Jul 29, 2008, 01:55 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

new e-sky ek1h-020 big coaxial

good morning,

does anybody have any information abt size and release date of the new e-sky big coax with ref ek1h-e020 as per below pic ? I heard it would be +/-sept 2008 but could not find more info abt it

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/3730/100ng8.png

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2008, 11:57 AM
Registered Addict
OH! This is interesting.

I've been waiting for something bigger than the lama etc.
Jul 29, 2008, 12:00 PM
sacramento , CA
jezz how big is that thing?? wonder how it flies in the wind
Jul 30, 2008, 04:08 AM
If your looking for a bigger coax maybe art-techs helis is of interest.
Here is a pic of a comparison btw lama and Eagle eye
Jul 30, 2008, 06:24 AM
I fly ghetto stuff.
What makes it different than the Walkera 53#1? It has been out for more than a year yet it failed to make an impact as a "bigger lama" for some reason.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887923

Now, why is that?
Jul 30, 2008, 07:26 AM
Registered Addict
Velktron:

I believe it's cause it isn't that much bigger, it's "only" around 100 grams more,
and longer. But still it is bigger, but not enough

For me to buy a large coax to have in my collection with the lama, it needs
to be twice the size or larger. For example the new Walkera 38
Jul 30, 2008, 01:44 PM
I fly ghetto stuff.
Well, there are some limits on the sizes of the rotors and motors:

Rotors can't get much bigger while still being made from that flexy black vinyl stuff, so there would be a weight and cost boost if they used wood or PP plastic instead.

Then, the motors and the flight mechanism themselves: the approach of using two mechanically decoupled motors and an electronic feedback mechanism for the gyro works reasonably well with 180 class or smaller motors, and also with the 370 class motors as it seems, but it has its limits: you need closely matched motors and a rather precise differential speed control, which is just not worth finetuning for larger motors/larger powers.

Also, a larger coax would have NOT to be FP, twin motor and with flexy blades: imagine getting blade clashes, death rolls, and uncontrollable, uncancellable spinning on a larger coaxial! They would lose their "toy" innocence, so to speak, and become much more dangerous than they are now.

Since the days where a CP coaxial with a single brushless motor will be as affordable as as, say, a Honey Bee King 2 are still too far away, we may see some hybrid approaches e.g. Single Motor, interconnected FP rotors and a tail rotor for yawing (I just hope they make shaft driven models too...). Hell, even a coax + pusher prop configuration is more probable than seeing an economic coax CP anytime soon!

In other words, there's the need for a more reliable design and different materials/mechanics/electronics to make an upscale coaxial beyond what has been already achieved.
Last edited by Velktron; Jul 30, 2008 at 07:33 PM.
Jul 30, 2008, 03:24 PM
Resident Skeptican
I wouldn't mind a coax with collective pitch. It'd be nice to be able to have forward speed without gaining altitude at the same time.
Jul 30, 2008, 04:42 PM
Front Yard Flyer
Alot of people would like to see a cp co-ax. So far none has made it to market.
You would think e-sky could pull it off, but so far nothing.
Jul 30, 2008, 07:32 PM
I fly ghetto stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decnav
Alot of people would like to see a cp co-ax. So far none has made it to market.
You would think e-sky could pull it off, but so far nothing.
It's just too complex to do economically. We're more probable to see mixed approaches like FP coaxials with a tail rotor (like walkera announced but still isn't selling) or even single-swash CP lower motor with an upper FP rotor + flybar, with or without a tail rotor.

As a sidenote, a large electric or gas-powered coaxial has to use mechanically interconnected rotors, so CP or FP with tail rotor is a must. Imagine trying to tune TWO nitro engines with a gyro to spin at nearly the same RPM without excessive throttling up and down...
Aug 12, 2008, 04:23 AM
Thread OP

esky ek1h-020

some info seen on a german site

http://shops.channeladvisor.de/epage...anal%20E020%22

still in preparation ( in vorbereitung...)
Aug 12, 2008, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0512
some info seen on a german site

http://shops.channeladvisor.de/epage...anal%20E020%22

still in preparation ( in vorbereitung...)
The picture states 50 cm in length..... hmmmm
Aug 12, 2008, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altronpower
The picture states 50 cm in length..... hmmmm
That's within the ballpark for 450mm rotors. Which the french forums said it had. The walkera helis with 450mm rotors are between 440 and 470mm.
Aug 12, 2008, 02:42 PM
some early german helis

WW2 German / Nazi Helicopters part 1 : Where Eagles Dare (3 min 31 sec)
Aug 26, 2008, 08:49 PM
Resident Skeptican
The EK1-E020 is supposed to be available at the end of August and shipping at the beginning of September for all that were interested.

The swashplate doesn't connect to the middle of the sides of the blade holders on it, it connects to the ends of either side of the blade holder opposite each other. The pin holder for the swash appears to be in a slightly different position also to offset this.

It uses a 4 channel transmitter, 6 channel receiver, 370 motors, 7.5g servos, and 11.1v 3s batteries. According to the info I have currently it'll use a 4in1 receiver rather than a receiver and 3in1.

They are going to advertise it as being an outdoor flier, but we'll have to see when they ship.

Esky is also releasing the "KOB" and "EC130" end of August.

The "EC130" is a scale fuselage model.

The "KOB" looks like what would happen if a Lama with an Xtreme sport upgrade fell straight down, crashed into a CX2 with a sport upgrade, and they merged.
Last edited by Barak1001; Aug 26, 2008 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply