Jul 28, 2008, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

rcspeeds.com added location info including GoogleEarth Links

1. Finally got the one speed per person per location.

Now a bunch of US show up in some of the locations that were dominated by some of the faster pilots.

For instance I and a few of my friends are back on the Weldon Report... All the locations should now report speeds this way.

Issues??? Let me know here.

NEW LONG LIST
long list now has one entry per pilot.

NEW PILOTS GRID AND DAY GRID
from some reports you can now go to a Pilots Grid or a Day grid to see the speeds for any pilot or Grid.

Check out Spencers List of Speeds or the Fastest Day On Record

SURE WOULD LIKE INFORMATION OR PICTURES FOR:

PLANES:

TYPHOON 100

KAMIKAZE 2.5M

PushyCat

PLACES
Long Reef, Sydney, Australia

Morte Point

Abbots Hill

OR ANY OTHERS
Last edited by daboz; Aug 19, 2008 at 01:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2008, 06:57 PM
Thread OP
The long list is now everyone's PB in order.

IN the 100", 80", 60", Foamy ... REPORTS you can click the date and/or pilot to see reports for one pilot or one day like John Buxton or 10/21/07.

c

Geeeezzzzz John you have a lot of speeds entered,
Jul 30, 2008, 07:15 PM

Nice

Hey Chris,

This Page is sick. Gots to get together Man.
Jul 30, 2008, 08:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Peterson
Hey Chris,

This Page is sick. Gots to get together Man.
thanks Warren, now anyone can click on their name in the long list and see their speeds.

You could also click on the Pilots Grid, check the Sort By Pilot checkbox and then click the little airplane next to your name. The Pilots Grid page also has # of Speeds entered, MAX speed, # of planes entered, avereage speed entered and the # of hills flow for each of us...

yea lets fly soon, glad you made it to Weldon.

C
Last edited by daboz; Jul 30, 2008 at 08:34 PM.
Jul 31, 2008, 06:02 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
New site for you which is Mt Annan NSW Australia Ive got 100mph on the gun on a slow day . More speed is coming with the clearing of trees in the bottom of the circuit.
the 100mph was my Carbon bird ,no ballast . Looking forward to reporting some faster circles.
SteveW
Jul 31, 2008, 08:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban
New site for you which is Mt Annan NSW Australia Ive got 100mph on the gun on a slow day . More speed is coming with the clearing of trees in the bottom of the circuit.
the 100mph was my Carbon bird ,no ballast . Looking forward to reporting some faster circles.
SteveW

Thanks Steve, very cool, always like adding a new hill somewhere in the world. If you can send us a picture of the hill too that would be great. If you want people to know where it is, a google map is nice, or an earthlink. When you send your speeds please send the name of the radar gunner too.

Looking forward to you new speeds I'll get your hill in and send us a pic if you have one.

thanks

Chris
Aug 19, 2008, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Added a bunch of data for a lot of locations, driving,,,ect... some Google Earth links with some pretty neat features including exactly where to stand and a 3D image of the DS groove...

Pretty Cool

Aug 23, 2008, 10:33 PM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...

Photos of Lemontree

Chris, you asked for some photos of Lemontree ridge in Qld, Australia for which we've posted some speeds. Please feel free to disregard or delete any. Thanks, Andrew

Aug 24, 2008, 12:31 PM
Thread OP
Thanks let me know if the pictures I picked for Lemontree ridge is what you want. Some of them were emailed to me.

The speeds someone posted didn't have last names, Ill check for them and add them if they are there.

Thanks Chris

PS n edit...

If you feel like having them on your page send me a earth link, maps, driving directions or what everm....

let me know
Last edited by daboz; Aug 24, 2008 at 12:49 PM.
Aug 24, 2008, 04:31 PM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Yeah Chris thanks. Photos look great. Might be good to change the title to "Lemontree".

Not keen on the google links/ directions as it's a private property so it's not an open access situation. We have permission from the owner, but it's on a limited basis.
Aug 24, 2008, 11:01 PM
Thread OP
thanks, i'll fix it... Yea no links,,,
Nov 09, 2008, 07:03 AM
Soap Box Junkie

Photos of: Long Reef, Sydney Australia

Hi Chris,
Here are some photos for your site: Long Reef ,Sydney, Australia.

I took them today, I hope you like.
Nov 09, 2008, 12:20 PM
Thread OP
thanks! 148s a nice speed with your blade, made me curios so I googled earth'ed' the site, could you check it for me please? Where do you guys stand and fly? Looking forward to more speeds posted.

Feel free to send new photos, links whatever
Nov 09, 2008, 04:52 PM
Soap Box Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboz
thanks! 148s a nice speed with your blade, made me curios so I googled earth'ed' the site, could you check it for me please? Where do you guys stand and fly? Looking forward to more speeds posted.

Feel free to send new photos, links whatever
Thanks will do.

The 148 was done by my friend Craig in the Northern spot I marked, the wind needs to be from the ENE or NE to extract max energy. The 108 I did a while ago is in the more Southerly location and works when the wind is NNE. I think Matt Chang did a 110 Speed with his JW60 in the Northern Spot. I've seen that speed somewhere in your list.

I'm no expert at KMZ files so please fix and make pretty as required.

The season is just starting for us here and we are building a pile of JW60s to see what their limit is at this site. We also have another site down in Sydney Habour, will supply info on that as soon as we post the first speed.

Quick Reply