more coming.....) than nearly anyone in a 75 mile radius....this would have been great to attend.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Aug 06, 2008, 09:13 PM
just a heads up...An edf only jet event will be held in september in central ohio.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809023

http://torks.com/JetScramble/JS-EJETS.html
Aug 06, 2008, 09:25 PM
Electrocuted
Please establish a new date.
Thank you for your consideration.
Rowe
Aug 07, 2008, 08:21 AM
move it back a week if you can! i would love to go and attend / fly, but thats the weekend of BEST.

Kirk
Aug 07, 2008, 01:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
just a heads up...An edf only jet event will be held in september in central ohio.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809023

http://torks.com/JetScramble/JS-EJETS.html
That event is being billed as E-Jets 2008, not a rally. Also thier event is limited to e-ducted fans only from what I gather. Basically just an e-jet fun fly, with guys flying circuits around the field, waahoo!

It's funny that we get almost the same idea at the same time. In Contrast though, in Texas, we will have all types of e-jets flying, speed runs, e-jet combat, and e-jet 3D all of which are extreme flying designed to raise everyones blood pressure. We also will have something a little more laid back with the best of show, scale award. All in all, I think for the ultimate experience of what e-jets are all about, The Worlds First E-Jet Rally will kick a$$.

================================================== ==========================
I love the smell of lipos in the mornings !
Last edited by irone; Aug 07, 2008 at 02:05 PM.
Aug 07, 2008, 02:04 PM
Thread OP
To you guys with the request to move this event.

We had no choice as to dates available this year with AMA and publishing. I can promise you that this will not happen next time around. We want every single one of you to join us that possibly can.

Would you rather have it before or after best next year ?
Aug 07, 2008, 02:24 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by irone
To you guys with the request to move this event...Would you rather have it before or after best next year ?
My vote is for AFTER.

DEAF is usually the week before BEST. Perhaps moving this event two weeks after BEST would be recommended. I don't know about you guys but my my wife would kill me if I was gone three weekends in a row for e-RC mayhem!

...but that would be SO AWESOME!

-Lee
Last edited by YarSmythe; Aug 09, 2008 at 10:13 PM.
Aug 07, 2008, 11:34 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Two weeks after DEAF would be good for me.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Aug 08, 2008, 05:12 PM

Edf

2 weeks after BEST or more would work for me! Thanks, EK.

Quick Reply